Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: TB Testing

Respected Member

TB Testing

We are confident that we have everything in place to secure my wife's Spouse Visa, all we are lacking is the last few payslips which will be complete on Jan 31.

The one banana skin would be compulsory testing (on time and cost elements) for applicants from the RP which has been mooted. I'm sure this would be yet another trip to Manila or Cebu.

Anyone have an update or do we just nervously keep checking the UKBA news page to make sure we dont slip up at the last hurdle?

Banned
    I have just read the UKBA site on this and see what you mean.

When my wife applied, we took the approach that Filipino applicants were not required to have a "TB Clearance cert" of any kind. I had read about some of the anecdotal stories on the forum where members wives had been asked for TB clearance paperwork / x rays upon arrival in the UK, but obviously in error according to the UKBAs own regulations. My idea was that if my wife was challenged I would simply refer the UKBA officer in UK immigration to their own regulations as I travelled in to Manchester with her. When we arrived in Manchester there was no mention of TB papers / xrays, so it was never an issue.

However, upon reflection, it probably would have been a safer option to have just had it done, just in case the whole thing backfired on us. And as has been pointed out here on the forum, it is no bad thing to have the docs / x rays here for the future. Reluctantly I have to agree.

Presumably your wife wouldn't have to travel to Manila to have the tests done?

Ironically, when our daughter was born at Nobles, 3 weeks ago, they gave the baby a TB jab, purely because her mother was Filipino.

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I have just read the UKBA site on this and see what you mean.

When my wife applied, we took the approach that Filipino applicants were not required to have a "TB Clearance cert" of any kind. I had read about some of the anecdotal stories on the forum where members wives had been asked for TB clearance paperwork / x rays upon arrival in the UK, but obviously in error according to the UKBAs own regulations. My idea was that if my wife was challenged I would simply refer the UKBA officer in UK immigration to their own regulations as I travelled in to Manchester with her. When we arrived in Manchester there was no mention of TB papers / xrays, so it was never an issue.

However, upon reflection, it probably would have been a safer option to have just had it done, just in case the whole thing backfired on us. And as has been pointed out here on the forum, it is no bad thing to have the docs / x rays here for the future. Reluctantly I have to agree.

Presumably your wife wouldn't have to travel to the Manila to have the tests done?

Ironically, when our daughter was born at Nobles, 3 weeks ago, they gave the baby a TB jab, purely because her mother was Filipino.
    I did not include a TB Certificate with my application. But had Chest X-ray prior to flying to the UK (in case the immigration counter will be asking for one). Manchester Airport didn't so that was a complete waste of money. But it was safer to be prepared. A month after registering with the GP, I received a letter from NHS requiring me to visit a health centre for a skin test... Luckily, it was nega... aherrrmmm.
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    when i arrived in t4 last june they didnt ask any tb certs or whatsoever from me and it was very straightforward.

if both of you wants to make sure that things will go smoothly, better secure a chest x-ray. But I am pretty sure, i stand to be corrected that some airports in britain will ask you to do x-ray in the airport if you havent got any on hand.

Banned
    We are in a similar position with the Life in the UK test. We have been expecting the UKBA to announce the new changes but it is a case of watch this space. In the meantime my wife is going with the old test material, hoping that the new material is eased in gradually over the course of time. No news can be irritating sometimes.

Respected Member
    Well still daily checking the UKBA site, India and Pakistan were added earlier this month to the compulsary testing, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Malaysia added from Dec 31. Just hopeing and praying the Philippines doesnt get added in the next 6 weeks......

Thread Information