Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Joey Bartons answers in English with a French accent lol

Reminds me of that other Donut Steve McClaren.

Banned
    Half Witted Imbecile!

Banned
    I am not a lover of Joey Barton, far from it. Though I admired Steve Maclaren for his role at Man U. Anyhow, its a funny thing because we can all fall into this kind of mannersim under the right / wrong circumstances.

How many of us end up talking to our filipina wives in a similar kind of way? I find that I can either default to quality English, in which case my wife only understands half of what I am saying or I can speak to her in a watered down version of English as spoken by many pinoys, the latter of the two she is more likely to understand.

Many of us adapt our speaking style to whoever we are talking to and would no doubt adopt a different approach to talking to the Queen, for example, than would otherwise be normal for us. My ex wife was a master at switching her accent, having been brought up in Scotland and settled in Manhester she was well able to switch, seamlessly, from a Perthsire / Dundee accent to an immaculate English accent, as if at the flick of a switch. She would often talk to her parents in her Scottish accent and then spin round to me and talk to me in an English accent. This skill was quite useful at times as she was much at home in the Barrowlands of Glasgow as she was in Harrods of London. It also meant that she was extremely good at mimicking various accents.

I think that many people, but not all, if immersed in France, for example, would end up speaking in the way we can see in the video. After all, how comprehensible to the French would Joey Barton be if he stuck to his native dialect? In speaking to them in English in the same way that the French would speak to him in English then he surely makes himself more understandable to the french press? He is probably hearing that kind of accent and speech from everyone of his team mates.

I once spent a month working in Libya with a Russian crew who could hardly utter a word of English and my knowledge of Russian was limited to Lev Yashin, Boris Yeltsin and Alexander Gorbachov. Under such conditions the quality of ones speech goes right out the window.

Banned
    Heres the flipside of the story....

" I understand Joey Barton's faux French accent: he's just an expat trying to fit in
    If you've never lived abroad and been reduced to tears by a perplexing aisle of foreign muesli, don't laugh at Barton's travails"
    Before yesterday, I didn't think that I had anything in common with footballer Joey Barton, the Queens Park Rangers midfielder currently on loan to Marseille. Indeed, I did not know who Joey Barton was. But yesterday afternoon, I watched Joey Barton give a press conference with a fake French accent and I felt a thud of recognition, like I was looking in the mirror, and a northern footballer with a fake French accent and a history of violent conduct looking back at me "Joey Barton," I said, in a fake German accent (I moved to Berlin two months ago), "I don't even really know who you are, but you and I are not so different at all.

For only when you've been an expat yourself – I've been one for 13 years, having not made my home in the country where I was born since I was 18 – can you understand the bizarre behaviour that the experience of being a stranger in a mildly strange land can elicit: the urge to adhere to national stereotypes, as if doing so might be a shortcut to belonging.

Both Barton and I have opted for gentle immigration experiences, living as expats in countries where all the comforts of home are available, albeit weird versions of them. It's brave, but only a tiny bit: it's less difficult than it is irritating. In contrast with home, our challenges may feel dramatic, but they're really banal: how do I use a bank machine, what's a typical breakfast, why did those people just shout at me for crossing the road? The illusion of overall familiarity in countries that are not too unlike where we're from prompts a belief that it shouldn't be long before we fit in like locals. We hasten to demonstrate our devotion to our new homes by out-nativing the natives. In the process, we humiliate ourselves. But at least we are trying."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...t-expat-fit-in

I think there's a difference between speaking a watered down version of English occasionally for our wives to understand which I'm sure a lot of us do, compared to speaking to French Journalists in English with a French accent.
    Personally I thought it resembled a scene from 'Allo 'Allo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I think there's a difference between speaking a watered down version of English occasionally for our wives to understand which I'm sure a lot of us do, compared to speaking to French Journalists in English with a French accent.
    Personally I thought it resembled a scene from 'Allo 'Allo
    Well yes, exactly. I thought the same, but as some analysts have said, he is probably simply trying to fit in. My ex wife did that (adopted a Manc accent) to avoid being beaten up by the West Indians in her Moss Side school. In Joey Bartons case the motive will be slightly different yet still similarly trying to fit in.

It was funny though

Banned
    If Joey Barton had stuck to football and not some of his less than savoury behaviours then he might well have been an England player.

Found some more funnies-Harry's is brill

His Benitez is spot on

Banned
    More from Harry....on Di Canio

Banned
    Rafa and Mourinho....

Banned
    When I was much younger I spoke like Harry Redknap, owing to the fact that I moved out of London in my early twenties. The corners of my accent have since been rubbed off. But, when I am back in good ol' Lun-dun Taaaan I do switch back quite easily.

Banned
    Sardines....

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Sardines....

God!

Banned
    I wonder how long it will be before Barton decks someone in France ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before Barton decks someone in France ?
    It's only a matter of time Ded. Scumbag

Thread Information