Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Lightbulb Making Complaints About Visa Decisions

I just want to share what we have done to caught the attention of the ECM for a review of our Fiancee Visa Application which was refused at first attemp.

We STUPIDLY selected a wrong category in the application form which leads to the refusal of my fiancee visa. Due to the strong influence of Sir Terpe, Sir Arthur and the rest of the moderators and members telling me to get a refund, we decided to compose a very detailed email stating we inadvertently selected "Unmarried Partner" in the settlement visa category instead of Marriage.

We then point out the facts that we have provided documents that proves we are engaged, I am his fiance, the relationship is genuine and how disappointed we are that despite having our contact details we was never contacted to clear up the error.

After 5 days of wait the ever famous Ms B Pastolero replied and this was her response:

Dear Mr melovesengland,

Manila Ref: xxxxxx

Thank you for your email of 26 May concerning the visa application of Ms melovesengland.

Please note that due to the Data Protection Act, we can only discuss personal details with individual visa applicants or their authorised representative.

We have already sent an email to the applicant yesterday, 30 May.

Yours sincerely

Ms B Pastolero

..and I received a passport request from them:

Dear Ms melovesengland

Please be informed that the decision to refuse your application for entry clearance has been reviewed by an Entry Clearance Manager and has been overturned. Please submit your passport so that an Entry Clearance Officer can consider your application further.

Please send your passport, via courier, to the Embassy within 2 weeks from the date of this letter to the following address:

ST Team (MNL/xxxxxx)
    Visa Services
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE A PRE-PAID COURIER RETURN ENVELOPE. You can use the following courier companies: LBC/Aboitiz 2GO/JRS Express/DHL Express/Air 21.

Failure to do so will result in your original documents and passport not being returned.

NOTE: We can only accept passports that have been forwarded through a courier.

Yours sincerely

D Odarve

Sent the passport using LBC and after a week I received an email that my visa will be despatched shorty. The next day, I was so nervous, I was sweating like a pig opening the parcel and finally found my visa on my passport.

We didnt expect how quick the response was, we were just trying our luck for a refund or for them to have a little review of the application and it did went well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...?langname=null

This is the UKBA page where I got the email address that we used to send a reconsideration/review/visa fee refund email to the embassy. READ CAREFULLY and think if your refused application needs to be reconsidered before making a move.

Thank you to the moderators, members and to those people who helped me out and YOU know who you are!

Thanks very much!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    It also almost happened to me last year... I selected SETTLEMENT - CIVIL PARTNERSHIP Category in the online application form. Luckily, I booked for a VIP Premium Service at VFS so the personnel who assisted me and reviewed my application form told me that it should be SETTLEMENT-MARRIAGE. So I went to a nearby internet cafe and filled up another online application...

Congratulations anyway.. Welcome to England soon..!
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    It also almost happened to me last year... I selected SETTLEMENT - CIVIL PARTNERSHIP Category in the online application form. Luckily, I booked for a VIP Premium Service at VFS so the personnel who assisted me and reviewed my application form told me that it should be SETTLEMENT-MARRIAGE. So I went to a nearby internet cafe and filled up another online application...

We also used VIP but the staff who catered us didnt carefully looked on our application form. I am already here in England, my second time around.

Congratulations on your overturned decision )

I am currently waiting on my decision and am worried about the outcome. Could you tell me, in the case of a refusal, where can we find the email details of the ECM ?

Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    We also used VIP but the staff who catered us didnt carefully looked on our application form. I am already here in England, my second time around.
    Sometimes, it depends upon the staff... Some are too particular in the application form.. Some on other documents... And I used an outdated form for my FLR(M) application too.. Hope it would't create trouble...

Awww..welcome back to England then...

Quote Originally Posted by DanandClavs View Post

I am currently waiting on my decision and am worried about the outcome. Could you tell me, in the case of a refusal, where can we find the email details of the ECM ?
    I have provided the link where you can get the email for you to request a review in case you got refused and think ur application was mishandled. I was very happy, I hope you get good news soon.

Sometimes, it depends upon the staff... Some are too particular in the application form.. Some on other documents... And I used an outdated form for my FLR(M) application too.. Hope it would't create trouble...

Awww..welcome back to England then...
    It shouldn't be like that. They should've check every detail before taking the docs from us. But never mind.hehehe

Thanks.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

That's exactly the same thing that happened to me when I submitted my application last year..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

So you have, Sorry, thanks and again Congratulations

So you have, Sorry, thanks and again Congratulations
    Thats alright! I hope I have helped you a little bit.

Hi DanandClavs! If i may ask when did u submit your application? I am also waiting for the result of my application i submitted on the 28th of august.

It shouldn't be like that. They should've check every detail before taking the docs from us. But never mind.hehehe

Thanks.
    The most important thing is: YOU ARE HERE...
    And the wedding bells are soon to ring...
    Or has it rung?

Thanks.
    See the reply Big Marco received in response to his email to the Ambassador ... worth noting!

The most important thing is: YOU ARE HERE...
    And the wedding bells are soon to ring...
    Or has it rung?
    Fair enough!

Soon will ring. Very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    See the reply Big Marco received in response to his email to the Ambassador ... worth noting!
    I guess we cant really avoid people who dont have any INITIATIVE. Atleast now, BIG MARCO can start preparing for a PARTY2x!!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    That's exactly the same thing that happened to me when I submitted my application last year..
    Yes Rayna.. I am pretty much messed up with the thought that WHEN YOU HAVE THE MARRIAGE IN THE MAYOR'S OFFICE in the Philippines, it is called CIVIL WEDDING... And so, since there was no option like SETTLEMENT-FIANCE(e), I chose SETTLEMENT-CIVIL PARTNERSHIP...

But the very efficient staff saw it right away.

Fair enough!

Soon will ring. Very soon.
    I'm getting married in the morning...
    Ding dong, the bells are ringing....
    (I can't remember what's next)..

Our guests from the Rehearsal Dinner sang this all night..
    Everybody was drunk...

So I am going to sing it to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.P View Post
    Hi DanandClavs! If i may ask when did u submit your application? I am also waiting for the result of my application i submitted on the 28th of august.
    Hi Mrs P.

We submitted our application on July 19th 2012. We received this response... "Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub" on Tuesday 11th September.

Our application was "deferred" for 5 days though while they requested additional documentation.

I'm guessing you may stilll have a bit of a wait...

(I can't remember what's next)..

Our guests from the Rehearsal Dinner sang this all night..
    Everybody was drunk...

So I am going to sing it to you...

ohh is it? Thanks for singing! I appreciate it. Yeah, bells will soon ring. very, very soon now!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I just want to share what we have done to caught the attention of the ECM for a review of our Fiancee Visa Application which was refused at first attemp.

We STUPIDLY selected a wrong category in the application form which leads to the refusal of my fiancee visa. Due to the strong influence of Sir Terpe, Sir Arthur and the rest of the moderators and members telling me to get a refund, we decided to compose a very detailed email stating we inadvertently selected "Unmarried Partner" in the settlement visa category instead of Marriage.

We then point out the facts that we have provided documents that proves we are engaged, I am his fiance, the relationship is genuine and how disappointed we are that despite having our contact details we was never contacted to clear up the error.

After 5 days of wait the ever famous Ms B Pastolero replied and this was her response:

Dear Mr melovesengland,

Thank you for your email of 26 May concerning the visa application of Ms melovesengland.

Please note that due to the Data Protection Act, we can only discuss personal details with individual visa applicants or their authorised representative.

We have already sent an email to the applicant yesterday, 30 May.

Yours sincerely

Ms B Pastolero

..and I received a passport request from them:

Dear Ms melovesengland

Please be informed that the decision to refuse your application for entry clearance has been reviewed by an Entry Clearance Manager and has been overturned. Please submit your passport so that an Entry Clearance Officer can consider your application further.

Please send your passport, via courier, to the Embassy within 2 weeks from the date of this letter to the following address:

ST Team (MNL/xxxxxx)
    Visa Services
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE A PRE-PAID COURIER RETURN ENVELOPE. You can use the following courier companies: LBC/Aboitiz 2GO/JRS Express/DHL Express/Air 21.

Failure to do so will result in your original documents and passport not being returned.

NOTE: We can only accept passports that have been forwarded through a courier.

Yours sincerely

D Odarve

Sent the passport using LBC and after a week I received an email that my visa will be despatched shorty. The next day, I was so nervous, I was sweating like a pig opening the parcel and finally found my visa on my passport.

We didnt expect how quick the response was, we were just trying our luck for a refund or for them to have a little review of the application and it did went well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...?langname=null

This is the UKBA page where I got the email address that we used to send a reconsideration/review/visa fee refund email to the embassy. READ CAREFULLY and think if your refused application needs to be reconsidered before making a move.

Thank you to the moderators, members and to those people who helped me out and YOU know who you are!

Thanks very much!
    Hello there melovesengland, is it possible that you help me with the complaint letter you drafted to the embassy?

Quote Originally Posted by gkt View Post
    Hello there melovesengland, is it possible that you help me with the complaint letter you drafted to the embassy?
    we only stated the fact that we have provided documents that proves that we are not in a same sex partnership and point out that despite of the details, informations and contacts we provided they didnt clarify by ringing us before refusing the application. thats all we did.

Thread Information