Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) kingy's Avatar

I just received my spouse visa today after almost 3mos!!!

hello everyone!

after waiting for almost 3mos (submitted my visa app aug 2, 2012) I now (Oct 25, 2012) received my visa via courier!!!! I and my husband Brian were so chuffed!!! we got tensed though last 2nd week of October, coz British Embassy asked me for supporting documents of my husband's employment details such as annual salary, job description etc...for a strict 5 working days!!!! Fortunately we managed to submit it first thing Monday...we were praying hard for it coz we were under the new rules and we have to start all over again with papers...but now I got it! Thanks for the answered prayers by our Almighty, with the help of Poong Nazareno, Saint Pio, and San Pedro Calungsod!!!

By the way, i dont know what will I call my visa, im confused with the ILR, FLR thingy, but my visa says SPOUSE/CP visa; of (insert name of my hubby) and it will expire on 2015. Any enlightenment for those who are knowledgable on this one!?

you have a settlement visa which is valid for 33months, then b4 it expires you need to extend it with FLR(M) which will be for a further 30 months, so after 60 months (5yrs) in the UK you can apply for ILR.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations!

FLR(M)'s currently take 3-8 months ... unless you pay the £300 additional 'tax' to have it done the same day, which isn't actually true as most of those now take a week
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Newbie (Restricted Access) kingy's Avatar
    hmmm thanks alot! I appreciate the info... now i know!

What about the CFO? is it really required? I went to their website, I think I should, but its too far! Im in quezon City and the office is Quirino hiway...and how long it will take me to get the cert and sticker? im planning to leave soon as i can! help!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    FLR(M)'s currently take 3-8 months ...
    so it means i may not receive my FLR(M) next month or worst in december?! .. i think i'm gonna cry now ..
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Quote Originally Posted by kingy View Post
    hello everyone!

after waiting for almost 3mos (submitted my visa app aug 2, 2012) I now (Oct 25, 2012) received my visa via courier!!!! I and my husband Brian were so chuffed!!! we got tensed though last 2nd week of October, coz British Embassy asked me for supporting documents of my husband's employment details such as annual salary, job description etc...for a strict 5 working days!!!! Fortunately we managed to submit it first thing Monday...we were praying hard for it coz we were under the new rules and we have to start all over again with papers...but now I got it! Thanks for the answered prayers by our Almighty, with the help of Poong Nazareno, Saint Pio, and San Pedro Calungsod!!!

By the way, i dont know what will I call my visa, im confused with the ILR, FLR thingy, but my visa says SPOUSE/CP visa; of (insert name of my hubby) and it will expire on 2015. Any enlightenment for those who are knowledgable on this one!?

congrats to you both.
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

What about the CFO? is it really required? I went to their website, I think I should, but its too far! Im in quezon City and the office is Quirino hiway...and how long it will take me to get the cert and sticker? im planning to leave soon as i can! help!
    You need the CFO, but it's easy and quick to get
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Congratulations

Respected Member

Yep, you need it. Dunno know if it would be convenient from where you are in QC but you could just jump on the MTR to Taft and then change there for the LRT to Quirino station. Their offices are right next to the station. It'll take maybe 40 minutes, even from North Avenue.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

You need to attend CFO guidance counselling before getting a CFO sticker. You will need that before leaving the country as spouse, fiancee or partner of a foreign national. As far as I know SMEF-COW is already closed so I think you need to go to the CFO main office in Quirino Avenue.

Follow this lik for more infos.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...140&Itemid=843

Congratulations

Newbie (Restricted Access) Mr.P's Avatar
    Kingy..Congratulations!

My wife has also heard from fco.gov.uk that her visa will be dispatched shortly. Did you get an email from them?

We filed the application on the 28th August...and only today she received this email.

Just to let you know we was not asked for any extra supporting documents once we filed our application. We were very meticulous in our preparation.

Once again congratulations!

hello everyone!

How exciting!!!

Very well done and many congratulations to you both.

It's certainly good to see that the ECO's are now applying some of the principles of good customer service by giving the opportunity to submit missing data/documents.
    I noticed this on quite a few occasions now.

Congratulations to both of You!!!!!! Im encouraging by Your post,because my wife apllied on 9 august 2012 and ECO us ask for letter from my employer-similar as Yours.We sent that documents and now waiting for decision about our visa.Once again congratulation!!!!!!!!!

That's great, congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Kingy..Congratulations!

My wife has also heard from fco.gov.uk that her visa will be dispatched shortly. Did you get an email from them?

We filed the application on the 28th August...and only today she received this email.

Just to let you know we was not asked for any extra supporting documents once we filed our application. We were very meticulous in our preparation.

Once again congratulations!
    Never got an email mate just a text saying the processed visa was on its way by courier. Only took 24 hours after that so hope all goes well

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    How exciting!!!

Very well done and many congratulations to you both.

It's certainly good to see that the ECO's are now applying some of the principles of good customer service by giving the opportunity to submit missing data/documents.
    I noticed this on quite a few occasions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1971 View Post
    Congratulations to both of You!!!!!! Im encouraging by Your post,because my wife apllied on 9 august 2012 and ECO us ask for letter from my employer-similar as Yours.We sent that documents and now waiting for decision about our visa.Once again congratulation!!!!!!!!!
    We had already given all the information but just got my bosses to resend it all making it really blindly obvious to anybody, pointing out the information they were asking for again!!!! You do wonder who they have looking over these apllicationsand how easy it is for them to overlook obvious stuff and decline an application as weve seen here to some really unlucky people

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    so it means i may not receive my FLR(M) next month or worst in december?! .. i think i'm gonna cry now ..
    We understand the wait is awful along with many here who have and are going through this at the moment. But remain positive and pray...pray lots

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Woow Congrats!!
    good to read that UKBA is doing their jobs asking for supporting documents some people dont have the same treatment.....some are rejected for minimal reasons.
    happy days ahead!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    congratulations

COngratulations to you BOTH!

yes, you will need the CFO sticker for your passport.
    I also lived in QC before, and Quirino highway for me was 'bit far- so I did processed my CFO @ Good Shepherd Convent (Katipunan ave./Aurora Blvd.)

Congratulations it is encouraging to see that the Eco's are applying some common sense

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Respected Member
    Kingy Is it possible you could explain in more detail why you were asked by the eco for further details regarding employment etc. Was the letter from your sponsors employer not sufficient? I ask because it could be relevant to my case.

Ta

Sheldon

Hi Kingy Maybe my information will help You.My wife applied for visa on 9 of august 2012,we recived email from embassy on 10 of october,they ask us for letter from my employer in UK,we did submit letter from my employer with our application,but my letter didnt have information about my salary,it said how long Im working for them and that Im on full time basis.Embassy ask for other letter but this time with more information which I get and I send them on 16 october,we recived confirmation email that they recived my letter through DHL courier.Today(29 october 2012) my wife recived email from embassy saying:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

We do hope that is good news :-) Tkae care Yourself,I hope ypour application will be succesful,Im happy to help You if its possible.

Andrew, if the read the post you will see kingy has already received her visa.

Respected Member
    I wonder Andrew if you are working in the Security Industry? My letter gives, my hourly rate, and hours i work each week. I am permanent member of staff. Length of employment and i work overtime etc. But does not mention my annual salary. This is because the Security Industry is up and down. I am apparently on a o hours contract. (not sure what that actually means) I do meet the financial requirement though. But can't get my Employer to say anymore. They do mention that any further information required please contact the HR Dept. I just wondered if any other members had got something similar? This is beyond anything i can do really. Its very clear by my payslips and bank statements that i earn over £20.250 a year. I hope my application goes ok in January.

Sheldon

Hi Terpe
    I make mistake,because should adress my message to Sheldon1 instead kingy..huhuhu...maybe that cold weather slow down my thinking
    Thank You that You spot my mistake Terpe

Hello Sheldon1
    Im working as a bus driver.When I first time ask for letter from my work,I ask lady in office for letter which will include all details about my work-salary,when I start,is it full time or half,etc,etc...but lady in my work said that She often write letter for others workers for emigration and they never have problem with it,so She wrote letter,but didnt include my salary,only when I start and that Im working full time.I submit that letter when we apllied for visa on 9 august.Then we recived email that ECO-Entry Clearance Officer want letter with all details,so I went back to lady in office and show Her email from ECO.She was surprised that they want all this details...anyway it took few days for me to get that letter,because it need to be from headoffice,not from my garage where I work.So I get it and fax it and send by DHL,but I was worry if it will reach Manila on time,because ECO give us 10 days to produce that letter.
    When we apply for visa for my wife we include all my payslips for 6 moths,P60 for two years and bank statments for about 8 months-all orginal and copy of work contract and that first letter from my work which ECO didnt accepted.
    My P60 was showing over 29,000 pounds before tax,so we put that number in appendix two as my salary,but on my second letter from my work it was about 24,000 pounds(they said that this my BASIC salary)...so as You see,its different.
    Im sorry for my language,but english is not my first language,I hope that I help You little bit and maybe others will benefit from my message too
    Take care.

Respected Member
    Thank you very very much

hello everyone!

congratulations ...

Thread Information