Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

visa for settlement

I'm back I need some information regarding visa settlement... I posted before that i was refused three times for visit visa and the last time i want my daughter to join her father in UK... Thank God she there now but I am still worried bout my husband and daughter. I am planning now to apply for settlement visa but i need more information.. I am now here in Saudi working I got a yearly contract and have good salary my husband is not working and under the govt fund. My daughter she is only 9 months old now and i really missed her so much. I want to apply here in saudi for settlement visa i need to know if i have a chance of approval if i apply here since i have the work and my income is good. Can i apply and work also here if i will be approve? I need the job here to prove them that i am not using any money from the govt that i can support my self....I just want to be with my love ones specially my daughter who really needs me and my husband not in good condition. I am worried that no one there to look after my baby if something happen to my husband.I want to apply my visa in six months time to show how much money i have in my bank to support me in two years. I really need help now any suggestions ...

Firstly I an sorry about your situation. From what I have read on here if your husband is disabled and claiming disability allowance you might stand a chance. If not your husband needs to earn £18600 per year to support you. They will not take your earnings from abroad into account. I am sure the others on here will give you advice. Good luck.

ALUB, Andy is correct.
    If your husband is not working then it's not possible that a visa leading to settlement will be granted to you under the circumstances you describe.
    Perhaps your husband could try and find an immigration advisor for a free consultation about any possibilities that might exist concerning you and your daughter.
    Just thinking outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Firstly I an sorry about your situation. From what I have read on here if your husband is disabled and claiming disability allowance you might stand a chance. If not your husband needs to earn £18600 per year to support you. They will not take your earnings from abroad into account. I am sure the others on here will give you advice. Good luck.
    Yes my husband is under disability allowance... He can't work at all and thats worry me because he maybe ok now taking care of my daughter but im worried that he may not be strong to take care of our baby for the next month specially during winter where he always have severe asthma due to cold weather. It terrify me everytime asthma attack him i cant look at him....But i will still try to apply for settlement visa i need to be with my daughter....My husband dont want my child to be raise in philippines he wants it there with him.

He is now looking for immigration advisor for consultation I am just hoping they help us with this matter....

Quote Originally Posted by ALUB View Post
    He is now looking for immigration advisor for consultation I am just hoping they help us with this matter....
    I'm hoping he can receive help.
    In principle any DLA he receives will allow exemption from the financial requirement of £18600 income.

However he still needs to be able to provide evidence of sufficient maintenance and accomodation to support you.
    I think a quick consultation will be enough to determine if the overall situation looks OK.
    Good luck

may i ask what's the difference between spouse visa and settlement visa i am confused?

may i ask what's the difference between spouse visa and settlement visa i am confused?
    It is the same. You are applying for a visa to settle in the UK.

A settlement visa can be either, spouse, Fiance or civil partnership.

I want to apply here in saudi for settlement visa i need to know if i have a chance of approval if i apply here since i have the work and my income is good. Can i apply and work also here if i will be approve?
    No, If you are applying for settlement visa then you will need to be in the UK after the visa is issued. Having the job in Saudi will have no bearing on the visa application as you would be expected to leave your job to settle in the UK.

hi to everyone I need more information for visa application. Do i need to take the Life in UK test and get medical for tuberculosis here in saudi i already passed the english test i took three months ago HOPKINS is it still valid or they need other english test ESOL before i apply this comming february 2013. My husband always ask me that i need medical before applying.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    im sure your english cert has validity date on it so please check it. if its valid still then you dont need to take another english test.

no you dont need to take life in the uk test yet but you need to pass the test for your ilr or citizenship application in future.

saudi arabia is not on the list of countries that uk requires the applicants to be screened first.

but just to make sure try to go for a medical to obtain a cert. they might look for your cert in the airport. just to avoid hassles for you.

hello again to all..... regarding the medical i need to know if philippines is one of the countries that require medical before applying for visa settlement....thabks

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I'm hoping he can receive help.
    In principle any DLA he receives will allow exemption from the financial requirement of £18600 income.

However he still needs to be able to provide evidence of sufficient maintenance and accomodation to support you.
    I think a quick consultation will be enough to determine if the overall situation looks OK.
    Good luck
    Hello again guys
    i need to ask something bout the english test I took english test in Hopkins and pass it now are they included in the list of approved provoder by ukba before i apply

Hello again guys
    i need to ask something bout the english test I took english test in Hopkins and pass it now are they included in the list of approved provoder by ukba before i apply
    If it's TOEIC test at Hopkins test centre then it's OK

By the way, did you check if your husband can meet the maintenance requirements for income as an exemption from Financial Requirements?

My husband is under disability and he already ask asked assistant to the immigration advisor and they are the one who help him now. They told us that maybe we will be refuse but can appeal and hoping that they give me visa when i appeal. My husband have savings of 2,500 pounds and i have enough money to support my self. is that enough. I am really worried

My husband is under disability and he already ask asked assistant to the immigration advisor and they are the one who help him now. They told us that maybe we will be refuse but can appeal and hoping that they give me visa when i appeal.
    Well I'm sorry to hear that. It seems to me that the advisor didn't help one little bit.

If your husband is in receipt of:-
    - Carer’s Allowance
    - Disability Living Allowance.
    - Severe Disablement Allowance.
    - Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
    - Attendance Allowance

Then he will be exempt from the Financial Requirement income threshold of £18,600 pa min

This means he needs to be able to meet what is called adequate accommodation and maintenance.
    In principle this means being able to show an amount of £111.45 per week after deduction of housing costs from total income.

If your husband can meet this then there should be no issues around finances.

Please check with your husband and see if he can meet that target.

Let me know and I'll point you in the right direction for documentation etc.

My husband have savings of 2,500 pounds and i have enough money to support my self. is that enough. I am really worried
    Sorry to say this but UKBA rules only count savings above £16000

That is a big amount 16000 pounds how my husband can have money like that he not working... I hope the solicitors help us and do the best they can.
    By the way his total income is 1057 a month
    Thanks Terpe

That is a big amount 16000 pounds how my husband can have money like that he not working... I hope the solicitors help us and do the best they can.
    By the way his total income is 1057 a month
    Thanks Terpe
    ALUB, is your husband receiving any of those benefits I listed?
    Can he meet a target of £111.45 per week after deduction of housing costs?

Let's see how far we can go before you spend money on those solicitors who don't seem very able to help you.

I will ask my husband tomorrow Thanks Terpe

Hi Terpe
    My husband receiving the following benifits
    • incapacity benefit every two weeks
    • Child benefit every month
    • child tax credit every month
    • Disability living allowance every month

thats all and he not paying the rent because he have a child with him now and the council tax also

Hi Terpe
    My husband receiving the following benifits
    • incapacity benefit every two weeks
    • Child benefit every month
    • child tax credit every month
    • Disability living allowance every month

thats all and he not paying the rent because he have a child with him now and the council tax also
    The addition of a child in the household will have a impact of the income support level available for a family of the same size.

As I now see it your husband needs to evidence income of £176.44 per week after deduction of housing costs
    You don't need to detail on this forum all the personal financial details, just can you confirm that your husband is able to meet that target of £176.44 per week?

Thread Information