Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

UK attitudes on immigration and welfare 'toughening'

"And on immigration, the report suggests British people "strongly favour migrants they see to be socially beneficial", according to the report.

Some 51% would like to see immigration levels "reduce a lot", a figure which has risen from 39% in 1995."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19621020

It will be seen as a boost to the Government’s plans to cut net migration – the number of people added to the population every year – from the current level of more than 200,000 to the “tens of thousands” by 2015.
    "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...migration.html

I think there's alot of truth in there. I feel that the free movement of people within the EU has had a dramatic effect particularly on the less skilled. Even in my own place of work 10 years ago it was mainly African immigrants who were employed. These days there has been a dramatic increase in people from Eastern Europe. I can see why people are concerned because if it carries on increasing at the same rate I can see many problems ahead.

Respected Member
    Immigration also has to look into Eastern Europeans who come over to live and work but speak few English.

Banned
    There has been a huge increase in crime committed by foreign immigrants. One in eight convicts are now from overseas - if we had less limp wristed lily livered judges and more that believed in protecting the public from these germs that figure would be something like one in two

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    Immigration also has to look into Eastern Europeans who come over to live and work but speak few English.
    Absolutely agree....to quote the Daily Mail September 26.

'' Immigration fuels 4 million population rise in just ten years''

'' The increase pushed up population at its fastest rate during the past 100 years.

'' Coalition ministers have pledged to reduce levels of net migration to those of the 1990's
    Lower than 100, 000 a year. But latest figures show the annual total is still above 200, 000.

The population is around 63 million.Teresa May has dismissed fears that UK population of 70 million likely to be reached by 2027 will put too much strain on housing transport education and other state services''

Banned
    Tried to quote Marco's post # 2 ...unsuccessfully

Anyway, Sir Andrew Green of the Migration Watch think tank, said '' This is further evidence to show that we must get immigration under control. It is driving the populationup and up in numbers that we never seen before''

Respected Member
    I worked with loads of Eastern Europeans they come over with their family. Applied for council houses and got the priority. Applied for child benefit and low income benefit. All these Eastern Europeans get when they step into UK. They don't get them benefits from their country no wonder why they all coming over.
    I don't generalize them all but that's what they are doing. Then why Government blame this Immigrants from other countries that need visas? Visa is expensive and difficult to get and not everyone can afford. And once them immigrants come over they wont get any single penny from the government aside from the free health care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    I worked with loads of Eastern Europeans they come over with their family. Applied for council houses and got the priority. Applied for child benefit and low income benefit. All these Eastern Europeans get when they step into UK. They don't get them benefits from their country no wonder why they all coming over.
    I don't generalize them all but that's what they are doing. Then why Government blame this Immigrants from other countries that need visas? Visa is expensive and difficult to get and not everyone can afford. And once them immigrants come over they wont get any single penny from the government aside from the free health care.
    Absolutely agree again...like you said British partners of spouses have gotta shell out no end of money to get there loved ones here THEN on arrival without recourse to public funds when in fact the British partner has probably been contributing for donkeys years.

Then these new Europeans land on our shores with basically more in common with folks from Mars trousering bucket fulls of readies plus a council house to boot...disgraceful, I say

We gotta be given the referendum on the EU membership as promised by Cammeron...I honestly cant see it happening with this coalition or with a Lab/Lib coalition...

Respected Member
    Pisses me off. Government should act now before its too late.

Banned
    Blair is 100% to blame, I wish the worst for him, his wife and his cohorts

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Absolutely agree again...like you said British partners of spouses have gotta shell out no end of money to get there loved ones here THEN on arrival without recourse to public funds when in fact the British partner has probably been contributing for donkeys years.

Then these new Europeans land on our shores with basically more in common with folks from Mars trousering bucket fulls of readies plus a council house to boot...disgraceful, I say

We gotta be given the referendum on the EU membership as promised by Cammeron...I honestly cant see it happening with this coalition or with a Lab/Lib coalition...
    On some things we can agree wholeheartedly. The EU and our contined membership of it is bleeding this country dry.
    If people are blind to it they should come to London for a week. They walk round like they own the place

Thread Information