Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Spouse Visa Advice

Hi Everybody. Me and my new wife got married last month. Last week we sent her application for the spouse visa. We have been checking everyday but they have not taken our money and we assume therefore not started our application.

Does anybody on here know somebody or a department we can contact to enquire about our application. We sent this recorded delivery and have seen the notification that it was signed for the day after we posted but were quite concerned they havent taken our money yet nor have they contacted us to say that they have received it.

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks.

Bianca & Darren.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by readingram View Post
    Hi Everybody. Me and my new wife got married last month. Last week we sent her application for the spouse visa. We have been checking everyday but they have not taken our money and we assume therefore not started our application.

Does anybody on here know somebody or a department we can contact to enquire about our application. We sent this recorded delivery and have seen the notification that it was signed for the day after we posted but were quite concerned they havent taken our money yet nor have they contacted us to say that they have received it.

Any info would be greatly received.

Thanks.

Bianca & Darren.
    Where did your wife submit her Spouse Visa application? My understanding is that in Manila the visa fee has to be prepaid, before the application.

How did you make the payment?

Or are you talking about FLR here in the UK? Did you marry in the Philippines or UK?

On the basis u applied in the uk for FLR then u will have a long wait as the next step is that they will ask for your wifes biometrics which can be done at some post offices, then be prepared to wait for 6 months before you get what u are asking for, we applied in April and are still waiting.

Yes, as others have said, you need to be specific about the category of visa applied for, and the country of application.

The various application and payment processess are very different.

Try to contact UKBA and determine your status

Hi everybody, thanks for the reply. We applied here in the UK, We applied using the FLR(m).

Hi everybody, thanks for the reply. We applied here in the UK, We applied using the FLR(m).
    Just want to clarify things first, I belive your wife now granted a Fiancee Visa (Marriage Visa) and now applying for FLR(M) which is Further Leave to Remain. Am I right perhaps?
    I'm sorry but I can't help you with this at the moment since I am just about to apply for my FLR too but then I'm eager to know who to contact with in case it also happened to us. Let's just wait for the experts and some members here share their own knowledge and experiences

The payment is usually taken pretty fast.
    If it still has not gone through your bank by now I suggest you make enquiries.

Did you inform your bank that a significant payment from UKBA would be going through and that they should allow it?
    Did you send your application by recorded or registered post?
    Can it be tracked as delivered?
    Depending on the answers of the above you may want to contact UKBA to secure written confirmation of your application status.

Good luck

Thread Information