Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Adoption

Adoption

hello guys, can you please tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of adoption?.. my hubby wants to adopt my son as soon as he gets here.. thnx..

Quote Originally Posted by bhem_bhem View Post
    hello guys, can you please tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of adoption?.. my hubby wants to adopt my son as soon as he gets here.. thnx..
    there is lots of answer on the web for you to read(disadvantages and advantages) http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...3222218AAjNnWa your case is different its like adopting your own child

.. if i have a child from a past relationship, i will not let my new husband adopt my own child , why?? the child already comes with the package what I'll do is just wait for the right time when my child grows up and properly decide if he wants to carry the name of my new husband and throw away the name of his biological father...just a bit of respect and right time to decide for my child for what he wants to do in the future for himself.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

thnx,, with my son, he never had a father. i kinda feel sorry for him that there's no father listed on his birth certificate and he's surname will be different from me and his sibling.. though he is still young he do understand that he's father never came to see him,,

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    If its in your heart to give your son a father, go ahead let your husband adopt him, You'll never regret it I'm sure, they will hopefully build up a fantastic father son relationship that will create a secure bond between them, and they won't be able to thank you enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    If its in your heart to give your son a father, go ahead let your husband adopt him, You'll never regret it I'm sure, they will hopefully build up a fantastic father son relationship that will create a secure bond between them, and they won't be able to thank you enough!!
    thnx mike,, yeah pretty sure we will all be happy,, looking at the sites now on what to do..

We are in a similar position and when we apply soon for his Citizenship, we want it to be in the same name as ours.

We are looking at either adoption or changing his name by deep poll?

I dunno which move to take as I don't want problems in the future.. I dunno yet if it will be a problem applying for his visa if we will change his name or if my hubby adopts him what will happen next.

As long as you have a legal document showing the name change, it should not cause any problems.

There were no problems for my wife when she applied for ILR in her married name, as we supplied the marriage certificate as evidence.

Pls let me know what u decided and how u did it.. Thnx rusty..

adoption is a wonderful thing to give a child, why dont you wait awhile for you all to settle in england getting use to each other, the love will not change towards each other, all that will change his the name they have

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    adoption is a wonderful thing to give a child, why dont you wait awhile for you all to settle in england getting use to each other, the love will not change towards each other, all that will change his the name they have
    yeah,, won't do it till i think it's the right time.. it's just me always planning ahead of time and always have back up plan, kinda my habit..

you can get his name change to your wedding name, thats easy to do, but you need to go to a solicitor,

you can get his name change to your wedding name, thats easy to do, but you need to go to a solicitor,
    yeah,, we want to change his name.. if it's possible here to change his name, i just wonder will it be a problem if he visit philippines and when he renew his passport..

Just had a reply from UKBA

Dear Mr R

In order for your step son to apply in yours and his mothers surname you will be required to obtain a change of name deed, which can be done by a solicitor at a charge.

This is an official document which would allow him to take on your name and have any future ID documents also in this name.

RegardsCustomer Service Advisor 14
    UKBA
    North West Correspondence Team

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Just had a reply from UKBA

Dear Mr R

In order for your step son to apply in yours and his mothers surname you will be required to obtain a change of name deed, which can be done by a solicitor at a charge.

This is an official document which would allow him to take on your name and have any future ID documents also in this name.

RegardsCustomer Service Advisor 14
    UKBA
    North West Correspondence Team
    thnx rusty,, all i need to know now is if it's acceptable in philippines and if not what do i have to do..

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    thats definitely the plan we have. better to make sure and be settled first before bringing the kid in the UK.

one thing you can not change is the name on his birth cert, i could have tired to adopt my stepson years ago, or maybe change his name by deed poll, but as he was nearly a teenager we didn't bother, its never been a problem for him having his moms surname.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    one thing you can not change is the name on his birth cert, i could have tired to adopt my stepson years ago, or maybe change his name by deed poll, but as he was nearly a teenager we didn't bother, its never been a problem for him having his moms surname.
    yeah,, just a thought that one day we might do these things..

Thread Information