Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Pls help on ILR

Smile Pls help on ILR

Hello,

I am confused with the new requirements of applying for ILR. I got here in the UK on Spouse Visa on March 7, 2011.

Could someone pls clarify to me the requirements for me to apply for ILR? And how much will it cost me?

I have a dependent son (now 6 years old) that I brought with me here. Will i include him in my ILR application or is it separate?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there,

The 'new rules' that came into force 9th July 2012 will NOT apply to you.

Your application will be considered under the old rules (ie the same immigration rules that were in force at the time of your entry to UK)

This is good news for you as it means that your qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK as Spouse (this does not include any time here in UK under Fiancee Visa conditions)
    The earliest you can apply for ILR is 28 days before reaching the end of your 24 months qualifying period.

Based on what you've said, in your specific case this should be February 8th 2013 (but please check your dates to be sure)

Before applying for your ILR you will need to have a pass certificate for "Life in UK" test.

As a first step please take a look at the UKBA webpage specifically for Settling in the UK

You'll then need to review the UKBA webpage How to apply for settlement from inside the UK

As the spouse you'll need to use Form SET(M)

The Form SET(M) can be downloaded here at the UKBA page Completing application form SET(M)
    This page also provides detailed information on how to complete the form including how to include any dependants in your application.
    You can use one form for a joint application by you and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants.

All information relating to the UKBA ILR costs are included at the top of the Form SET(M)
    Here's what is stated:-

If you are a single applicant on form SET(M) and no dependants are applying with you, there is a fee of £991 for applications made by post, or £1377 for premium service (PEO only) applications made in person at our Public Enquiry Offices. If one or more dependants are applying with you, the fee increases by £496 for applications made by post or £689 for premium applications (PEO only) for each dependant applying...
    Yep, it's very expensive. But don't forget that you no longer have any restrictions to your visa relating to recourse to public funds.

Once you've reviewed the above information, don't be shy to ask any question if there's something you need help with.

there is also a disk you can buy called life in the uk study and moc test.
    my wife used this and passed easily

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swayze View Post
    there is also a disk you can buy called life in the uk study and moc test.
    my wife used this and passed easily
    And there are Life in the UK Test apps too:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Life+in+the+UK

And they are on Facebook:

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....in+the+UK+test

Thank you so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

I was granted Spouse Visa in the Philippines on 14 Feb 2011 but arrived here in UK on 7 March 2011. I believe you are right, the earliest I can apply is on 8 Feb 2013.

Thanks again for your help. :-)

Clarification: in the Finances section of the Form Set(M) it says that we need documents showing the finances available to us should cover at least the last 3 months. How much is the basis that's enough for that considering we have one child at 6 years old and the other 1 and half years old. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois_Lane View Post
    ...Clarification: in the Finances section of the Form Set(M) it says that we need documents showing the finances available to us should cover at least the last 3 months. How much is the basis that's enough for that considering we have one child at 6 years old and the other 1 and half years old. Thanks.
    Yes, you should provide at least 3 months worth of documents showing the financials. That would include bank statements and pay slips.

Under the 'old-rules' there's really no specific amounts needed. In principle just some money coming into the account.
    The ILR under the old-rules will not be refused based soley on finances.
    I have known the ILR to be granted to couples who are both unemployed.

Thank you. :-) You're such a great help. What a great encouragement. :-)

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Swayze, forgive me for asking, what is MOC test?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there,

The 'new rules' that came into force 9th July 2012 will NOT apply to you.

Your application will be considered under the old rules (ie the same immigration rules that were in force at the time of your entry to UK)
    Glad to know this Terpe. I don't have to take an English exam. I was planning to book my Life in the UK test next month, but the website is still under maintenance. Is there any other way I can book it?
    >>--DonahMichael-->>

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post
    .... I was planning to book my Life in the UK test next month, but the website is still under maintenance. Is there any other way I can book it?
    If you're unable to access the UKBA 'Life in UK' website you should telephone their helpline: 0800 015 4245

Opening hours for the helpdesk is Monday to Friday 8-6

I just checked the UKBA website for Life in The UK Test and it seemed OK
    (although I didn't actually go the the 'book a test' page)

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Swayze, forgive me for asking, what is MOC test?
    I think he just meant "mock test"..a typo error
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Aaah! thankyou

Thread Information