Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR (m) Application

Hi All

Apologies i understand this topic might be mentioned a lot on this forum, but it is obviously a stressful topic for many.

My wife and i got married in September and submitted our FLR (m) application at the end of September. It has now been over 2 months since we received the aknowledgment letter and they took the cash from us. However we have had no further correspondence or instructions regarding biometrics or requests for more information/documents. We have read on here that some people have received their biometrics request after just 6 weeks. Our questions are:

1) does our waiting time seem to be excessive or is this 'average'?

2) My wife was previously in the UK before we married on a fiance visa which does not expire until January. Does this have any weighting in the UKBA's decision of prioritising applications. For example would somebody who's current visa was due to expire this month be dealt with before us even though we submitted our application before them?

Again i understand this topic must be becoming repatitive to some people on here but please understand our position. We meet all the requirements and have complied with all of the UKBA's rules. It seems very unfair that when we comply with their rules, they seem to make no effort at all to meet their own deadlines.

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I, myself is a FLR m applicant and like your wife I am waiting for their request for me to do my biometrics. As far as I know, one of the members here just had her biometrics after 5 months of wait.

Many of the applicant here that done it via post are still waiting for 5-7 months now for the result so it might still be a long haul of waiting for us. No priority or whatsoever on handling visas. Your wifes status will remain even if her fiancee visa runs out this January.

we are also waiting for my FLR(M)
    i had my biometrics 4weeks after we submit my application.

Since they already took your money, i'm sure they will write back to you very soon regarding the biometrics
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Hi readingram, I posted my FLR(M) application on the 28th of August. Like in your case, they are pretty quick in getting the money but has never heard from them since then. Do not worry, your wife isn't alone and the queue is long. Just keep the recorded delivery receipt from the post office so your wife has a proof that she isn't an illegal immigrant in case some UKBA people asks her.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Thread Information