Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Appendix 2 Financial requirements

My wife and I are planning to settle in the UK in 2013. We have been married 6 years and currently live here in the Phil I am a UK citizen. I downloaded the application and financial requirements appendix 2 to get an idea of what information is required. The appendix 2 is somewhat ambiguous especially with regards to 1.6 through 1.8. I know it's probably one size fits all but when you are living together how do you answer without appearing flippant? 1.6 How often do you meet? answer we live together? and so on. Anybody gone through same circumstance and what did you answer?

Respected Member
    Sort of in the same boat as we lived together for 4 years but I am back in the IoM now. We are applying early next year but we intend to put something to direct the ECO to the additional information page and explain fully rather than squeeze something in the small box.

Also what date did you first arrive in the UK surely is my birthdate?

Yes, the form is a poor design.
    It's one-size-fits-all concept does create confusing questions.
    Best strategy is to answer as concisely as possible based on the guide at the end of the form.

So for Q1.6
    Daily. Living Together

Q1.8
    Daily. Living Together

Good luck

Still here in Mindanao Cabadbaran City. Planning to move to the UK end of March o early April 2013.

Thanks Terpe for the appropriate answers.

Quote Originally Posted by oakwell View Post
    Still here in Mindanao Cabadbaran City. Planning to move to the UK end of March o early April 2013.
    Do you have adequate employment already lined up?

If you're unsure of the detailed requirements it would be worth reviewing the thread here All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Do you have adequate employment already lined up?

If you're unsure of the detailed requirements it would be worth reviewing the thread here All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa
    I did read the new guide and very helpful it is thanks. I have also red many posts from other visa applicants to get a feel of the ups and downs of applying. This site is very much like the one for the US. I am just retired from working and fortunately my retirement income is more than the 18,600 threshold. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. How the govt can set a minimum income requirement of 18,600 is beyond reason (other than election promise), when more than 40% of families in Britain make less than that. The visa fee is outrageous too "GULP"!! Just have to ante up, no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by oakwell View Post
    ....I am just retired from working and fortunately my retirement income is more than the 18,600 threshold....
    That's great
    Just wondered if all was OK.

Yes, I feel these new immigration rules are completely unfair.

The immigration journey for our loved ones has always been outrageously expensive, but yes the now 5 year journey will be 'gulping' so

thats reality for most people, but some well off people who are in the lords have a different opinion

Baroness Browning (Conservative) followed and brought up the issue of regional variations in salaries, she said: ‘In London, the average salary is £33,000 a year, which is not typical perhaps because of the nature of London. I went up to Aberdeen and found it was £33,000 - no different from London. In Bristol, in the south-west, the average was £27,900. I will not read them all out to the House but I did not find any figures in the average city salaries below the £18,600, or anywhere near it, that would sustain a family with two children.’

http://www.parliament.uk/business/ne...gration-rules/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information