Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Just for the record

Yes I plead guilty it was me who posted about the pakistani girl and I stand by what I asked and said.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Yes I plead guilty it was me who posted about the pakistani girl and I stand by what I asked and said.
    For the record. I don't disagree with your alarm and concern, Andy.

Like you say lastlid I was just highlighting my concerns and what I thought would happen.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    No worries about that Andy. But for the record too, it's not the girl's fault that she's brought here in the UK and that her life's in danger, she's actually an advocate of education to women in Pakistan. Blame UK's immigration system though on how easy it is to be abused by the wrong people.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    No worries about that Andy. But for the record too, it's not the girl's fault that she's brought here in the UK and that her life's in danger, she's actually an advocate of education to women in Pakistan. Blame UK's immigration system though on how easy it is to be abused by the wrong people.
    Yes. I agree. My quarrel with these matters is with our government.

Like I have said before. Why here? I think if you was in the same position as a few of us on here you would be asking the same question.

I thought it was you matey. Very perceptive indeed.

Like I have said before. Why here? I think if you was in the same position as a few of us on here you would be asking the same question.
    That's why I said, blame UK immigration system. It's been known to the world now (I think) how soft the country is. I don't think the girl requested to be here or has chosen which country to go to. UK officials in Pakistan probably intervened. She's been shot in the head and probably not conscious when brought here because of her injuries. I've watched some of the documentaries of her..she and her family returned to their city even when Talibans are bombing their place. Their family kept on fighting for their rights and the women's education. That's how patriotic the girl is, in my views anyway. But UK keeps on making mistakes when it comes to immigration. According to the news article, Pakistani government officials here in the UK (I'm guessing the embassy) were the ones who offered a job to the father so the family can stay here probably for their safety and not the other way around (but I'm not really sure as I'm basing it on the article). It's probably because they know it'll be just that quick for this family to get the asylum grant they need. You all know what I mean.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Their family kept on fighting for their rights and the women's education. That's how patriotic the girl is, in my views anyway.
    Yes. And hasn't she been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?

Dont you think I know whos fault it is why they are here? I know it is the governments fault I also know the family will take advantage. Do you think the father will turn the job offer down? All I am getting at is the way the government are making it harder for us to get our legitimate wives here and then they do this. And us the tax payer will have to pay for someone who was not even born in this country and her family.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I thought it was you matey. Very perceptive indeed.
    Yes marco look at the trouble you had getting your beloved here. And they are just allowed to walk in here.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Yes. And hasn't she been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?
    If this is, indeed, the case ... then she'll be the youngest-ever recipient and, to my mind, at least, has certainly more than proved herself WORTHY of the honour!

I understand everyone's concern here regarding immigrants. It's not hard to perceive why most British have views like yours Andy, seeing that there are so many illegals here milking the country. But no one can be sure whether Malala's family would do the same. But denying the safety she needed because of this is I think discrimination. Just because there are lots of Pakistani milking UK doesn't mean all of them would do it. It's like saying all Filipinas marry foreigners for their money. And it's like what happen this morning, denying foster parents to take care of kids of ethnic minority because they are UKIP supporters. Don't worry, if my marriage to Keith do not end well, I will leave this country first thing in the morning, as I don't want British people to think of me getting the taxpayers' money, especially as I wasn't born here.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    If this is, indeed, the case ... then she'll be the youngest-ever recipient and, to my mind, at least, has certainly more than proved herself WORTHY of the honour!
    Agree 100% with you Arthur.
    I also agree that the governments policy of not allowing your wives to come to the UK is wrong but i don't think frustration should be directed at this family.

as I don't want British people to think of me getting the taxpayers' money, especially as I wasn't born here.
    if you've paid in you should be able to take out without feeling guilty
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I understand everyone's concern here regarding immigrants. It's not hard to perceive why most British have views like yours Andy, seeing that there are so many illegals here milking the country. But no one can be sure whether Malala's family would do the same. But denying the safety she needed because of this is I think discrimination. Just because there are lots of Pakistani milking UK doesn't mean all of them would do it. It's like saying all Filipinas marry foreigners for their money. And it's like what happen this morning, denying foster parents to take care of kids of ethnic minority because they are UKIP supporters. Don't worry, if my marriage to Keith do not end well, I will leave this country first thing in the morning, as I don't want British people to think of me getting the taxpayers' money, especially as I wasn't born here.
    With all due respect I think you are barking up the wrong tree on some of your comments. Not once have I mentioned filipinas coming here. Another thing is I work in the community and I see what goes on. Another point. Your husband was born here he should have every right to bring you here, People have said many times that we are the dustbin (trash can) of europe this case just confirms it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if you've paid in you should be able to take out without feeling guilty
    I don't feel guilty, that's what i'd do for real..if that happens, no point of staying here for me..as i went here just to be with Keith and nothing else..everything's not about money you know
    -=rayna.keith=-

money makes the world go round, but its best to have someone to share it with

With al due respect I think you are barking up the wrong tree on some of your comments. Not once have I mentioned filipinas coming here. Another thing is I work in the community and I see what goes on. Another point. Your husband was born here he should have every right to bring you here, People have said many times that we are the dustbin (trash can) of europe this case just confirms it in my opinion.
    Like I said I understand everyone's concern about this family moving just like that..but like what another poster said above, directing to this family your frustrations about not bringing your wife here as easy as this family is not this family's fault..but UK government. They're allowing the taxpayers' money to be taken by the wrong people. It's not their fault being hunted by Talibans just because they're fighting for their rights of education..when actual harm goes in your life and someone offered you a chance of escaping being dead the next minute, i'm sure most people would accept the help.

Oh well, i'm not a taxpayer of this country, i haven't contributed anything yet, so i probably don't know anything. But what i can say is it's hard being an immigrant in a "rich" country even if you got here legally as we are always prone to be blamed of getting what's not supposed to be ours.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Oh well, i'm not a taxpayer of this country, i haven't contributed anything yet, so i probably don't know anything. But what i can say is it's hard being an immigrant in a "rich" country even if you got here legally as we are always prone to be blamed of getting what's not supposed to be ours.
    thats the problem, everyone gets tarred with the same brush, until you are in the same situation as most of us are on this site, now one knows what we or you have to go through to get here,it makes my blood boil

I prefer to spend my tax money on legitimate asylum seekers than those trying to screw the system or the illegals. We should have a 48hr turnover of these people, and if a country won't accept them back quickly then we house them on the Northern Shetlands .... in that weather they'll soon be wanting to go back home
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

The point is you are legal your husband supports you. He contributes to the system and I have never met you but Im pretty damn sure you would work if you could. The government did not invite you to be here and give you a job and a house did they? And as for it not being safe for her to go back there where do you draw the line? If the taliban want her that much is she putting our country at risk? What is stopping them from coming here?

If the taliban want her that much is she putting our country at risk? What is stopping them from coming here?
    I think they're probably here already matey.

The point is you are legal your husband supports you. He contributes to the system and I have never met you but Im pretty damn sure you would work if you could. The government did not invite you to be here and give you a job and a house did they? And as for it not being safe for her to go back there where do you draw the line? If the taliban want her that much is she putting our country at risk? What is stopping them from coming here?
    Err, I think UK government put your country at risk not the kid. Your country got a lot of criminals (whether British or other nationality) already enough to put the people here at risk.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I dont think she was forced to come here do you? Her father could have said no. And your right marco my mistake sorry mate the taliban are already here.

I dont think she was forced to come here do you? Her father could have said no. And your right marco my mistake sorry mate the taliban are already here.
    Stay in Pakistan and your daughter will likely die, or go to the UK and she will live... hard choice for a father

Oh sorry there are no country closer to pakistan is there? I know what your going to say. No one else offered but how do you know?

Who knows if others offered, who cares She's alive and safe

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Who knows if others offered, who cares She's alive and safe
    And so are all the illegal asylum seekers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I prefer to spend my tax money on legitimate asylum seekers than those trying to screw the system or the illegals. We should have a 48hr turnover of these people, and if a country won't accept them back quickly then we house them on the Northern Shetlands .... in that weather they'll soon be wanting to go back home
    Or in Aberdeen, one of the two........

(Sorry those from Aberdeen - only joking)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information