Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar

Reason of refusal

Sorry to admin but I need to re post it again in another thread.

"You have applied for a visa to visit your friend (your sponsor) in the UK for a period of six weeks. You state that you are employed as a virtual assistant with a monthly income of 14,000 Pesos. You state that you receive additional financial support from your sponsor. You state that you are single with no children. As evidence of your circumstances you have provided an employer's letter and staff ID card, bank certificate and statement and remittance advice slips for payments to you from your sponsor in UK. I not from your employer's letter that your wages are 5,000 per month. I not that the bulk of your income is obtained from your sponsor through his remittances. I not that from the seven remittance slips provided that your sponsor has remitted to you at least 2,235 GBP in the last year. It therefore follows that you are heavily reliant upon your sponsor in the UK for the majority of your daily needs. I also note that it is you and your sponsor's intention to live together in the future. I note that your sponsor proposes to bear the cost of your visit and that the documents provided appear to show that the maintenance and accommodation requirements of Paragraph 41 could be met. However it is the intentions and circumstances as evidenced, your financial reliance upon your sponsor and your intention to live together in the future I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period as stated by you. I am not satisfied that you would not seek to remain in the UK in another capacity if now admitted as a visitor. I am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the UK immigration Rules HC395 (as amended).
    On the evidence you have presented and considering your application as a whole, I am not satisfid, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet the requirements of the UK Immigration Rules HC395 (as amended) as a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor."

I therefore refuse your application.

I forgot to labelled all the remittances if where it used like the condo rental where we rent for a month last January 2012 and other expenses while we are together.

I made a mistake with the monthly income I received bec I added from my work salary and my sponsor's remittance.

I don't know if why is it a problem of intention to live together as couple want to live with each other but we state in his sponsorship letter that he is considering to retire here in the Philippines next year.

What should I need to do with these? Any help guys............Pls share.

You were not able to provide compelling evidence that on the balance of probability the reasons to return home outweigh the reasons to stay in UK.

pls help me guys. I need your help

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You were not able to provide compelling evidence that on the balance of probability the reasons to return home outweigh the reasons to stay in UK.
    Should I try it again for the second time or proceed to settlement?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_steve View Post
    If you can't significantly change your personal circumstances and strengthen your country ties, you'll need to change your visa strategy and consider a settlement route.

If you can't significantly change your personal circumstances and strengthen your country ties, you'll need to change your visa strategy and consider a settlement route.
    I will consider to apply for settlement visa as I dont want to spend more money with the tourist visa again but hope that my partner is ready for settlement visa also.

... you'll need to change your visa strategy and consider a settlement route.
    That's what I already suggested to Mike on his earlier thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    That's what I already suggested to Mike on his earlier thread ...
    OK I hope that my partner is ready for that.

I dont want to spend more money with the tourist visa again but hope that my partner is ready for settlement visa also.
    Visit visas at Ł78 a pop (for up to 6 months) cost less than 1/10 th of what you'd be required to shell out for a Civil Partnership settlement. But, of course, based on the exceedingly-low success rate for the *former ... there's no guarantee any further attempts at *it would fare any better.

Hence the reason why both Terpe and myself recommended the latter route. However ... ... at the end of the day, only you and Steve can decide between yourselves.

Visit visas at Ł78 a pop (for up to 6 months) cost less than 1/10 th of what you'd be required to shell out for a Civil Partnership settlement. But, of course, based on the exceedingly low success rate for the *former ... there's no guarantee any further attempts at *it would fare any better.

Hence the reason why both Terpe and myself recommended the latter route. However ... ... at the end of the day, only you and Steve can decide between yourselves.

I spent almost 12,000 pesos of my application last month inc. the visa fee, additional fee for Cebu and the VIP. I think I will go to Manila for my next application as I don't like the staff here in Cebu. They are not friendly as Manila as what I heard from other applicant who submitted their application in Manila.

OK I hope that my partner is ready for that.
    ... depends, I should imagine, on the strength of your relationship. How much each of you is committed to the other, for example.

... depends, I should imagine, on the strength of your relationship. How much each of you is committed to the other, for example.
    We are much committed with each other but his life is discreet and we will get marry.
    Is there possibility for me to get a student visa or I should have a bachelor's degree to study in the UK?

We are much committed with each other but his life is discreet and we will get marry.
    No offence intended Mike, but I believe you and your partner really need to have a serious discussion.
    A settlement strategy is expensive and requires a long term dedication.
    It's not to be taken lightly on either side.

...Is there possibility for me to get a student visa or I should have a bachelor's degree to study in the UK?
    From the information you've shared so far, the student visa route may not be the best way to progress given your aspirations.
    Take a look at this video first:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XKR5dsbUCHA

I spent almost 12,000 pesos of my application last month inc. the visa fee, additional fee for Cebu and the VIP. I think I will go to Manila for my next application as I don't like the staff here in Cebu. They are not friendly as Manila as what I heard from other applicant who submitted their application in Manila.
    I found the staff in the Cebu office really friendly! I even had to tell them that the picture on the wall with the Union Jack flag was a double decker bus and not a building lol!

If I were you I would go for the settlement visa if your partner wants that too. Our application was straightforward and accepted within 3 weeks of applying. As long as you tick the main boxes such as Finances, Accomodation, Genuine relationship and intention to marry then you wont hit any problems. We also used an immigration agency which cost me Ł300 but was money well spent!

Shame the narrator forgot to put hish falsh teesh in before recording jish video ... if he'd shounded a bitsh more "dour", delivered hish messhage in a deeper intonation and been Shcottish, he could've eashily been mishtaken for Shean Connery ... don't you shink?

What is the real reason for visiting the UK ??
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

To go the settlement route you have to prove that you have been living together for 2 years or more. Can you do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    What is the real reason for visiting the UK ??
    Christmas with his family and sightseeing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    To go the settlement route you have to prove that you have been living together for 2 years or more. Can you do that ?
    I think that settlement visa you mean is same sex marriage but we will be applying for civil proposed or civil partnership.

Living together for 2 years is only a requirement if you are applying for an unmarried partner visa.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Living together for 2 years is only a requirement if you are applying for an unmarried partner visa.
    Ok, cheers for that

I think that settlement visa u mean is same sex marriage but we will be applying for civil proposed or civil partnership.
    Civil Partnership is same sex marriage..

What,s the reason for your partner wanting to be discreet about your relationship ? You seem to be trying to get into UK any way you can !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Yeah sorry, it's an unmarried partner visa

What,s the reason for your partner wanting to be discreet about your relationship ? You seem to be trying to get into UK any way you can !!!!
    I just really want to be with my partner this Christmas coz his kids will be home as well and that's the perfect time that I could meet his family, but sad to say that my visa application was denied.

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    civil partnership is same sex marriage..
    Yeah sorry, my mistake. I meant an unmarried partner for that.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Sorry to admin but I need to re post it again in another thread.

"You have applied for a visa to visit your friend (your sponsor) in the UK for a period of six weeks. You state that you are employed as a virtual assistant with a monthly income of 14,000 Pesos. You state that you receive additional financial support from your sponsor. You state that you are single with no children. As evidence of your circumstances you have provided an employer's letter and staff ID card, bank certificate and statement and remittance advice slips for payments to you from your sponsor in UK. I not from your employer's letter that your wages are 5,000 per month. I not that the bulk of your income is obtained from your sponsor through his remittances. I not that from the seven remittance slips provided that your sponsor has remitted to you at least 2,235 GBP in the last year. It therefore follows that you are heavily reliant upon your sponsor in the UK for the majority of your daily needs. I also note that it is you and your sponsor's intention to live together in the future. I note that your sponsor proposes to bear the cost of your visit and that the documents provided appear to show that the maintenance and accommodation requirements of Paragraph 41 could be met. However it is the intentions and circumstances as evidenced, your financial reliance upon your sponsor and your intention to live together in the future I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period as stated by you. I am not satisfied that you would not seek to remain in the UK in another capacity if now admitted as a visitor. I am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of the UK immigration Rules HC395 (as amended).
    On the evidence you have presented and considering your application as a whole, I am not satisfid, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet the requirements of the UK Immigration Rules HC395 (as amended) as a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor."

I therefore refuse your application.

I forgot to labelled all the remittances if where it used like the condo rental where we rent for a month last January 2012 and other expenses while we are together.

I made a mistake with the monthly income I received bec I added from my work salary and my sponsor's remittance.

I don't know if why is it a problem of intention to live together as couple want to live with each other but we state in his sponsorship letter that he is considering to retire here in the Philippines next year.

What should I need to do with these? Any help guys............Pls share.
    What I would do if I am in your position right now is I will lie low first on visa application. I will have a serious chat with my partner, make things clear and from there start planning things forward. You TWO needs to work out together not just YOU/HIM.

I would suggest if you apply for a certain visa i.e. Settlement Visa then research as much as you can, know what the rules are, know the all the MAIN requirements and things that you need to know that links to the type of visa your applying for, collect docus gradually but do not rush things.

Eventually, you will get there. Its just one xmas off without him if you will do things more better then you two will have xmas together forever.

mars
    Hi there. I was reading this thread for a while and got myself worried now. I've a kid and also I finished a bachelor's degree but unfortunately I don't have any job. My bf wants to apply a visit visa for me to be able to meet his family and for me to visit my aunt at the same time. It's my parents who supports my needs as well as my daughter's. My bf is visiting Philippines every two months so he got us a house rented and he's been sending me monthly finances for the expenses. Apart from the bank statement I have (with my bf's support) I think I don't meet the said requirements needed. Does that mean I wont be able to qualify for the application and chances are low for them to grant me a visa?

Please help me regarding my queries.. Thanks!

Thread Information