Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

3rd party co-sponsor ruling

There was a recent court ruling that third-party support was NOT allowed for a visa app.

http://www.gherson.com/articles/thir...ation-of-huang

but from the IND web site.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Fr...=1036517843636

"Members of the couple’s families in the UK may offer to maintain the couple adequately until they can do so from their own resources. This is acceptable in the case of fiancé(e)s / proposed civil partners who are not permitted to work until the marriage / civil partnership. However, for spouses or civil partners, such an arrangement would not satisfy the Rules, which require the couple to maintain themselves. Nevertheless it may be appropriate in certain circumstances to exercise discretion for a spouse or civil partner where it is clear that such an arrangement will be for a limited period and that the couple will be in a position to maintain themselves shortly after the applicant’s arrival in the UK"

well, is this going to change next april, and is the discretion going to go ? no co-sponsor support allowed for a spouse visa???? oh

i didn't know that co-sponsor support for a spouse visa was at the discretion of the case worker !!!, you learn something new every day

I've just read that Third Party support is no longer permitted in Entry Clearance cases ... as mentioned above i didn't even know it was at the discreation of the case worker for spouse visa's, but I didn't know this is true for all entry clearance cases, but if it is, I would have thought it will effect many people applying for a visa... and is this another way of reducing the number of people coming from outside europe to the uk..

Thread Information