Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Marriage licence application!

Evening all,

Been reading all the steps required to marry in phil and have a couple of questions you all may be able to help.
    My fiance lives and works in Manila But we are looking at tieing the knot in Tagatay.
    Does my fiance require I.D such as passport , birth certificate etc does when applying for CNI, CENOMAR and marriage licence?
    Can i book appointment for marriage licence from UK?
    And if so does anyone have the address and contact tel no?

Thank you in advance

Dave

The answer to the first question id yes she will need it. You both have to be there to apply the marriage licence.

Respected Member
    I cannot comment on the specifics for Tagaytay, however I suspect this post relating to Cebu will answer most of your questions: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....198#post390198

I think that your fiance will need to make some visits to her local Civil Registrars Office and probably a short trip upto Tagaytay to determine exactly how to proceed. Doing this will save you an awful lot of heartache at the time of the wedding, particularly if you have limited time in the country planned (tight time schedule).

Have a read of the entire thread to get a head start: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....he-Philippines

Thanks Ricky very useful thread , just so i am clear on this my fiance needs to visit the civil registrar in Tagaytay where we wish to marry and not,Manila where she lives?
    And marriage licence is also from TAgaytay and not Manila aswell?
    Also the pre cana seminar is that something we have to do with priest in Tagatay if we want a garden wedding?

i think RickyR is right,a trip to the local registrar and to tagaytay is worth doing and from what i can remember you should be over at the phils to get your cni from british embassy and you need to get this paperwork from uk to exchange it for your cni,cant remember the name of the document you need to get from uk.am sure some other members will give u a piece of their mind on this.hope it helps.cheers.

Respected Member
    Hi guys..its been a while.hope everything is doing fine..
    To dave 1978... As far as i know you need to have your CNI in Uk then your fiancee can bring it to the phil UK embassy.. your fiancee needs to bring your birth certificate and CNI together with her Cenomar and birth certificate to her LOCAL REGISTRAR to apply for marriage license...they will require you to attend a seminar but im sure this can be arranged with SPECIAL FEES of course... Once you get the marriage license then you can marry anywhere in the philippines and its valid for a year...

Ok great guys,

Coul
    ple more questions im gpthinking of ordering cenomar online and also copy of gf birth certificate .... does the cenomar have an expiry date and if so how long ? also does birth certificate have to have been issued by NSO within a certain date of wedding?

Thank you all much appreciation...

Dave

A friend of my fiance has reccomended i get her a tourist / visitor visa prior to marriage and subsequent application for spouse via? would you reccomend this to show are vrelationship in the system or would this not benefit my final goal?

When is your wedding dave?

Hi andy looking at April no confirmed date yet

Good evening.
    Before i order CENOMAR i have a question?
    My gf is a resident of manila and that is where we will apply for marriage certificate. a condition on manila registry website is resident of manila and to show I. D to prove..... no problem with that but when applying for CENOMAR online should i put gf address in bulucan or address she resides at in manila to match I.D?

Dont want to get this wrong and realise mistake when im out there so your advice is essential!

THank you

hello guys! its time for me to seek and need help from you, me and bf are planning to get married in april 2013, regarding reading all post here I am confused about cni things, for example if my bf apply cni in uk this november 2012 and bf post me org cni will recieve it here in philppines to bring uk embassy with my cni also and recieve this so that we can apply marriage licence? can we book while waiting the marriage licence before the actual wedding? or i should wait him to apply marriage licence and book actual date of the wedding,

thank you so much!

hi everyone,i just got married last oct 18 in my hometown in cebu,regarding the paperworks,first my hubby applied for the CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT in local registrar office in uk,he got the paper after 21 days,then get stamped from public solicitor.i get our cenomar in sm malls,waited for 10 days.

u and your bf should go in the embassy together with the cni from uk and cemonar of u both and passport,and get exchange the cni from uk to local cni here which u pay for 4,550.i think..then go to local registrar where u would like to get married apply for marriage license,wait for 10` days thats when u can settle your wedding date..

Thanks to everyone for all advice so far i do appreciate so much!

APpointment for local CNI now booked for end of December and flight booked end of January for local CNI and marriage licence:

BUT! I have a few question i really dont want get wrong before i fly :

1.) I am 35 an my fiance is 32 and have checked manila registry hall website which states that for marriage application we are both required to provide parental advice? could someone please explain what "ADVICE" means?
    2.)my fiance lives in taguig and works in makati but all her I.D shows her adress is home address in Bulucan. Will she need postal address I.D in manila to apply for marriage licence in manila? we are getting married in Makati aswell
    3.) Or should we apply for marriage licence in Bulucan being what you would "LOCAL" to my fiance home province? or as we marry in makati , manila is it ok to apply for at manila town hall?

I really dont want to get this wrong thank you everyone

Dave

Sorry another question after being married do i have to wait for any legal reason in Phil ? for marriage certificate etc? very short of holiday !

Thanks

Afternoon,

Have applied for CNI at local registrar today so all systems go!

One question though .... as i havent got marriage licence yet we havent set a wedding venue so have put taguig city ,philippines as place we are marrying is this enough detail for embassy in Manila for local CNI?

Thanks

Respected Member
    Yes, no need for any more detail.

Great thanks ricky

Sorry one more question registrar mentioned i should announce notice of marriage in an english newspaper and notify the high commision who will in turn notify embassy manila.

Havent heard this is it an actual requirement i do this ?
    Thanks

Respected Member
    You don't need to notify the High Commission as there isn't one in the Philippines (its not a Commonwealth country). Just go to the Embassy and process the CNI.
    I'm surprised they've suggested you post the notice of your intended marriage in an newspaper, because I'm pretty certain this isn't necessary, since its posted in the Registrar Office for 21 days.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    i collect mines on 11th dec at my local registry office here in Scotland, i think its posted there for 15 days my intention to marry !

appointment with the British embassy in manila for jan 7th, just unsure about the fees involved i`ve been advised its 130 quid, mail from the embassy mention..::

Fees No. 10 and 11 (GBP65.00 + GBP65.00) to apply for notice of marriage and certificate of no impediment

hi there everyone been over to phil and got my marriage licence on jan 30th and back on 20 th marcg to marry following weekend time going quick now and loads to do... using this website has given me great understanding of how to get there... thanks all .... next step is visa . I have been gathering evidence we are a real couple and have 7 trips to phil to show im always back and visiting. i have read some good links with what exactly i need to be providing in my application but was wondering if anyone has a good guide that may help me cover everything? and should i also try to get across to immigration on a personnel level or just keep it black and white ?

Thanks guy and gals

Quote Originally Posted by dave1978 View Post
    .....was wondering if anyone has a good guide that may help me cover everything? and should i also try to get across to immigration on a personnel level or just keep it black and white ?
    Have you reviewed the forum thread - All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa
    It's important to follow the links too.

Think also about reviewing this information as many members have found difficulties in securing a marriage certificate for the visa application.
    Advance Endorsement Birth ,Marriage and Death Certificate

There is a new requirement now for entry to UK for TB screening.
    Please review this thread - TB Testing required from February 28th

Food for thought

Thread Information