Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    You certainly do 'digress'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    your not claiming child benefit gWaPito ?
    Apparently we are Joe...although its been going straight into the boys savings account.

Thanks for your brotherly concern

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Apparently we are Joe...although its been going straight into the boys savings account.

well when your a higher band tax payer you've got to watch every penny

thats good that they will not need a public funded university education like i had

take it easy gWaPito just pulling your leg , best as always to you and your family
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned

So Andy was correct. You are claiming benefit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well when your a higher band tax payer you've got to watch every penny

thats good that they will not need a public funded university education like i had

take it easy gWaPito just pulling your leg , best as always to you and your family
    Pullin eachothers legs is what we do Joe ..that's why itz nice to have you in our occasional frays

Sincerely hope all is well with you and your family Joe

Do try and lay off the junk food ah...remember this when next food shopping...we dont wanna lose ya

Lastlid....Andy wasn't/isn't right about anything...much like yourself

What my good lady claims for and what she does with it is her affair.

All I do is provide the best I can.

I remember trying to claim for some stuffs when our James was born...refusal after refusal after refusal..much like it was when I was unemployed for 2 weeks back in 81...pants isn't it

Too right we didn't need the money...I dont put myself and loved ones in a position where we have to rely on benefits...the tax payers money is being put to good use by being put into a savings account...maybe one day when the boys are old enough, they may use it to see all there cousins in the Philippines

Hence ive been driven every since...ive never moaned about my lot...why ...becoz I get off my .... and do something about it...we are lucky here in Uk (unlike in Philippines) you know... We can actually make a difference all by ourselves...amazing
    ah

don't worry about me, I don't intend going anywhere yet, got things to sort out, even if it kills me

we have got a lot more in common gWaPito than i first thought, even second thought

take it easy
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Lastlid....Andy wasn't/isn't right about anything...much like yourself:roll eyes:
    Oh. Thats a first.

What my good lady claims for and what she does with it is her affair.

In case you misunderstood, I was highlighting the fact that you denied claiming benefit. After casting doubt on those potential sponsors that do.

You have a long track record, supporting your long held view that those on lower incomes shouldnt be allowed to sponsor a fiancee or spouse visa applicant into the UK. Shame on you for that.

I don't always agree with Andy's political views but at least he is genuine and honest guy. Thats the important thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito;
    To be honest, if this proposed £ 26k minimum is going help reduce the welfare bill then surely it gotta be a good thing.

There are a whole raft of benefits to be claimed as a couple after the ILR is in there palms.

Surely, morally it isn't right to expect others to supplement there income. I know there's a long list of injustices going on right now in our country. By adding to it doesn't make it right.

Im afraid, for a very few, they could possibly become victims of our own generous (for some ) welfare system.

So said Gwapito on 6th June 2012

Etc etc etc

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Oh. Thats a first.

In case you misunderstood, I was highlighting the fact that you denied claiming benefit. After casting doubt on those potential sponsors that do.

You have a long paper trail supporting your long held view that those on lower incomes shouldnt be allowed to sponsor a fiancee or spouse visa applicant into the UK. Shame on you for that.

I don't always agree with Andy's political views but at least he is genuine and honest guy. Thats the important thing.
    Thanks for that damning point of view Lastlid..I really appreciated that.

My point is...if one cant support one's self without the help of goverment aid while living here alone then how on earth are they gonna manage supporting a wife and sometimes children as well without claiming more taxpayers money....im not ashamed Lastlid...a perfectly legitimate thought.

Im also honest and genuine Lastlid...

Banned
    My point is...if one cant support one's self without the help of goverment aid while living here alone then how on earth are they gonna manage supporting a wife and sometimes children as well without claiming more taxpayers money....im not ashamed Lastlid...a perfectly legitimate thought.
    But in making that statement you are seeking to deny many folk a right to bring their fiancee or spouse here. You avidly supported the £26000 income threshold and the £18600 threshold. As Arthur and others have pointed out, it is perfectly possible to sponsor a spouse / fiancée on £18000 pa.

And as many have pointed out, the government estimate that people can get by on a lot less, as one can see by the level of benefits dished out to the unemployed. You can't seem to see that and openly begrudge the lower income earners from bringing in a spouse / fiancee when you have been lucky enough to have already established your wife here in the UK.

Banned

Etc etc etc
    I stand by that Lastlid...im not the contrary type.

Im not ashamed...nothing to be ashamed about...itz a privilege to bring someone, a loved one into this generous country...surely folks should act responsibly and make sure they have means of financial standing before even embarking on a relationship with a non EU citizen...surely if a ignorant un intelligent simply truck driver like myself can work that out why cant others...anyways, things to do here

Good Day.

Banned
    But in making that statement you are seeking to deny many folk a right to bring their fiancee or spouse here. You avidly supported the £26000 income threshold and the £18600 threshold. As Arthur and others have pointed out, it is perfectly possible to sponsor a spouse / fiancée on £18000 pa.

And as many have pointed out, the government estimate that people can get by on a lot less as one can see by the level of benefits dished out to the unemployed. You can't seem to see that and openly begrudge the lower income earners from bringing in a spouse / fiancee when you have been lucky enough to have already established your wife here in the UK.
    Well if you can live without benefits on 18k and still afford to support your new family without recourse...all well and good

The 26k was mooted becoz supposedly that is the figure benefits is paid out ...

Banned
    Anyways..im gone!

I stand by that Lastlid...im not the contrary type.

Im not ashamed...nothing to be ashamed about...itz a privilege to bring someone, a loved one into this generous country...surely folks should act responsibly and make sure they have means of financial standing before even embarking on a relationship with a non EU citizen...surely if a ignorant un intelligent simply truck driver like myself can work that out why cant others...anyways, things to do here

Good Day.
    I dont regard it as a priviledge I regard it as my right to bring my wife here. The last thing on my mind when I fell in love was could I afford to bring her here. Fortunately I never had to worry about the financial side of things. There are some amongst us who have worked hard all their lives but their incomes fall below the current threshold. I just don't think it's the job of a Government to decide if you are financially in a position to support the woman you fall in love with. Anybody else working here from an EU country can bring there spouse here without these thresholds being imposed so why is it ok to treat British citizens like this.
    In the case of many friends on this forum I'm sure most of their wives either work or intend working when they arrive.
    For me all this government has done is attack the easy targets to keep their immigration figures down. I'm sure if you spoke to most British Citizens this would not be their preferred way of tackling immigration problems in this country.

Absolutely BANG-ON, Marco ... so much so, that I tried to *award you further 'reputation' for Post #134 ... but was "greeted" by one of those infuriating pop-ups - informing me I "must spread some reputation around before giving it to you again".

... hopefully, it'll occur to someone ELSE to *do exactly that on my behalf! It is VERY-WELL DESERVED!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... hopefully, it'll occur to someone ELSE to do exactly that on my behalf! It is VERY-WELL DESERVED!
    Done.

Done.
    ... BIG

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I dont regard it as a priviledge I regard it as my right to bring my wife here. The last thing on my mind when I fell in love was could I afford to bring her here. Fortunately I never had to worry about the financial side of things. There are some amongst us who have worked hard all their lives but their incomes fall below the current threshold. I just don't think it's the job of a Government to decide if you are financially in a position to support the woman you fall in love with. Anybody else working here from an EU country can bring there spouse here without these thresholds being imposed so why is it ok to treat British citizens like this.
    In the case of many friends on this forum I'm sure most of their wives either work or intend working when they arrive.
    For me all this government has done is attack the easy targets to keep their immigration figures down. I'm sure if you spoke to most British Citizens this would not be their preferred way of tackling immigration problems in this country.
    Nice post marco thanks for the support guys. Like we have said before I dont know how they got to this figure of £18600 or £22400 for bringing 1 kid over. There is a north south divide as we all know. Im not knocking anyone who lives down south by the way. It is their choice. But I dont want someone from down there making decisions on how much we need to live on in the midlands and in the north.

And as many have pointed out, the government estimate that people can get by on a lot less, as one can see by the level of benefits dished out to the unemployed. You can't seem to see that and openly begrudge the lower income earners from bringing in a spouse / fiancee when you have been lucky enough to have already established your wife here in the UK.
    Basically what Gwapito is saying is all the people on here on low incomes who are trying to bring our wives here is that so we can claim benefits.

Banned
    Good post (reputation sent) Marco ...I agree, the government are picking on the easy targets much like speed cameras...the easy route as always....I also agree that most British would not make putting the boot into spouses of British citizens ideal way of lowering immigration figures.

The rest of your post...we will have to agree to disagree

You said you didn't go into your relationship thinking whether you could afford it or not.

..I find that hard to believe...its like saying most folks thinking about having babies don't think about the financial side....we all gotta a right to have babies just as we all have a right to marry whom we choose without financial thought?.

....I dont think so...we all have a responsibility for our actions...morally at least.

Banned

..I find that hard to believe...its like saying most folks thinking about having babies dont think about the financial side....we all gotta a right to have babies just has we all have a right to marry whom we chose without financial thought?.
    More nonsense. The chances are that many / most folk would have no idea that there would be stringent hurdles to clear to bring a spouse / fiancee to the UK, when they first entered into a relationship with someone outside of the EU. Some maybe. But only some. How many members of the general public would be familiar with current immigration regulations for spouse / fiancee visas?

Also, we aren't talking of financial thought here. We are talking more about knowing and predicting the governing parties policy on immigration and their strategies to counter it, if any. For some, it is only in the eyes of this government, when it suits them and of course yourself, that £18000 is not enough to sponsor a spouse / fiancee.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Basicly what Gwapito is saying is all the people on here on low incomes who are trying to bring our wives here is that so we can claim benefits.
    Im not saying that at all Andy......nothing against folks on low incomes.....what I have a problem with is folks already on benefits even before they have brought there loves ones over here....which begs another question...if folks are on all these benefits how on earth could they find the money to go to the Philippines in the first place.....so much for means testing.

I digress...I know most of our wives will take employment here sooner or later...even my wife will when mama arrives in January...thing is the powers that be cant work that into the equation when humming and hawing on whether to allow or not allow settlement.

I would imagine these Filipina will be the backbone of most of these families.

Banned
    More nonsense. The chances are that many / most folk would have no idea that there would be stringent hurdles to clear to bring a spouse / fiancee to the UK, when they first entered into a relationship with someone outside of the EU. Some maybe. But only some. How many members of the general public would be familiar with current immigration regulations for spouse / fiancee visas?
    Ooch!...very hurtful Lastlid.

In answer...I did

Banned
    Ooch!...very hurtful Lastlid.

In answer...I did
    You are obviously a smart cookie then.....

Banned

Etc etc etc
    Isn't this going off topic...I know your game Lastlid ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito;
    To be honest, if this proposed £ 26k minimum is going help reduce the welfare bill then surely it gotta be a good thing.

There are a whole raft of benefits to be claimed as a couple after the ILR is in there palms.

Surely, morally it isn't right to expect others to supplement there income. I know there's a long list of injustices going on right now in our country. By adding to it doesn't make it right.

Im afraid, for a very few, they could possibly become victims of our own generous (for some ) welfare system.
    Isn't this going off topic...I know your game Lastlid ...
    My "game" is simply to remind you that you have a long track record of seeking to exclude folk on the spousal route when they are on lower incomes. If you had your way, many more would be excluded, using a £26000pa minimum income threshold.

And your wanting people to vote in a party that isn't making itself clear on it's settlement route 5 year shutdown. ( Actually I reckon Farage was stating his intentions on the settlement route, on Question Time. )

Good post (reputation sent) Marco...I agree, the goverment are picking on the easy targets much like speed camaras...the easy route as always....I also agree that most British would not make putting the boot into spouses of British citizens ideal way of lowering immigration figures.

The rest of your post...we will have to agree to disagree

You said you didn't go into your relationship thinking whether you could afford it or not.

..I find that hard to believe...its like saying most folks thinking about having babies dont think about the financial side....we all gotta a right to have babies just has we all have a right to marry whom we chose without financial thought?.

....I dont think so...we all have a responsibility for our actions...morally at least.
    I'll agree with you about Babies my friend. You're bound to look at the financial side particularly in determining how many you're going to have. It's the right thing to do.
    What your forgetting is that a lot of us here have been married before. I'm sure most if not all of us never had to put up with this much Government interference in our first marriage so never anticipated or thought about it this time around. I was already married when I joined this forum and it was only then I became aware of what people were going through to bring their wives here.
    You also talk about moral obligations. Well I think this government has a moral obligation to treat it's own citizens exactly the same if not better than people from the EU. Surely you'll agree that it can never be right that if you had a Polish neighbour in exactly the same situation as you he would be treated better than you in our country.

Banned
    What your forgetting is that alot of us here have been married before. I'm sure most if not all of us never had to put up with this much Government interference in our first marriage so never anticipated or thought about it this time around. I was already married when I joined this forum and it was only then I became aware of what people were going through to bring their wives here.
    Yes. There are many that have been caught out by this, in my opinion. It isn't long ago that the doors were wide open. I count myself very lucky that I managed to marry my wife at the "right time", if you see what I mean and was able to satisfy the ever tightening requirements of the incoming Conservative party. Just luck on my part. So I don't begrudge others succeeding either.

Banned
    I'll agree with you about Babies my friend. You're bound to look at the financial side particularly in determining how many you're going to have. It's the right thing to do.
    What your forgetting is that alot of us here have been married before. I'm sure most if not all of us never had to put up with this much Government interference in our first marriage so never anticipated or thought about it this time around. I was already married when I joined this forum and it was only then I became aware of what people were going through to bring their wives here.
    You also talk about moral obligations. Well I think this government has a moral obligation to treat it's own citizens exactly the same if not better than people from the EU. Surely you'll agree that it can never be right that if you had a Polish neighbour in exactly the same situation as you he would be treated better than you in our country.
    Point taken Marco...on reflection, I thoroughly agree.

I Lastlid dont begrudge anybody a settlement visa if they can financially stand alone...perfectly reasonable one thinks....you keep harping about the 26k...that figure was put forward because that figure and below is where you cld avail yourself to the public purse......not as you are saying plucked out of thin air or out of malice.

Banned
    Point taken Marco...on reflection, I throughly agree.

I Lastlid dont begrudge anybody a settlement visa if they can financially stand alone...perfectly reasonable one thinks....you keep harping about the 26k...that figure was put forward because that figure and below is where you cld avail yourself to the public purse......not as you are saying plucked out of thin air or out of malice.
    ( But you avail yourself to the public purse. )

Exactly, it wasn't plucked out of thin air. But it was generated erroneously and out of lack of care for those on lower incomes. It didn't need to be £26000 and it doesnt need to be £18600 either. Same old same old eh. Just simply an I am alright Jack approach from you.

How would you have liked it if the government had gone higher and precluded your wife / fiancee from getting into the UK? You wouldn't be all for it then.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information