Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    HI all

Just registered today nice to see a Filipino forum here in the UK. Ive been here since I was 8 years old and always wanted to find out more about the PH and meet other filipinos, as I havent been back ever since! :( Anyway, nice to see that there all plenty of fellow pinoys here in the UK.

Administrator
    Ive been here since I was 8 years old
    You've been on the forum THAT long and said nothing!! :lol:

as I havent been back ever since!
    You don't know how lucky you are

.....and HELLO
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Originally posted by admin@Oct 6 2005, 04:46 PM
    You've been on the forum THAT long and said nothing!! :lol:
    You don't know how lucky you are
    .....and HELLO

LOL! Yeah I was hiding all along Seems like a friendly place... nice to be here

Respected Member
    Originally posted by britadobo@Oct 6 2005, 04:53 PM
    LOL! Yeah I was hiding all along Seems like a friendly place... nice to be here

Hi Ria

I`m a new boy as well but I have visited the P.I. a few times ,so if there`s anything I can help you with just ask away, English only though, as i gave up on my Tagalog

Peter
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Originally posted by deepete@Oct 6 2005, 07:58 PM
    Hi Ria

I`m a new boy as well but I have visited the P.I. a few times ,so if there`s anything I can help you with just ask away, English only though, as i gave up on my Tagalog

Peter
    Lucky you having the chance to visit, everytime I seem to plan to go back something crops up... so its always been put off... anyway have given up on my tagalog too... can only understand some stuff... as for asking me to speak or write it... no chance! I dont want to look a fool! :unsure: Somehow when I speak it, I sound like a try hard. :(

Anyway I shall be going back on May 2007 as my hubby and I are having our main wedding there.... I cant wait!

Where in the Uk are u from? Im from the lovely city of Cambridge.... (not one of the posh ones those... more of a commoner)

Thanks all for making me feel welcome!

Mabuhay Ria, kumusta nice to have you on the Forum, Gina and Pete welcome you, we are about 35 miles south of you in Chelmsford, welcome to the Forum, we hope to see more of you soon, we are a Brit-Filipino couple,

Best wishes

Pete n Gina

Administrator
    I live in Wales.........same country as Rob......(Don't mention sheep when he's here though, he's never been the same since they cloned his girlfriend :unsure: )...... :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Banned
    Originally posted by admin@Oct 7 2005, 08:56 AM
    I live in Wales.........same country as Rob......(Don't mention sheep when he's here though, he's never been the same since they cloned his girlfriend :unsure: )...... :lol:
    Keith, you are as funny as a...fart in a lift :lol: :lol:

Respected Member
    Hi Ria

I live at the other end of the M11, East London/Essex borders and met my wife Dee while she was studying here 18 years ago.

She originates from Angeles city, a very quite place with shy retiring people, that I`m not all that keen to visit. I really enjoy Manilla, being a city boy I suppose.

Good luck for the wedding, we have held lots of parties in the P.I. never met the neighbours but they always turn up to eat then dissapear.

Nice to meet you guys, anyone considering living in the P.I.

Peter
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 7 2005, 09:59 AM
    Keith, you are as funny as a...fart in a lift :lol: :lol:
    I must be, I stole the radio out of my own car last night :blink:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Originally posted by deepete@Oct 7 2005, 11:41 AM

Nice to meet you guys, anyone considering living in the P.I.

Peter
    Hi Peter,
    yes i am aiming to live there sometime in the next few years.I have only been once so far though i am going next month also...

Eljohno

Exclamation

Originally posted by britadobo@Oct 6 2005, 02:53 PM
    HI all

Just registered today nice to see a Filipino forum here in the UK. Ive been here since I was 8 years old and always wanted to find out more about the PH and meet other filipinos, as I havent been back ever since! :( Anyway, nice to see that there all plenty of fellow pinoys here in the UK.
    Hello Ria, nice meeting you here! I'm a Filipino married to British & we have a lovely little darling boy, DJ (David Jose). We're planning to go back to the P.I for the next 2 years, please God! and would enjoy the warm weather, that's what I miss in the P.I, of course my family as well. I love to spend every single minutes being there, it's more different than here in UK, different lifestyle, culture & everything. I'm still desperate for Filipino foods

I would give thumbs up to the P.I. I love England as well as my second country, but P.I would still be my "HOME, SWEET HOME!". I miss the Christmas & New Year celebration there. Months & years passed by so quick that I even don't want to bother counting on days before Chrismas or New Year. I wish I could go back home as soon as I can hehe!

Wish you goodluck on your wedding.

Venus
    Taka care now & Bye!.... Venus

Respected Member
    Hi Eljohno

hope you enjoy your visit, me and my younger son followed a few weeks after my wife on our last visit and we got upgraded to business class with Emirate`s. They thought I was a pilot, in my passport pic they said I looked like a pilot. Wasnt going to argue.

Hey Venus, my wife actually prefers the climate here, I cope better than her when we visit the P.I.

Her food cravings have changed now to any food thats around, she just loves eating.
    When we first met she cooked dried fish in vinegar in the house, wow the stink, then I said she could cook it whenever she wanted it, but out in the garden shed!

I bet you really miss the early morning visits to the meat market in the P.I.
    I love all the carol singing at xmas, not sure about the fireworks for the new year though
    Winston Churchill

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum Ria.... Its always good to know this forum is growing.

Hello Venus,

If you are going to PI with your little boy, post your experience here. Me too has little almost 7 months old boy and planning to visit PI. I bet its not that easy to travel with a baby, anyone here has experience? Please share.

Originally posted by deepete@Oct 7 2005, 07:37 PM
    Hi Eljohno

hope you enjoy your visit, me and my younger son followed a few weeks after my wife on our last visit and we got upgraded to business class with Emirate`s. They thought I was a pilot, in my passport pic they said I looked like a pilot. Wasnt going to argue.

Hey Venus, my wife actually prefers the climate here, I cope better than her when we visit the P.I.

Her food cravings have changed now to any food thats around, she just loves eating.
    When we first met she cooked dried fish in vinegar in the house, wow the stink, then I said she could cook it whenever she wanted it, but out in the garden shed!

I bet you really miss the early morning visits to the meat market in the P.I.
    I love all the carol singing at xmas, not sure about the fireworks for the new year though
    I actually prefer the cold weather here as I could wear thick coats I don't need to worry more about what tops to put on if i'm going out... only that Im still missing going out in front of the house, sat there anytime of the day without thinking about the cold day. B)

Dried fish? (WOW&#33 that does stinks but it's worth eating it haha! I miss that as well and to mention the wet market in the P.I at least everything's fresh, that does matters. I don't mind now going back at this minute and I would get anything that I want in the market. I used to moan a lot about what my mother prepares on the table but I realized that I need them all so badly now :P I won't be maarte anymore hehe! Millions of people starving you know! :unsure:

I can't cook anything I want here... I'm staying with my mother-in-law, she always doesn't like to smell any filipino foods. Careful not to argue with her, isn't it? I'm a nice person you know... but my husband is alright, he doesn't mind if he's looking at me using my hand (just in front of him though) while i'm having something to eat. Hey, don't laugh at me but that's very true... only in the P.I i supposed. :lol:

Originally posted by kentish@Oct 7 2005, 08:41 PM
    Welcome to the forum Ria.... Its always good to know this forum is growing.

Hello Venus,

If you are going to PI with your little boy, post your experience here. Me too has little almost 7 months old boy and planning to visit PI. I bet its not that easy to travel with a baby, anyone here has experience? Please share.
    Hey Kentish, my little DJ is going on 6mos old this 19th of October. B) My husband John enjoyed his stay of his first visit in the PI, that was when we first met. He couldn't wait any longer to visit PI. He loves singing on videoke and he thinks that he's very famous (everyone's looking at him, that's why). He just loves Asian culture.

I will post everything about my experience going back in the PI. :unsure:

Respected Member
    Karaoke.....hahahahhh. Me and hubby were fortunate to get a dvd player with karaoke function at Safeway 2 years ago and once we got home I connect it to his stereo with quite powerful speaker, (never mind the messy wiring all over the place long as karaoke is working) and played loud tagalog karaoke songs which probably irritate the neighbor.

But when my boy was about 3 months old he doesnt like it <_< <_<

Oh yeah why dont this forum organize karaoke party???????????hello mods...

Banned
    Originally posted by kentish@Oct 8 2005, 02:59 PM

Oh yeah why dont this forum organize karaoke party???????????hello mods...
    I&#39;ll happily organise a Karaoke Party but no way am I taking part unless blown speakers and bleeding eardrums is what you like.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you&#39;ll find we all live quite away from each other, but I&#39;m sure we can all make an effort. Keith, whatta you reckon?

Originally posted by walesrob@Oct 8 2005, 10:33 PM
    I&#39;ll happily organise a Karaoke Party but no way am I taking part unless blown speakers and bleeding eardrums is what you like.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you&#39;ll find we all live quite away from each other, but I&#39;m sure we can all make an effort. Keith, whatta you reckon?
    My hubby loves to sing on karaoke or videoke, he won&#39;t think any seconds. He would have a go. :lol: I could sing a bit as well but I&#39;m not that good, although of course I won&#39;t sing in front of many audience or I would faint&#33; unless if there&#39;s a bit of reward, oh well, it might be a miracle for me and i might have a go.

He sang some songs when he went in the PI with people next door listening to him, he had a go on that massive videoke with nude women on the screen, he says he didn&#39;t know where to put his eyes, first time you see :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Taka care now &amp; Bye!.... Venus

Originally posted by gecko_pikachu@Oct 9 2005, 10:46 AM
    My hubby loves to sing on karaoke or videoke, he won&#39;t think any seconds. He would have a go. :lol: I could sing a bit as well but I&#39;m not that good, although of course I won&#39;t sing in front of many audience or I would faint&#33; unless if there&#39;s a bit of reward, oh well, it might be a miracle for me and i might have a go.

He sang some songs when he went in the PI with people next door listening to him, he had a go on that massive videoke with nude women on the screen, he says he didn&#39;t know where to put his eyes, first time you see :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is like me a little, I am up for it, the last time I got up, was in a room full of Filipina&#39;s I sang Otso Otso by Bayani, I can also sing Si Misis word for word, although I would like to have a go at "She will be loved" by Maroon 5, they were on at the Hammersmith Apollo, 2 weeks ago, my mate William and his Girl Leah, got tickets for that gig, git, I wish it was me and Gina that had those tickets, although I think also, one of my wife&#39;s Filiina freinds, promised she would dance "Sayaw Kikay" for me to see, and the Spaghetti song by Sex Bomb Girls, that should be fun, as for Videoke, yeah ok lets get together and have a party at someones house, anybody got "Magic Sing" ? if so, lets have the party in

LONDON &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Yes....

Who is up for it ? just out of interest, Gina and I were at the Manila Supermarket, last Tuesday at around 4.30pm, in Hogarth Place, the usual number of Filipina domestic helpers and Ya Ya&#39;s were hanging around outside, but Gina was so happy to shop for all the things she needed, I had to keep going out to put money in the meter while she shopped, its easy to spot, there is also a 2nd Filipino supermarket across the road, in Hogarth road, and a Thai supermarket next to it, plus a couple of other Filipino stores, jewellery and travel, looks like a little Filipino community is catching on there.

Respected Member
    As it happens , we have magic mike but ive kept it hidden in case my wife finds it again.
    The fun we have with it though, a few beers and waahayy.

BTW.http://earth.google.com/ for you homesick girls and boys. I can pinpoint my in-laws house

Peter
    You have enemies? Good. That means you&#39;ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Administrator
    Poor Gina...getting dragged to a karaoke......does she know the pubs employ Pete to sing at closing time to empty the place? :lol: :unsure:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Originally posted by ginapeterb@Oct 10 2005, 10:05 AM
    He is like me a little, I am up for it, the last time I got up, was in a room full of Filipina&#39;s I sang Otso Otso by Bayani, I can also sing Si Misis word for word, although I would like to have a go at "She will be loved" by Maroon 5, they were on at the Hammersmith Apollo, 2 weeks ago, my mate William and his Girl Leah, got tickets for that gig, git, I wish it was me and Gina that had those tickets, although I think also, one of my wife&#39;s Filiina freinds, promised she would dance "Sayaw Kikay" for me to see, and the Spaghetti song by Sex Bomb Girls, that should be fun, as for Videoke, yeah ok lets get together and have a party at someones house, anybody got "Magic Sing" ? if so, lets have the party in

LONDON &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Yes....

Who is up for it ? just out of interest, Gina and I were at the Manila Supermarket, last Tuesday at around 4.30pm, in Hogarth Place, the usual number of Filipina domestic helpers and Ya Ya&#39;s were hanging around outside, but Gina was so happy to shop for all the things she needed, I had to keep going out to put money in the meter while she shopped, its easy to spot, there is also a 2nd Filipino supermarket across the road, in Hogarth road, and a Thai supermarket next to it, plus a couple of other Filipino stores, jewellery and travel, looks like a little Filipino community is catching on there.
    It&#39;s a shame we&#39;re far from London, it&#39;s a long way to go there. :unsure: I can&#39;t manage that journey especially with a 6mos. old baby. He&#39;d be screaming so bad before we get out B) I don&#39;t mind to travel as long as my baby DJ is big enough and I could start going to work. It&#39;s not easy to be in here all the time, it&#39;s real boring&#33; ((((sigh)))) :blink: apart that, i wanted to always travel on my own :P I used to go out a lot when I was still in the PI as I gone to university (Manila) for 7years studying. But here (in the house)? seems like everyone&#39;s very old-fashioned type. They won&#39;t put there trust on me going out on my own. :blink: I wonder why? Just asking...

Administrator
    They probably think you&#39;ll run off with the baby....but explain to them.....it&#39;s the Greeks that do that
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Exclamation

Originally posted by deepete@Oct 10 2005, 12:06 PM
    As it happens , we have magic mike but ive kept it hidden in case my wife finds it again.
    The fun we have with it though, a few beers and waahayy.

BTW.http://earth.google.com/ for you homesick girls and boys. I can pinpoint my in-laws house

Peter
    Thanks a lot for this weblink http://earth.google.com/ deepete. I got the free version the other day and my hubby&#39;s getting the Plus one. It&#39;s very informative although unfortunately, it&#39;s a shame that we&#39;re having a hard time looking for a clearer 3D picture of PI. What&#39;s happening in there? B)

Respected Member
    Its a bit fuzzy, probably need to be in military for a clearer picture. It`s not bad on big cities like Angeles considering all the polution it must be looking through. Mountainous areas look awesome. I can see the vehicles parked outside my house here in London but apparently there are some satelites that can read the number plate.

Just goes to show, big brother and all that.

BTW are you gecko or pikachu

Peter
    You have enemies? Good. That means you&#39;ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

[quote=deepete,Oct 12 2005, 08:01 PM]
    Its a bit fuzzy, probably need to be in military for a clearer picture. It`s not bad on big cities like Angeles considering all the polution it must be looking through. Mountainous areas look awesome. I can see the vehicles parked outside my house here in London but apparently there are some satelites that can read the number plate.

Just goes to show, big brother and all that.
    BTW are you gecko or pikachu

Peter

Never mind... i can&#39;t even download google earth plus from file sharing. there&#39;s something wrong with the set-up.

I&#39;m Venus ..... not gecko or pikachu haha&#33;

Administrator
    My house is a green blur on Google :( They need to get there finger out and picture some of our local sheep&#33;&#33;
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Respected Member
    Originally posted by gecko_pikachu@Oct 10 2005, 04:17 PM
    It&#39;s a shame we&#39;re far from London, it&#39;s a long way to go there. :unsure: I can&#39;t manage that journey especially with a 6mos. old baby. He&#39;d be screaming so bad before we get out B) I don&#39;t mind to travel as long as my baby DJ is big enough and I could start going to work. It&#39;s not easy to be in here all the time, it&#39;s real boring&#33; ((((sigh)))) :blink: apart that, i wanted to always travel on my own :P I used to go out a lot when I was still in the PI as I gone to university (Manila) for 7years studying. But here (in the house)? seems like everyone&#39;s very old-fashioned type. They won&#39;t put there trust on me going out on my own. :blink: I wonder why? Just asking...

Hahahahahahahhh .... hirap ano. Same here with a 7 month old baby it&#39;s qiute difficult to travel to other town specially I dont drive.

About a karaoke in London, again it&#39;s not easy with us who has baby. What if while probably enjoying singing the little baby call for BT....like the one in Little Britain comedy series........

Respected Member
    Couldnt see any sheep either, saw lots of men roaming the hills, maybe sheep running scared
    Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information