Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well we're not without fault as I previously said.
    But I've yet to see children running about with no shoes on their feet.
    Every single child is entitled to be educated free of charge.
    Every citizen is entitled to free health care.
    Of course should after you have qualified to be here fall on hard times we have a welfare system that I can assure you is the envy of all our neighbours in Europe if not the entire World.
    Uk not my 1st choice for a holiday destination but my 1st choice as home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I agree reputation sent aswell Michael and Gwapito.
    To some the grass is always greener on the other side. This country is not without fault but I still love the place and am proud to call it home. We have much to be proud of and celebrate.
    Unfortunately I have no experience of Redditch and will leave to our members from that area. However I have friends in Brighton and my brother used to live there. I have many happy memories of Brighton going back to my childhood and still look forward to going there during the summer months. I feel it would be a lovely place to live.
    Good luck to you MHY in whatever choice you make
    Both places are nice... For me Brighton ( one of my uncles had a guest house there) has a young vibrant feel about it..almost cosmopolitan...and not far from the Great Metropolis to boot...housing of equal quality will be more expensive but, that's to be expected given the location.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Well we're not without fault as I previously said.
    But I've yet to see children running about with no shoes on their feet.
    Every single child is entitled to be educated free of charge.
    Every citizen is entitled to free health care.
    Of course should after you have qualified to be here fall on hard times we have a welfare system that I can assure you is the envy of all our neighbours in Europe if not the entire World.
    Uk not my 1st choice for a holiday destination but my 1st choice as home.
    Absolutely!...if you got children, the UK is the only place to be...be it for only its health and education...that alone is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    A lot of people here in the UK don't realise what a great part of the world we live in and what a great country this really is
    , Michael ... 100% ... well ... ... the unpredictable (or perhaps I should say, predictable in one respect, i.e., it's foreverrrrr) weather aside ... it'll ALWAYS be "good ol' " for ME!

Damn & Blast!! ... the smilies I've used in my immediately~preceding post are still popping up 'out of sync'!!!

Apologies for going

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Absolutely!...if you got children, the UK is the only place to be...be it for only its health and education...that alone is enough.
    you are right on this one, and if we had kids i would not leave here too

Respected Member
    quite honestly i can understand why you want out of the hell hole that america is now being recognised as ( i lived there for some years in the early eighties and saw the reality that the "land of the free " really is ) but as for moving to the satelite state of england is no more than jumping out of the frying pan into the fire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,try south of france or the soon to be liberated country of scotland !!!!

Ok Michael I think I am more qualified than most here to talk about Birmingham because I have to work there. If you want honesty I would not send my worst enemy there. As for Redditch/Bromsgrove I think that is a nice area at the moment in fact when my wife comes here that is where we will live. The schools are decent. I cant comment on Brighton.

hi itsme again. youre very right about hollywood/los angeles. los angeles is overrated and traffic. i dont mind the weather, i can adjust with unpredictable weather. what "NHS"? las vegas is pretty cool. las vegas is always hot. i lived there too but i can't handle hot weather. i like cold weather. it's our kids that i'm worried about, i know they'll be with cousins and family but i worry because i'ts a different country. i gotta be honest. i really don't know if i'm making the right decision. please tell me good things about uk.

i like your post. that kinda give me a reason that i'm not making a bad decision. uk is my wifes home land and have cousins (wife side) but i'm still kinda scared but your post really helps. thank you so much and hope to meet you guys, once in uk. thanks

you guys are a big help. i'm so glad i joined the forum. yes we have 2 kids (10 and 13). just like what i said before, wife and i can adjust with the crazy weather. its our kids i worried about. weather, school, lifestyle,friends and etc. i hope they'll love it. once again thanks. i hope i'm not making a bad decision.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Don't worry Mhy, I don't think other members are trying to sway your decision, I think they are just voicing opinion on there own personal experiences. As for myself and Arthur, we have been around a lot longer than most and we know a little more than most, so go ahead with your decision and keep doing your research first. Good Luck!

Michael's correct, Mhy. None of our members have purposely set out to influence your decision ... simply voicing their opinions on the parts of their native land that are most familiar to them. If I were being biased, it would be in favour of my own neck of the woods here in the 'Fair City' of Perth ... a striking contrast to the HUGE Scottish industrial metropolis of *Glasgow (60 miles south) where I was born ... but *which I have no desire to return to apart from occasional visits.

I've never been to either Redditch or Brighton, so cannot add my tuppenceworth about those particular places.

Meanwhile, to the friendly, online filipino/uk community and good luck with your plans.

Respected Member
    I would also recommend finding some advice on an American Expat Forum, where fellow countrymen who've made the move would be better placed to advice on the challenges and benefits of moving to the UK.

England is still a great country for many that like here or even flock here from differant parts of the world, its just that some are ready to leave these shores for other far of places, its just like you asking for advice about living here, thats what we do about moving to the phils or anywhere, better to ask then just jump in at the deep end

thanks all!

You are very welcome!

Moving from Hollywood CA to Uk soon.

i just wanna say thank you to all. thanks for the support, inputs, pros and cons about england. after reading all the post/replies (good and bad) it maybe think about moving to england. i still don't know what to do. but as far as i know, england is a good place. it's quiet, green, nice people, nice school, health cares,etc, EXCEPT the weather. the weather is the only thing thats stopping me and my family. IS THE WEATHER REALLY BAD in england/brighton/??? what is so bad about the weather? if so, how bad?

Dont worry about the weather, if you dress a accordingly everything will be okay.

very Filipino. Family oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Dont worry about the weather, if you dress a accordingly everything will be okay.
    That's just how we look at too.
    When our daughter came we taught her no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.

Mind you I find it hard to survive without the warmth of the sun on my face.

walking around london and the weather well drizzling, so coat and jumper, and away we went, just nice until you get into the shops and museums, bloody to hot now, and carrying your coat and jumping tighed around your waist, next minute back outside on a boat freezing, wish i had a hat, to right about wearing the right cloths for the right weather

i'm back. it's oct. 25th @ 11:10 pm!

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

A) move to uk (to be with family)
    or
    B) stay in california but no family

What would you do?

most important thing is work and money, have you work in england to come too, is the pay better here then there, and what happens if you come here and dont like it can you go back there

Quote Originally Posted by Mhy View Post
    i'm back. it's oct. 25th @ 11:10 pm!

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?"

A) move to uk (to be with family)
    or
    B) stay in california but no family

What would you do?
    lol welcome back ...just go wherever your heart tells you to go.

my answer to your mighty question

Letter A move to uk and be with family

and letter B for holidays
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    as stevewool says,,,, " money ", if you are sure you can get decent employment here then all is well,, but your line of work is suffering badly over here, as i am sure it is there,,,,, could you come over for a short stay with your relatives and check out the employment situation

@ nnomad - that is a good idea! we'll do that. we are going next year, maybe may or june?!. what do you guys think? is that a good month to go? i also wanna check how cold is cold! lol. so what month should we come and check? thanks all

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    @ nnomad - that is a good idea! we'll do that. we are going next year, maybe may or june?!. what do you guys think? is that a good month to go? i also wanna check how cold is cold! lol. so what month should we come and check? thanks all

It's still autumn here now and it started snowing on some parts of the UK already!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    well it "sure aint " ( american vernacular, make him feel at home !! ) may nor june mate, unless you " wanna check out " the rain !!,,,,, try october " throo " ( again, omg !! ) march .

As has been already suggested, you should visit for a while and see if you feel comfortable to settle here.
    I think anyone who suddenly decides to move the family to any other country without having the first idea of the impacts and consequencies to that family especially without any consideration to employment and accommodation must be completely 'nuts'.

No offence intended buddy, but surely you intend to think much much deeper than you have so far divulged.

Well I certainly hope so, otherwise you likely to be putting your wife and children in a very difficult position. No excuse for that my friend.

I urge you to consider your responsibility.
    It's not usual for me to be so strong, but I'm convinced from you've posted that you've given scant consideration to the impact and future of your children. To me they're more important than your interest in the weather.

No offence intended but please THINK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information