Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

What name to use on application?

Hi All,

soon to process fiancee visa application however unsure what surname to use on the forms, my fiancee passport is still in her old married name (now divorced and has the paperwork)
    We enquired about getting a new passport with maiden name but because she was married and divorced in USA its not so simple as PH need all sorts of certificates and stuff from USA embassy about the divorce - 6 to 12 months quoted to complete the name change.
    So my question is do I use the married name (as stated on passport) or maiden name, this would be for the visa application and the English Language test,

Thanks, im going PH on 9th and I need to take all my documents with me which I think will equall 19kg of baggage, leaves me 1kg for 1 x teeshirt and 1 x shorts LOL

hello BazJaz,

Is your Fiancee filed a Recognition of a Foreign Divorce here in the RTC- Philippines?
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.
    Memories are sweet, cherish it.

Hi,

No not yet, would that still be needed even if we do not intened to get married in PH? (so their law does not apply if we marry in UK?????)

Thanks

BazJaz

Quote Originally Posted by BazJaz View Post
    Hi All,

soon to process fiancee visa application however unsure what surname to use on the forms, my fiancee passport is still in her old married name (now divorced and has the paperwork)
    We enquired about getting a new passport with maiden name but because she was married and divorded in USA its not so simple as PH need all sorts of certificates and stuff from USA embassy about the divorce - 6 to 12 months quoted to complete the name change.
    So my question is do I use the married name (as stated on passport) or maiden name, this would be for the visa application and the English Language test,

Thanks, im going PH on 9th and I need to take all my documents with me which I think will equall 19kg of baggage, leaves me 1kg for 1 x teeshirt and 1 x shorts LOL
    The name should be that one stated on the travel document (ie Passport).
    All documentation must show that same name.

I wouldn't bother changing passport name until all visa work is done and dusted and she is here in UK on an FLR(M) visa (after marriage)
    Even then it's questionable whether it needs to be done at all.
    Many folks don't do it until passport is up for renewal.

If you have 19kg of supporting visa documentation, I would guess you've misunderstood the requirements.
    No offence intended

Quote Originally Posted by BazJaz View Post
    Hi All,

We enquired about getting a new passport with maiden name but because she was married and divorded in USA its not so simple as PH need all sorts of certificates and stuff from USA embassy about the divorce - 6 to 12 months quoted to complete the name change.

I would suggest to bring the final divorce decree to the Department of Foreign Affairs (PH) for the change of name and status...I dont think it will take 6-12 months if proper documents are presented....then next step is the language test and the visa.
    good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arjie View Post
    hello BazJaz,

Is your Fiancee filed a Recognition of a Foreign Divorce here in the RTC- Philippines?
    No, they will not be needing Recognition of Foreign Divorce since they are marrying in the UK
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

In my experience.I was holding a passport with my married name and i went to the DFA because i want to change my married name into my maiden name i brought my divorce decree from the US and still they don't accept it. The DFA personnel asking me where is my Marriage contract from NSO annotated that my marriage is void.so, I had to file a recognition of a Foreign Divorce.
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

In my experience.I was holding a passport with my married name and i went to the DFA because i want to change my married name into my maiden name i brought my divorce decree from the US and still they don't accept it. The DFA personnel asking me where is my Marriage contract from NSO annotated that my marriage is void.so, I had to file a recognition of a Foreign Divorce.
    did you marry in the PH?

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    did you marry in the PH?
    No, I was married in Florida, USA.
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

Oh yeah i understand now ...yes , (Bazjaz) will be needing the divorce decree to be judicially confirmed by the Philippine Court and then register with the local civil registry office which will go through the database of NSO for the annotation of marriage license.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Oh yeah i understand now ...yes , (Bazjaz) will be needing the divorce decree to be judicially confirmed by the Philippine Court and then register with the local civil registry office which will go through the database of NSO for the annotation of marriage license.

That's correct! sars_notd_virus.

Just remember Bazjaz,her divorce decree it has to be Authenticated from these offices listed below:

1.The Secretary of State where the divorce was filed.
    2. Philippine Embassy in the US.
    3. DFA,Manila (in Pasay City,Roxas Blvd.).
    Life is short, live it.
    Love is rare, grab it.
    Anger is bad, dump it.
    Fear is awful, face it.

Thread Information