Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: atm machines

atm machines

as alot of us are going to meet our asawa,s this christmas and any other time in the near future here is a stark warning my marites was robbed by armed men at a atm machine this morning we know we have to get money at times beware when you do look for anyone hanging around the machine before using also try use one of the sites that are well lit christmas is getting near and so will the criminals that prey on us as easy money marites is ok but shook up over it this was in angels this also goes about wearing lots of jewllery if it can happen to a filipino it can happen to us so be safe on your next trip to phil

Banned
    This kind of incident appears to be quite prevalent in the Philippines.

my misses aunt had been robbed twice in Manila, one time she was on a jeepney with our little girl who was only 2 and some pulled a knife out and threatened my misses aunt
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Sorry to hear about this hawk. Is she ok?

marites is ok thank god it just shows how vunrable we all are to criminals over there and here only 14 days and i will be with her she was very upset not alot i could do here in uk but least she has her familey support thanks for asking andy222

sorry to hear,and glad she wasn't hurt, though i think she will proberbly be very nervous when she needs to use cash machines again,
    its good you will be with her soon, 14 days will pass quickly

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Pleased Marites is ok, thats the most important thing!

Your right thank god she is ok. It must be a traumatic experience for her and for hawk as he is not there with her. This could happen anywhere in the world though. The fact that your 7000 miles apart does not help and I bet hawk is feeling some kind of guilt because he wasnt there. Keep your chin up mate you will be there soon..

thank you all i have given her some advice about not using atm again at night and to split up her money so if it happen again least they wont get it all there was 4 of them and they had knifes at there backs so it was give the money or be injured too girls cant do alot against 4 guys am planing on getting a bike over there and going to take to to work and back

Banned
    When I was in the Philippines, my wife alerted me to the potential for trouble at ATMs. She always insisted our driver watch my back when I was taking money out.

My wife's sister had her gold chain wrenched from her neck when waiting for a Jeepney in Manila. She had her 4 yo son in her arms at the time.

it can happen anywhere in the world, when we was in the phils and if we needed to get cash out we tried to either use ones in the malls or even inside some shops too, but always looking to see who is around

Banned
    Sure it can happen anywhere but the circumference of likelihood appears to be bigger over there. Hawk's story appears to be one that crops up a lot.

as they say no news is good news and sad though it is if hawk did not mention it on here, it would just be another story to read past going towards the sport page, and was it not long ago it was happening here in england quite alot

All the ATM machines here in Tagum City have armed security guards so no problems here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    All the ATM machines here in Tagum City have armed security guards so no problems here.
    I guess that sums it up quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    as alot of us are going to meet our asawa,s this christmas and any other time in the near future here is a stark warning my marites was robbed by armed men at a atm machine this morning we know we have to get money at times beware when you do look for anyone hanging around the machine before using also try use one of the sites that are well lit christmas is getting near and so will the criminals that prey on us as easy money marites is ok but shook up over it this was in angels this also goes about wearing lots of jewllery if it can happen to a filipino it can happen to us so be safe on your next trip to phil
    This happened in Angeles?

Robbery is part of life in Pinas,I met a really nice pinoy guy in Honkers,he had a job,a wife and was busy producing a shedload of kids(his wife was in a permanant state of pregnancy and always had a few ankle-biters in tow),I remember at a BBQ on repulse bay once he was a bit drunk and told me he used to rob people in Manila I knew a girl in Manila whose dad walked into a shop that was in the process of being robbed,he was made to lie on the ground and was shot alongside the store owner,the same girl was robbed twice at night in QC while riding a jeepney from work,some guy made a half hearted attempt to rob me once in Zamboanga,life is cheap,luckily your lady is safe and well if a little shaken.
    When I first saw the title it reminded me of something I used on siquijor once,an ATM (Automatic Tubig Machine) Put a peso coin in and get a plastic bag of cool drinking water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Yeah, the HSBC one I used near the shopping mall was only open during the
    day and always had armed security guards. Don't think I'll be using a Jeepney during the day on my own as I've heard of a lot of stories of people having things stolen when riding on them.

Thread Information