Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

don't take it personally;-) Bad and good sides of Filipinos and British

Hi im married to a Filipina which is a naturalized Brit and with the help of this forum, i was able to come here in UK last may 2012.

I am just wondering about the good and the bad sides of a Filipina as well as of a British...

This topic is intended to be fun and to share thoughts of mixed nationality marriage... So don't take it personally.;-)

I'll start with the Filipinos... Bad side: too serious about things especially when you state of their bad habbits.... They will give you reasons why they are doing it and will defend themselves whatever it takes to prove they are right their point of view.. They don't know the meaning of sharing and acceptance. In short, they are taking it too personal...lol

I am just wondering about the good and the bad sides of a Filipina as well as of a British...

I'll start with the Filipinos... Bad side: too serious about things especially when you state of their bad habbits.... They will give you reasons why they are doing it and will defend themselves whatever it takes to prove they are right their point of view.. They don't know the meaning of sharing and acceptance. In short, they are taking it too personal...lol

Thats why I come home black and blue after my visit there.
    Last edited by Terpe; 2nd December 2012 at 13:58. Reason: Tidy quote

Tampo's

the misses has only ever thrown 1 thing at me in 10yrs and she missed

oh i've forgot our 10th year anniversary was 2 weeks ago ,who said we wouldn't last a year

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Kmg423 View Post
    i think it goes down to ones personality...i am a filipino but when someone tells me that i am like this or like that i just dont simply bother. I dont really care what others think of me...but then i don't take .s--t either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Tampo's
    Seconded

Respected Member
    I have forgotten about the tampos

How bout the Filipina wives here... Anything about your beloved husbands... Just curiou here

Congrats to you joebloggs you have tolerated your wife for quite a while.. Uou must be a saint...lol

Respected Member
    Malditako, i probably need to ask your hubby regarding your traits...let me hear what he says about you.. Hope your username is not true....;-)

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    :unsure: oh i dunno.

my boyfriend has always said that sometimes i spout out things that can be hurtful without me realizing it :blush: : and im more of a realist that him, i suppose.

my one pet peeve with him is money. if he has some, he will spend it. he has no notion of saving for a rainy day. he'll save for a holiday, but that's gonna get spent anyway. he doesnt understand saving for saving's sake. lol. as opposed to myself who always makes sure that i set aside some money each month for future emergencies. sometimes i have to lie to him and say that i have no money left when in fact the money is in my savings account just to stop him from spending it. hahahaha.

just a small issue, anyway. im trying to school him in the science of budgeting and saving. :cuckoo:

bless his heart though. he's more thoughtful, expressive and demonstrative than i am, definitely. im more constrained and held-back.

I'll start with the Filipinos... Bad side: They don't know the meaning of sharing and acceptance. In short, they are taking it too personal...lol
    hmmm you didnt mention anything about the British 'side'??? ..let me help you lol

..Unfortunately , the British Loves to Moan a lot about everything!!!!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Tampo's
    i thought you wrote "tampons" there for one second

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hahahaha...that's what I noticed too!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I'm lucky......my wife only ever had 2 tampo's.

First one from 2000 - 2007, second one from 2008-2012

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsong View Post
    :unsure: oh i dunno.

my boyfriend has always said that sometimes i spout out things that can be hurtful without me realizing it :blush: : and im more of a realist that him, i suppose.

my one pet peeve with him is money. if he has some, he will spend it. he has no notion of saving for a rainy day. he'll save for a holiday, but that's gonna get spent anyway. he doesnt understand saving for saving's sake. lol. as opposed to myself who always makes sure that i set aside some money each month for future emergencies. sometimes i have to lie to him and say that i have no money left when in fact the money is in my savings account just to stop him from spending it. hahahaha.

just a small issue, anyway. im trying to school him in the science of budgeting and saving. :cuckoo:

bless his heart though. he's more thoughtful, expressive and demonstrative than i am, definitely. im more constrained and held-back.
    Keep saving and doing what you are doing. One day if you find out you dont love the guy as much as you say you do now,it wont matter so much financially..It doesn't sound like you have much in common anyway,although I could be wrong... (as usual)
    Yon lang.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Keep saving and doing what you are doing. One day if you find out you dont love the guy as much as you say you do now,it wont matter so much financially..It doesn't sound like you have much in common anyway,although I could be wrong... (as usual)
    Yon lang.
    ahahaha. in all other matters we're the same. and i do love him with all my heart. he knows he's not good with money so he's trying to be more sensible and takes my advice. he makes up for my shortcomings and i make up for his. i try to be more demonstrative. haha. them practical issues in a relationship are a bit of a bother, arent they?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsong View Post
    ahahaha. in all other matters we're the same. and i do love him with all my heart. he knows he's not good with money so he's trying to be more sensible and takes my advice. he makes up for my shortcomings and i make up for his. i try to be more demonstrative. haha. them practical issues in a relationship are a bit of a bother, arent they?
    Yes they are...
    Its a good test of what real love is... At least for the mean time.
    Wish you both luck for the latter years!

Hello everyone, my name is Mick and this is the first time ive written anything in this forum! Ive known my Filipina wife, Myrna since we met online in Feb 2008, we got married in the Philippines in January 2011 and she eventually arrived in the UK July 2011.
    My wife is funny, caring, honest, hardworking and beautiful and i love her so much - ive never been so happy in my life, but, better late than never as they say! My house has never been so clean, and since she came to the UK i hardly ever cook (i do make her breakfast in bed every day though!) shes a lot more careful with money than i am, and no food gets wasted!!!! Shes a homebird, and only goes out occasionally to the local Co-op, once a week to volunteer at a local charity shop, and out with me when im playing somewhere (Im a guitarist in a rock band)I cant think of any negatives about her! Shes the best thing thats ever happened to me and i look forward to spending the rest of my life with her!

Respected Member
    nice post mick -wish everyone was like that

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Well, I'm like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    nice post mick -wish everyone was like that
    Thanks for that! Took me 51 years years and i had to travel 8,300 miles but i finally found her hiding in her hermit cave on Cebu!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Yes they are...
    Its a good test of what real love is... At least for the mean time.
    Wish you both luck for the latter years!
    thanks fred! im certainly wishing for good luck in our relationship in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mickmyrna View Post
    My house has never been so clean, and since she came to the UK i hardly ever cook (i do make her breakfast in bed every day though!) shes a lot more careful with money than i am, and no food gets wasted!!!! Shes a homebird, and only goes out occasionally to the local Co-op, once a week to volunteer at a local charity shop, and out with me when im playing somewhere (Im a guitarist in a rock band)I cant think of any negatives about her! Shes the best thing thats ever happened to me and i look forward to spending the rest of my life with her!
    omg that's me except i have a job so jay and i have to cook alternately and share the chores. i hate waste of any kind though, so i always make sure that the budget is followed and no food gets wasted.

sometimes i think i nag too much about his finances though whoops.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hahahaha...that's what I noticed too!
    I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    hmmm you didnt mention anything about the British 'side'??? ..let me help you lol

tell me moew about it hahaha...i get them everyday but thaw was before till i told him i had enough moaning!!! lol!

Malditako, i probably need to ask your hubby regarding your traits...let me hear what he says about you.. Hope your username is not true....;-)
    just ask some of the forum member they know me i am maldita yes in some ways lol.

Tampo is not my cuppa tea but getting mad yeah lol.

Thread Information