Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) SEXYmiyaka69's Avatar

Lightbulb hi im new to this forum, i need help!

hi greetingS!

Hey guys juz recently signed up n here, im seeking prompt advice, i hope one of u can help me sort this out! want to raise d flag to those who are very knowledgeable and can give me d efficient tips bout what to do wid regards to visa and civil partnerships! im 25 and my fiancee is 40+, hes a local here, and im here in UK as tourist visa(6month),i arrived here last sept, running my 2nd month here and planning to get married in a registrars office, what should i do? do i have to go back to Philippines? do i have to contact UK border agency about this? what documents should i secure? and how many years do i have to stay before i can get my british citizenship! should i stay here in UK and cant go back to d Philippines to reached d PR status? need adequate advice! thanks!

Yours Truly
    whoelse?
    miyaka

Quote Originally Posted by SEXYmiyaka69 View Post
    hi greetingS!

Hey guys juz recently signed up n here, im seeking prompt advice, i hope one of u can help me sort this out! want to raise d flag to those who are very knowledgeable and can give me d efficient tips bout what to do wid regards to visa and civil partnerships! im 25 and my fiancee is 40+, hes a local here, and im here in UK as tourist visa(6month),i arrived here last sept, running my 2nd month here and planning to get married in a registrars office, what should i do? do i have to go back to Philippines? do i have to contact UK border agency about this? what documents should i secure? and how many years do i have to stay before i can get my british citizenship! should i stay here in UK and cant go back to d Philippines to reached d PR status? need adequate advice! thanks!

Yours Truly
    whoelse?
    miyaka
    There are so many things to sort out before you can marry/civil partnership with you partner. You have given us too little information to give an adequate answer. How long have you been with your partner? can you prove you have a long standing relationship. Judging by what you say it appears you are just looking to become a UK citizen.
    Look at the UKBA website, there are many pages of information about spouse/partnership realationships and visa routes.

DO NOT overstay here in the Uk or that will not help you.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

if you are here on a tourist visa and not a marriage visit visa then,,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi.../requirements/

You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
    do a course of study;
    marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
    carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
    receive private medical treatment.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

As others have said, you cannot get married or form a civil partnership under the conditions of a tourist visa.
    You could not legally remain after visa expiry and could not secure any visa to remain.
    You must return home and file an application for a settlement category visa.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    hi greetingS!

Yours Truly
    whoelse?
    miyaka
    i agree to the statements above. if you are in the uk for a tourist visa then you cant enter any civil partnership or get married to someone settled in the uk. you need to go back to the phlippines and apply for a settlement visa.

when i was a tourist visa last year i was advised not to go home and get married right away but we chose not to break any laws. its nice to be legal, hard to do but worth doing in the end.

SEXYmiyaka69

Hi Sexy!! Love your name BTW!!
    Welcome to the forum!

actually im on an ENTERTAINER VISA guys not TOURIST to clarify things up,and its good for 6months, weve known each other for a year thru a dating site, we maintain as friends and continue the communication, but we just met personally last septmber, i moved to his apartment around 1st week of october, we didnt expect that we find ourselves fell in love with each other, so do i still need to go back to philppines for settlement VISA? or wat should i do? A lot of my filipino frends here advise me to marry him, since he ask for my hand to marry him last october 1st week so that i dont have to go back to philppines , our purpose also is to expedite and achieve my UK citizenship too, because he doesnt want me to go back to the philippines!

Refer to posts #3 and #4

actually im on an ENTERTAINER VISA guys not TOURIST to clarify things up,and its good for 6months, weve known each other for a year thru a dating site, we maintain as friends and continue the communication, but we just met personally last septmber, i moved to his apartment around 1st week of october, we didnt expect that we find ourselves fell in love with each other, so do i still need to go back to philppines for settlement VISA? or wat should i do? A lot of my filipino frends here advise me to marry him, since he ask for my hand to marry him last october 1st week so that i dont have to go back to philppines , our purpose also is to expedite and achieve my UK citizenship too, because he doesnt want me to go back to the philippines!
    There are quite a number of different categories of Visit Visa.
    Tourist Visa/Family Visa/Sports Visa/Business Visa etc.

Your visa is just one of the different visit categories. However, they all have similar conditions and restrictions.
    These condtions include 6 months maximum stay, no employment, no study and importantly no marriage or civil partnership.

We can only provide you with advice that not only complies with the law but which also gives you the best option.
    There are absolutely no circumstances that would allow you to remain legally in UK beyond your visa validity.
    At some point you will have to return to Philippines and submit an application for a settlement type visa fully compliant with all the current requirements. Period.

thanks for all d advice guys, i really appreciate them! theyre relief 4 us!!! what if ill apply for entrepreneur or business visa which is good for 2-3yrs while im here? can we do that too? and then after that visa will proceed to civil partnership? is that possible?

Respected Member
    what exactly is an entertainer visa if doesnt allow work?

thanks for all d advice guys, i really appreciate them! theyre relief 4 us!!! what if ill apply for entrepreneur or business visa which is good for 2-3yrs while im here? can we do that too? and then after that visa will proceed to civil partnership? is that possible?
    With those visa's you mention, you're now entering the world of visa's categorised as 'High-value migrants'
    Check out the details here

There is only one visa guaranteed to do what you'd like to do in this category.
    It's called a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. Look here for details

The only criteria is your ability to invest £1,000,000 in the UK.

When money talks people listen.

Trusted Member
    I somehow think the OP isn't listening or reading.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    When my wife and I were visiting VFS in Manila there was a woman there applying for an Entertainer's Visa to the UK. She was working on a TV program called Banana Split or something.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I somehow think the OP isn't listening or reading.
    troll maybe

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    If you're really interested in which activities are allowed and which activities are not allowed you can review the UKBA webpage that explains whether a person can visit UK as an Entertainer Visitor.

For those folks who want to come to the UK as a visitor to do short-term, fee-paid activity they can apply for a visa as a Permitted Paid Engagement visitor.

Greetings!

hi greetingS!

Yours Truly
    whoelse?
    miyaka
    Hello there, i just read your concern regarding marriage here in the UK, if you're in a tourist visa right now im afraid that you need to go back to the PHI to apply for another visa which is the fiance visa (if you're planning to get married here in the UK, or a spousal visa if you want to get married in the PHI) you can't apply any other visas if you are under a tourist visa, I'm sorry but they will ask you to go back in the PHI to apply for another visa :(

Thread Information