Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Me and my wife want to return to the philippines

Ok guys my wife(filipino) is about to get her right to remain.then we will push for GB passport for her.
    well ive heard about the 21 days or apply for 59 days stay.
    but if we are married is our right to stay longer at all.If so how long is it and how long is the next right to stay when i re-apply in the philippines.
    Also if any one knows of costs of the visas each time.
    Thanks any help will do.

Quote Originally Posted by swayze View Post
    Ok guys my wife(filipino) is about to get her right to remain.then we will push for GB passport for her.
    well ive heard about the 21 days or apply for 59 days stay.
    but if we are married is our right to stay longer at all.If so how long is it and how long is the next right to stay when i re-apply in the philippines.
    Also if any one knows of costs of the visas each time.
    Thanks any help will do.
    1. What right to remain ? Indefinite?
    Once this is granted if she will leave UK for more than 2 years it is no longer valid and she would need to start her immigration journey all over again.
    That's a 5 years journey now.

2. If you get married and then arrive in Philippines together, you would be entitled to stay for 1 year free visa at no charge. This is know as Balikbayan priviledge. Both of you approach the immigration officer together, present passports and marriage certificate and your wife should ask for it.
    Personally, I've not known anyone get refused.
    But it ONLY applies if you are arriving together.

im not sure she passed her life in uk test and she applied for what ever comes next

not sure if its right to remain or indefinite
    What about when she applies for passport
    can she stay longer than under 2 years

im not sure she passed her life in uk test and she applied for what ever comes next

not sure if its right to remain or indefinite
    What about when she applies for passport
    can she stay longer than under 2 years
    If she can be granted British Citizenship she can stay outside of UK as long as wants and return whenever. Same as any British Citizen.
    Is there is an intention to return to Philippines for some time then she'd better apply for re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship. ( she would automatically lose it after the UK oath taking)

Can't really give any meaningful options for you without knowing what you have in your mind and what immigration status your wife has.

At least you know how you can stay in Philippines for 1 year visa free on Balikbayan. After that you can extend your stay by visa extensions up to a total of 24 months before you need to leave for 24 hours before arriving back to start the process over again.

I think it would help if you could report what immigration status you wife has.

Seems a bit of a waste of a significant wad of money to apply ILR then leave for good.
    The future options for you both as a couple would certainly be greatly expanded if you both had British Citizenship.

Imagine 2 or 3 years in the Philipppines and you find you need to return to UK for some emergency medical treatment.
    You can return but your wife cannot.
    If you don't pay for the NHS treatment you cannot legally leave UK to live in the Philippines without paying it.
    Just food for thought.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

terp thats great advice
    1 year sounds great not losing the visa now after all that headache and money.
    my wife is waiting for the ILR to come through another 4 months to wait.

but as long as we the option to live in our house out there for a year thats good enough for us

thanks for your help

Isnt dual nationality an option terpe?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Isnt dual nationality a option terpe?
    Dual nationality imho is a must once British Citizenship is obtained.

My point is don't invest so much in the immigration process up to ILR then up and leave to Philippines for two years or more as all is just lost.

Under the new rules it's now 5 years to ILR and 6 years to British Citizenship.

What's the option you're thinking of Andy?

sorry for intruding the topic..but what if the situation like me...lets say after 1 year i will be granted to be a british citizen and my 8 years old child? is it safe to go back to philippines ? for good...together with my2 other kids with dual passport eng-filipino passport and english husband..
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Dual nationality imho is a must once British Citizenship is obtained.

My point is don't invest so much in the immigration process up to ILR then up and leave to Philippines for two years or more as all is just lost.

Under the new rules it's now 5 years to ILR and 6 years to British Citizenship.

What's the option you're thinking of Andy?
    To be honest terpe god knows what to do. Thats the only answer I can give. So many options.

just jumping in here, Ems ilr is this month and we are going the postal way,so all being well we shall be granted the ILR, so how long after this we can apply for citizenship,in the end duel citizen is what we are after, mainly for travel anywhere in the world and also for coming back here to show off my tan from time to time with out the hassle, i think thats the best way, IS IT

stevewool
    my wife is waiting for ILR 4 months left to wait till she gets it.
    my wife told me you have to wait one year to apply for citizen after you get your ILR

thats just what Ems says too, but us men have to ask others too, just in case

stevewool
    when we applied for visa we got turned down for silly reasons.well this done my nod in, I used a solicitor that deals with this sort of thing and he sorted it within a couple of weeks headache gone lol
    best 350 pounds ive spent

4 months left you say how do you know that, how long have you been waiting

stevewool
    because we paid to have our ILR checked by hand,its a official visa gov place in city hall cardif,they make sure that all the requirements are ok,they said at most it takes up to 6 months for the ILR or could be less

our friends have had the ILR approved just took 4 months we are looking at the same time or 6 months, i was going the same way as you but Ł991 is enough to pay i think, all the letters are sorted payslips, bank statements and so on so that will be posted next week just after our pictures are taken,

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Steve, you asked what the cost of renewing your 'visa'. After your Balikbayan has expired you must renew every 59 days at a cost of p2800 then p3500 every six months, also your annual ID cost for renewal of approx p7000. You can apply for a retirement 'visa' for approx p22000 after you have lived in Philippines for two years.

a retirement visa costing 22000, is that for life or just for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Steve, you asked what the cost of renewing your 'visa'. After your Balikbayan has expired you must renew every 59 days at a cost of p2800 then p3500 every six months, also your annual ID cost for renewal of approx p7000. You can apply for a retirement 'visa' for approx p22000 after you have lived in Philippines for two years.

No need to go the retirement visa route as that is really only used by single men and women of a certain age..
    Far better to apply for a 13a residence visa for those with a a Filipino spouse..
    As Swayze wont be here in the R.P for much more than a year his best bet is to avail of the BB privilege IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    sorry for intruding the topic..but what if the situation like me...lets say after 1 year i will be granted to be a british citizen and my 8 years old child? is it safe to go back to philippines ? for good...together with my2 other kids with dual passport eng-filipino passport and english husband..
    Moy, don't worry so much. You're in safe hands

With British Citizenship and Philippine citizenship (dual) all round the world is your oyster with (almost) no problems for travel.

terp thats great advice
    1 year sounds great not losing the visa now after all that headache and money.
    my wife is waiting for the ILR to come through another 4 months to wait.

but as long as we the option to live in our house out there for a year thats good enough for us

thanks for your help
    Just to avoid any confusion.
    My point is that your wife stand to lose out by leaving at the wrong time.
    If she want to be granted British Citizenship she should not up sticks and leave after just forking out money for the ILR.

1. If you remain out of UK for 2 years or more the ILR of your wife will no longer be valid. She return legally and will have no eligibility to enter UK without a new visa.

2. If your wife has ILR and you leave UK for 1 year she will not quality for British Citizenship when you expect her to due to UK residency requirements

The residency requirements for British Citizenship are:-
    - you have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the previous three-year period
    and
    - you have not spent more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period.

There are some allowances and exceptions accepted. But not so much.

Just be sure to understand the implications of leaving UK for lengthy periods

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    No need to go the retirement visa route as that is really only used by single men and women of a certain age..
    Far better to apply for a 13a residence visa for those with a a Filipino spouse..
    what is this and the cost also

Cost me around 350 Quid but most of the expenses were getting medical requirements in the UK..100 quid for a medical..Another 100 mfor a chest X ray!! I think they have done away with medical requirments now so probably much cheaper.. Once you get your residence card all you need to pay is 300 PHP a year... Card needs renewal every 5 years. costs about 50 quid.

stevewool
    my wife told me you have to wait one year to apply for citizen after you get your ILR
    That's correct ... the fact that your wife came to the UK in 2010, means she can apply for naturalisation one year after being granted Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Whatever route you take Steve, it's approx the same price.

However ...

... ILR for *spouses of British subjects - *arriving here AFTER July 9, 2012 - can only be applied for after 5 years ... with a subsequent year's residential requirement for Citizenship.

if you need my services or just pass on thanks

good rates to you people
    Last edited by raynaputi; 24th October 2012 at 21:36. Reason: removed link as it's an advertisement..please contact the admin if you want your business advertised

Attention Lois_Lane,

I've taken the liberty of creating a new thread for your recent postings on British Citizenship. I hope you don't mind.

Please see the new thread called Questions About British Citizenship here

Which is within the sub-forum UK VISA/British Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Cost me around 350 Quid but most of the expenses were getting medical requirements in the UK..100 quid for a medical..Another 100 mfor a chest X ray!! I think they have done away with medical requirments now so probably much cheaper.. Once you get your residence card all you need to pay is 300 PHP a year... Card needs renewal every 5 years. costs about 50 quid.
    Who can get a residency visa fred and what are the requirements?

Who can get a residency visa fred and what are the requirements?
    The most important requirement is having a Filipino spouse!
    If you apply in the R.P you will get a temporary visa for one year after which you can apply for your permanent residency.. I believe there are no medical requirements.
    If you apply to the Phil embassy in London you will get the permanent visa but there is a pain in the ass medical which you need to organise via your doctor.. This medical is not cheap in the UK.. A simple chest Xray cost me 100.00 Quid!! My doc charged me 100.00 for giving me the medical and filling in the med form but that doesnt include lab tests etc.. You need things like a police clearance in the UK.. This took over 4 months to organise.. A real pain..

The UK Phil embassy website is not that easy to navigate but this is the link to the form and requirements there for those applying in the UK. http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content.../visaform3.pdf

Sec 13 a
    (Applying here in R.P)
    The wife or the husband or the unmarried child under twenty-one years of age of a Philippine citizen, if accompanying or following to join such citizen;

Checklist of Requirements for Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage Under Section 13(a)

1. Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;
    2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
    3. NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
    4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;
    5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
    6. Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

Checklist of Requirements for Temporary Resident’s Visa Under Section 13(a), in relation to Law Instruction No. 33

1. Duly notarized letter of application by petitioning Filipino spouse;
    2. General Application Form duly accomplished by the foreign spouse and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
    3. NSO authenticated copy of birth certificate of Filipino spouse;
    4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of the alien and Filipino spouse, or if solemnized abroad, Marriage Contract authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate in or nearest the place where marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;
    5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and
    6. Plain photocopy of passport/s of alien spouse and/or children showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

Thread Information