Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question how to apply or get a national insurance #??

good evening to all

I am finally here in UK, it's been a week and 2 days already so far so good

I am planning to get a national insurance but the problem is we both don't know how to get one here in London. Will you please help us

And also, in my passport, I am still using my old last name and is it okay if I will use the last name of my husband with the council tax, nhs and all, is it okay?? I am bit worried that it might complicate the situation in the future.

Thank you so much.

Analou xx

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....surance+number

Read that thread. You can get infos from there bout NI #.

My husband phoned the job center here in our area- then they booked me for an appointment, that was July 2012 and so I went there and had some interview, I had with me all the documents needed, e.i passport, FLR (visa), Marriage cert., and my husband's NI number.
    Then I asked them If it's possible to use the last name of my husband though in my passport and in my FLR(visa) it's still my maiden name, and they said YES. After 2 weeks I got a letter from them with my NI number..
    Wish you'll sort your's also.
    cheers..

My wife recently applied and they simply sent the form which she returned with a copy of her passport/visa and received her number in less than 2 weeks.

https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-number

I phoned our local Job Center. They booked me for an appointment date and which Job Centre I will attend the interview. Make sure you have all your documents with you.

In my experience, they use my husband's family name as long as you have your marriage certificate to show them as proof. But they can't change your middle name though.
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

thank you so much for all the infos is really a big help and a relief for us as we are really worried about ''last names''

just wondering what are the questions they normally ask during the interview?

have a nice day!!

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Hi Ana. I phoned Oxford Job Center on Nov 15, 4pm and they booked my appointment the next day at 12:30pm to apply for my national insurance number (NINO). I brought my passport, BRP, marriage certificate, proof of residence, and birth certificate as evidence. The interview took 5 minutes only.

The questions being raised were (1) birth date - verified against your birth certificate, (2) name - verified against your passport or BRP, (3) address - verified against your proof of residence, (4) husband's details: name, birthday, national insurance number, (5) why you need a NINO, (6) qualification/degree/job title.

If you wish to use your husband's last name no worries they will consider that. It will be written on the "Other Name" section of the application form. It will be verified on your marriage certificate. By the way, the Officer is the one to fill-up your form. After the interview the Officer gave me the LMS Reference Number, Form Number and contact details incase i have not received my NINO in 6 weeks. Likewise, if i wish to change my passport using my husband last name and i would like to update my name in my NINO, Tax Office shall be contacted and not the Job Center.

I got my NINO after 8 working days.

Chillax, questions are easy. Good luck on your application.

As far as I remember, they asked me when I arrived the UK, then they asked for my visa/biometric, then when I got married... those stuff
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Thread Information