Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: karaoke

karaoke

what are those machines called ,magic mike????? anyway where can you get them from, has anyone got one for sale or is there any other machines that are as good as or better

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    what are those machines called ,magic mike????? anyway where can you get them from, has anyone got one for sale or is there any other machines that are as good as or better
    Our one is actually called Magic Sing and we bought it in the Philippines. Not sure if you can buy them over here. Try Ebay

thats the name magic sing, thanks bigmarco, yes we saw them over there too, but they seemed to be very expensive unless i was looking at the top model

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    thats the name magic sing, thanks bigmarco, yes we saw them over there too, but they seemed to be very expensive unless i was looking at the top model
    Yep your right they are not cheap although they are good. You can also buy upto date chips every year to keep your song book upto date.
    I can be frequently heard murdering some of the classics

Definitely not cheap, and nor are the song chips
    But then again gadgets are always expensive, it's just relative to your own hobbies and interests.

Photography can also be expensive.

Magic Mic is just a trade name for karaoke microphones made by a Korean company called Enter Tech

The microphones have built in songs and video, and also use various types of separate additional chips with embedded songs and video.

The latest karaoke microphones by Enter Tech are branded under the trade name of Magic Sing.

There are lots of cheaper versions, but Enter Tech models and chips are good quality and with good sound. There's also a much larger selection of additional song chips available.

Just as a taster take a look at WoW Magic Mic

and here at Amazon

We have one wired Magic Mic and a Magic Sing base unit with 2 wireless mics.

We love karaoke

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Definitely not cheap, and nor are the song chips
    But then again gadgets are always expensive, it's just relative to your own hobbies and interests.

Photography can also be expensive.

Magic Mic is just a trade name for karaoke microphones made by a Korean company called Enter Tech

The microphones have built in songs and video, and also use various types of separate additional chips with embedded songs and video.

The latest karaoke microphones by Enter Tech are branded under the trade name of Magic Sing.

There are lots of cheaper versions, but Enter Tech models and chips are good quality and with good sound. There's also a much larger selection of additional song chips available.

Just as a taster take a look at WoW Magic Mic

and here at Amazon

We have one wired Magic Mic and a Magic Sing base unit with 2 wireless mics.

We love karaoke
    Yep we have the base unit with the 2 wireless mics.
    I wish they would actually make a MAGIC mic that made me sound like Elvis or Sinatra.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow! you've started something now, my Maritess has been on about Magic Sing for two years, she knows we can buy one in the UK, almost 400 quid I've got to spend now! It really hurts!

ok Ł400 but surely there is cheaper that sounds just as well, sorry but i am mr kuripot

http://kat.ph/search/karaoke%20music/

Download the karaoke songs.. Put them on a USB memory stick..Plug it into your DVD or TV USB port,buy a microphone..Bobs yer uncle,Fannies your aunt...Your very own high quality "Mr Kuriputs" Karaoke machine..

Just close your windows and doors first.... There are karaoke vigilantes out there...and Im one of em!!!!

I just saved you 400 Quid Steve.. Im sure my rep will be here anytime now!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Wow! you've started something now, my Maritess has been on about Magic Sing for two years, she knows we can buy one in the UK, almost 400 quid I've got to spend now! It really hurts!
    It's good fun Michael especially when the friends come around

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    .....Download the karaoke songs.. Put them on a USB memory stick..Plug it into your DVD or TV USB port,buy a microphone..Bobs yer uncle,Fannies your aunt...Your very own high quality "Mr Kuriputs" Karaoke machine..
    No offence there fred, but I don't think those karaoke CDG varieties quite cut the mustard when compared to even the poorest videoke.

But.... here's something well worth the trouble and great for 'Mr Kuripots"

On my last visit to Philippines I was browsing the many electronic shops and came accross the Midi-karaoke DVD player. I was intrigued and asked the salesman to explain.

These machines play DVD’s with Midi-Karaoke plus, as a bonus, will play virtually all variants of DVD’s & CD’s, and some include Blu-ray, plus they have USB input which also plays video and downloaded karaoke. They come with remote control, song book and one mic (though not a good quality mic!)
    Additionally you have a choice of 5 different video backgrounds which can be switched from the remote at any time.
    The biggest attraction (for me) was that the included DVD that came with the unit contained 79,000 songs and 500 MTV videos!! All the very latest songs and MTV were included.
    Eventually I asked him how much.

When he told me the whole package was P1200 I just went straight ahead ahead a got it.

Yep it's a little cheap looking, with loads of lights etc... BUT !
    Your wife will love it forever if you buy her one.

The machine I got had the name MASS on it.
    The model is M-8510. No info as to who makes or where!
    It is just a Digital DVD player & Midi-Karaoke and has 2 mic inputs and USB.
    Has score karaoke, background scene selection Dolby Digital etc.
    Plays just about any CD/DVD with auto NTSC/PAL selection.
    Although the sales guy said it plays Blu-Ray I've never tried (I don’t have any)
    Power input is 90v-240v 50Hz/60Hz
    Weight is 2.6kg. Dimensions 463mmx90mmx274mm

I could easily bring it back to uk in my suitcase or hand carry.

Should be easy and cheap to ship direct from Philippines with virtually no concerns about tax or duty since the price is so very low and can be declared as a gift.

They work great and the inherrent audio and video quality is digital, so says it all.
    The included mic is the weakest link. But hey.

Well worth reviewing.

PS: DVD's are updated with new songs on a regular basis and it only costs around P600 for a new updated DVD with latestest songs added.

Respected Member
    My wife has the Magic Sing and yes even in the Phillipines it was Ł300 (Christmas present) but we've had much more out of it at all the fiestas and birthdays. Then can be pricey to rent.

Just need to persuade her it has a greater value staying with her family than ruining the peace and quiet of our new neighbourhood. Not that she cant sing of course!

No offence there fred, but I don't think those karaoke CDG varieties quite cut the mustard when compared to even the poorest videoke.

But.... here's something well worth the trouble and great for 'Mr Kuripots"

On my last visit to Philippines I was browsing the many electronic shops and came accross the Midi-karaoke DVD player. I was intrigued and asked the salesman to explain.

These machines play DVD’s with Midi-Karaoke plus, as a bonus, will play virtually all variants of DVD’s & CD’s, and some include Blu-ray, plus they have USB input which also plays video and downloaded karaoke. They come with remote control, song book and one mic (though not a good quality mic!)
    Additionally you have a choice of 5 different video backgrounds which can be switched from the remote at any time.
    The biggest attraction (for me) was that the included DVD that came with the unit contained 79,000 songs and 500 MTV videos!! All the very latest songs and MTV were included.
    Eventually I asked him how much.

When he told me the whole package was P1200 I just went straight ahead ahead a got it.

Yep it's a little cheap looking, with loads of lights etc... BUT !
    Your wife will love it forever if you buy her one.

The machine I got had the name MASS on it.
    The model is M-8510. No info as to who makes or where!
    It is just a Digital DVD player & Midi-Karaoke and has 2 mic inputs and USB.
    Has score karaoke, background scene selection Dolby Digital etc.
    Plays just about any CD/DVD with auto NTSC/PAL selection.
    Although the sales guy said it plays Blu-Ray I've never tried (I don’t have any)
    Power input is 90v-240v 50Hz/60Hz
    Weight is 2.6kg. Dimensions 463mmx90mmx274mm

I could easily bring it back to uk in my suitcase or hand carry.

Should be easy and cheap to ship direct from Philippines with virtually no concerns about tax or duty since the price is so very low and can be declared as a gift.

They work great and the inherrent audio and video quality is digital, so says it all.
    The included mic is the weakest link. But hey.

Well worth reviewing.

PS: DVD's are updated with new songs on a regular basis and it only costs around P600 for a new updated DVD with latestest songs added.
    wow sounds great and for only 1200 peso, whos going over there and can bring one back, DOC ALAN where are you

I suppose I wont know unless I download a few.. I`ll do it whilst the Mrs is shopping..Hopefully I can delete them after I judge the quality and before she returns!!
    We usually do Karaoke once every 3 months after a few drinks at my mates bar.. When the tone deaf Filipino drunks arrive we depart!! Actually I dont think its easy to get a permit for one these days without a sound proof room.
    Why do these Karaoke tunes always have the same crap organist? Cant they use other instruments or something resembling the original sound track?
    Like this..

Trusted Member
    That sounds amazing....just in time to help me train up for next years X factor !

Hey....I'm not proud.

Anyone know the answer to my last question?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I would be cheaper for me to buy you one from here for 75 quid and send it to ya lol

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    That sounds amazing....just in time to help me train up for next years X factor !

Hey....I'm not proud.

your right it was bad hahaha

Trusted Member
    I don't care !

Sincere apologies Jamie
    But I somehow managed to delete your post as I was trying to reply.

Anyway, here goes for the second time:-

....Which store in the Phils did you buy this Terpe?
    Can't remember the name Jamie, but these M/C's are widely available in nearly all electronics shops.

Sincere apologies Jamie
    But I somehow managed to delete your post as I was trying to reply.

Anyway, here goes for the second time:-

Can't remember the name Jamie, but these M/C's are widely available in nearly all electronics shops.
    Thanks Terpe

Thread Information