Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Point taken Marco...on reflection, I thoroughly agree.

I Lastlid dont begrudge anybody a settlement visa if they can financially stand alone...perfectly reasonable one thinks....you keep harping about the 26k...that figure was put forward because that figure and below is where you cld avail yourself to the public purse......not as you are saying plucked out of thin air or out of malice.
    No. You keep harping on about £26000. Ref below for example.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito;
    To be honest, if this proposed £ 26k minimum is going help reduce the welfare bill then surely it gotta be a good thing.

There are a whole raft of benefits to be claimed as a couple after the ILR is in there palms.

Surely, morally it isn't right to expect others to supplement there income. I know there's a long list of injustices going on right now in our country. By adding to it doesn't make it right.

Im afraid, for a very few, they could possibly become victims of our own generous (for some ) welfare system.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    The chances are that many / most folk would have no idea that there would be stringent hurdles to clear to bring a spouse / fiancee to the UK, when they first entered into a relationship with someone outside of the EU. Some maybe. But only some. How many members of the general public would be familiar with current immigration regulations for spouse / fiancee visas?.
    ... well ... I certainly DIDN'T/WASN'T!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... well ... I certainly DIDN'T/WASN'T!!
    Ah. But Gwapito did, Arthur.

... I certainly DIDN'T/WASN'T!!
    ... that's why I'm forever grateful for the knowledge I've picked up (and still learning) from being a regular member of this marvellously informative website.

Banned
    ... that's why I'm forever grateful for the knowledge I've gleaned (and still learning) from this marvellously informative website.
    That as well. Many just don't know until they have been on this forum. And thats when they find out.

... that's why I'm forever grateful for the knowledge I've gleaned (and still learning) from this marvellously informative website.
    Amen to that my friend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Yes. There are many that have been caught out by this, in my opinion. It isn't long ago that the doors were wide open. I count myself very lucky that I managed to marry my wife at the "right time", if you see what I mean and was able to satisfy the ever tightening requirements of the incoming Conservative party. Just luck on my part. So I don't begrudge others succeeding either.
    You wanna make your mind up lastlid...wasn't long ago you were implying that you moved to the Isle Of Man to avoid our high tax...you did indeed say you were a 40% taxpayer.

You need a good memory if ya gonna lie Lastlid.

Banned
    You wanna make your mind up lastlid...wasn't long ago you were implying that you moved to the Isle Of Man to avoid our high tax...you did indeed say you were a 40% taxpayer.

You need a good memory if ya gonna lie Lastlid.
    And.....

I can still be a higher rate tax payer and think myself lucky and not begrudge others the same freedom to bring their wives here that I have had.

(However I am not in the 40% bracket as we don't have such a bracket here - maximum of 20%).

And who knows, if people like you vote UKIP in then I would be even luckier as it looks like UKIP will stop all settlement visas.

I didn't move to the Isle of Man to avoid tax. Look up the definition of tax avoidance and tax evasion first. Then realise that anyone living in the Isle of Man pays tax at a different rate to those in the UK. Neither avoidance or evasion.

Are you a brick short of a full load?

Basically I don't think it is fair that others on lower incomes can't bring their spouses / fiancees to the UK. That is regardless of my own income. Are you able to understand that?

Banned
    Give it a rest Gwapito. You just want to see others lose out, where you have been lucky.

Im not saying that at all Andy......nothing against folks on low incomes.....what I have a problem with is folks already on benefits even before they have brought there loves ones over here....which begs another question...if folks are on all these benefits how on earth could they find the money to go to the Philippines in the first place.....so much for means testing.
    Well I have just got back from work and was reading from where I left off. It seems like you are having a go at our members who are on DLA now. .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Well I have just got back from work and was reading from where I left off. It seems like you are having a go at our members who are on DLA now. .
    Another fair point Andy.

Banned
    well I never...must admit, since Lastlid took you under his wing you've turn't into a double act

Just to make myself clear ...in no way am i talking people unfortunate enough to be on Disability Living Allowance and Pensioners

Goodness Andy..you'll be giving yourself bad karma...

I wouldn't give any credence in what Lastlid posts either....you know what they say about giving someone enough rope well, Lastlid hung himself a few posts back ...he tells porkys.

I have to say gwap that I think you are totally unfair with your support of these new financial settlement figures I am fully supportive of lastid andy & big marco on this subject shame on you gwap that you should stance

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    I have to say gwap that I think you are totally unfair with your support of these new financial settlement figures I am fully supportive of lastid andy & big marco on this subject shame on you gwap that you should stance
    Sorry to hear that Stevie....like I keep saying, its becoz of recourse to the public purse...that's all Stevie...not out of malice or spite.

If the goverment got it wrong and its proven one can actually live an acceptable standard living on a lower figure of 18.5 k then the shame must be heaped upon the current administration....all im doing is taking their word for it...I know I wouldn't want to live on 26k let alone the current lower limit of 18.5 k.

Just me opinion Stevie...no offence mean't to anybody.

Btw ...I like your '' Happy wife is a happy life''....so true

If the government got it wrong and its proven one can actually live an acceptable standard living on a lower figure of 18.5 k then the shame must be heaped upon the current administration....
    ... ... 'fraid the Government has got it seriously wrong. Myrna & I are living proof that it's more than possible to subsist comfortably on considerably less than £181/2K. p.a. Admittedly, we don't have the expense involved in the running and upkeep of a car ... mainly, I suppose, owing to the fact that neither of us drive ... but, there again - with my occupational and retirement pensions - we are still substantially above the benefits threshold.

... all im doing is taking their word for it... I know I wouldn't want to live on 26k let alone the current lower limit of 18.5 k.
    Well ... as I've just indicated ... WE do ... as do countless other married couples, I shouldn't wonder.

Poor Mark ... you're bound to be thinking myself and your other forum friends are "ganging up" on you ... but we're NOT ... we're simply being realistic. Having two very young boys to care for will, of necessity, mean an added strain on your household budget, since Jane won't be working at the moment - and RIGHTLY so - but then, neither is Myrna.

Btw ... no offence taken ... I/we know you're NOT the sort of person to say anything out of malice or spite. But you DO need to GET REAL and understand that IS possible for two people to live on a lot less than the even the lower of the SHAMEFUL levels you've mentioned. Plenty of couples manage perfectly well, as I've indicated.

Banned
    Btw ... no offence taken ... I/we know you're NOT the sort of person to say anything out of malice or spite. But you DO need to GET REAL and understand that IS possible for two people to live on a lot less than the even the lower of the SHAMEFUL levels you've mentioned. Plenty of couples manage perfectly well, as I've indicated.
    The shameful levels mentioned are in fact goverment figures ive quoted

Ive also said that if the goverment got it wrong and its proven that folks can live on less then, shame should be heaped on them.

All said and done all we know is what we get from the media.

I would throw the shovel away mate your in deep enough now. . Never mind the government it should be shame on you for supporting them and not us.

Banned
    Yeah, your probably right Andy...you're probably all right....somehow wish I didn't start this thread

Good Night

Banned
    ... ... 'fraid the Government has got it seriously wrong. Myrna & I are living proof that it's more than possible to subsist comfortably on considerably less than £181/2K. p.a. Admittedly, we don't have the expense involved in the running and upkeep of a car ... mainly, I suppose, owing to the fact that neither of us drive ... but, there again - with my occupational and retirement pensions - we are still substantially above the benefits threshold.

Well ... as I've just indicated ... WE do ... as do countless other married couples, I shouldn't wonder.

Poor Mark ... you're bound to be thinking myself and your other forum friends are "ganging up" on you ... but we're NOT ... we're simply being realistic. Having two very young boys to care for will, of necessity, mean an added strain on your household budget, since Jane won't be working at the moment - and RIGHTLY so - but then, neither is Myrna.
    Cheers Arthur ..really ..by the way, many happy returns of the day for your birthday last week

Back to your last sentence..seems like we are both guilty of guessing eachothers situations.

Yes, additional costs but not straining our finances...as for my Jane working..when she did the money was hers to do as she wished...there was no pressure for her to work especially to help out with household bills.

Now in the years to come its inevitable that she will indeed be the main breadwinner..but that's for hopefully the long distant future, God willing.

Andy mentioned about so called people he thinks I am that sooner or later they fall on there faces....been there Andy...I know what its like ...this is why I am the way I am..im aware things could all go terribly wrong in a flash...I take nothing and no one for granted...I am lucky.. Yes, I know.

cant be bothered to read all on here, but you live within your means, lots can spend more on this and that, i live on very little, make do with this and that, and buy cheap and add all the flavour in the food, but the reason i am doing this is so i can put away as much money as possilbe, i pay way way over my mortgage so in 9 months that will be paid and i save so i can retire when i hit 60, and live very very well indeed, we are different so treat us all different, cant agree with everyone all the time, but most of the time we all have goods things to listen too

Listen gwapito I dont care about how much money you have got or your lifestyle. All I know is you depending where you live you dont need £18600 to live as a family. You dont need sky tv and iphones and all the rest of the luxuries to be happy. Like I have said before the cost of living is much less in the midlands and up north. As Arthur has quite rightly pointed out. Money alone does not buy you happiness. All I and others want on here is the same chance as you have been given and that is to bring our wives here and live happily. Got it?

Banned
    Listen gwapito I dont care about how much money you have got or your lifestyle. All I know is you depending where you live you dont need £18600 to live as a family. You dont need sky tv and iphones and all the rest of the luxurys to be happy. Like I have said before the cost of living is much less in the midlands and up north. As Arthur has quite rightly pointed out. Money alone does not buy you happiness. All I and others want on here is the same chance as you have been given and that is to bring our wives here and live happily. Got it?
    Oh dear...you ruined it all by your '' got it?''

Im being polite Andy...you've been tracking me down for a while now with your acidic remarks...like Steve said we are all different so we gotta respect eachothers views....do you criticise Steve going about his plans on a near daily schedule..no, you dont...why get on my case.

Ive been avoiding your threads and post yet you still come a haunting me.....for goodness sakes Andy you gotta stop taking your predicament out on me.

Ive said if the goverment got it wrong then shame on them etc

You know how we got here...your mentor Lastlid...

Try and be polite Andy.

Btw Cheers Arthur...I know your post was sincere and helpful...unfortunately other are jumping on the bandwaggon

Btw part 2.....too right material wealth doesn't bring happiness...been there done that....like its been said we are all different...for us its our babies it was all we talked about...we are living our dream now.

Banned
    Unfortunately, Andy, I don't think he has got it. The man is incorrigible.

just add this crazy thought, about threads like this one and many many more which some dont agree with, no lads dont take this the wrong way but again this is just my thought, do you think the replies could just be to get your post count up all the replies you are sending back and forth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    just add this crazy thought, about threads like this one and many many more which some dont agree with, no lads dont take this the wrong way but again this is just my thought, do you think the replies could just be to get your post count up all the replies you are sending back and forth

You probably have a point there Steve.

do you criticise Steve going about his plans on a near daily schedule..no, you dont
    sorry if i have gone on and sorry if i have bored people who even the ones who may have blocked me because of my plans, so a big SORRY to you all ,---------am i bothered, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    sorry if i have gone on and sorry if i have bored people who even the ones who may have blocked me because of my plans, so a big SORRY to you all ,---------am i bothered, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Nothing wrong with your posts and threads Steve...remember I just made a post on your recent moving thread

I was just making the comparison

As for getting up the views etc...me, I dont give it a thought ...some get an orgasm over it...I dont

Keep posting Steve..especially thoughts and ideas of your future

...some get an orgasm over it...
    12,827 posts ... ... ooooooohhh!

Cor ... now that, really "turns ME on"!

Banned
    12,827 posts ... ... ooooooohhh!

Cor ... now that, really "turns ME on"!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information