Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Storage. Have a look in Cheshire. They banged out a few holes in the ground there for that very reason, only a few years ago. Maybe not enough though....but as far as I know the campaign was being extended.

Quite a canny project actually. Pumping gas into holes washed out in the salt under the ground in Cheshire. I know people that worked on it.

http://www.eon-uk.com/generation/gas_storage.aspx

Seems they have been doing the same in Yorkshire. I hope the HSE are operating there as I wouldnt like to think all that gas blew the arsenal out of Grahams back yard....
    Not enough holes though

Britain has less gas storage capacity, relative to its annual
    demand of around 80 billion cubic metres, than other major European gas consumers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Sorry Ded but that was the word I was looking for SOLD OFF thats what thatcher and the tories do. To be honest in my opinion she thatcher should not be buried she should be burnt at the stake. She wrecked the west midlands engineering industry that employed millions. That will never come back.
    Andy weren't the Unions responsible for wrecking the UK Car Industry and this ruined many West Mids component suppliers. I know the UK Car building industry has made a bit of a comeback but I suspect a lot of the components used are foreign because we no longer make them ourselves. Companies like GKN, Lucas, T & N employed 1000's

Banned
    Oh. Our old friend the HSE....helping to ensure that gas is stored underground in Cheshire and Yorkshire respectively, safely.

"Salt cavity natural gas storage - Consent and operational issues

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/supply/saltcavity.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Not enough holes though

demand of around 80 billion cubic metres, than other major European gas consumers.
    Then we need to drill more, particularly under Yorkshire, where we can slacken off on the old HSE.

Sorry Ded but that was the word I was looking for SOLD OFF thats what thatcher and the tories do. To be honest in my opinion she thatcher should not be buried she should be burnt at the stake. She wrecked the west midlands engineering industry that employed millions. That will never come back.

Andy weren't the Unions responsible for wrecking the UK Car Industry and this ruined many West Mids component suppliers. I know the UK Car building industry has made a bit of a comeback but I suspect a lot of the components used are foreign because we no longer make components
    Your right and wrong Ded. The unions did not wreck the industry. Thatcher closed them down just like she did with the mines. No investment. And you are right the uk does not make many parts for cars now because it had a knock on effect when the big companies were closed down. Take a look at JAGUAR LAND ROVER. Who owns it? We will be held to ransom again if the indians pull out how many jobs will go?

Banned
    Not enough holes though

Take a look at this. I know guys who worked here. Looks like they are cracking on with it.
    The project includes the creation of 28 caverns at a depth of 600m in three phases between 2013 and 2018. The first ten caverns of the first phase are expected to be commissioned in 2013. The facility is expected to be fully operational by 2018.

I nearly took a trip there myself as I needed some videos taken of the operation.

http://www.hydrocarbons-technology.c...orage-project/

Laslid Im not going to question you on this mate you know what your talking about. But what I will say is I will not be surprised if this project is scrapped through lack of funding.

Banned
    Laslid Im not going to question you on this mate you know what your talking about. But what I will say is I will not be surprised if this project is scrapped through lack of funding.
    You might be right. It looks like the project is well underway. A heap had been drilled by 2008 and they recommenced work a couple of years later. I don't actually know their status right now. But I hope that they don't scrap it, from the consumers point of view.

Look at it another way the more we pay the more tax the government will get.

Banned
    This suggests it is still ongoing, as of June of this year. So maybe we will see cheaper UK gas prices eventually.

"Interserve, the international support services and construction group, has won a contract worth over £5 million to provide pipework fabrication and mechanical services for a new gas storage facility in Stublach, Cheshire.

http://www.interserve.com/news-media...torage-project

Banned
    I did take time to read it we are talking about this country not the phils. I honestly dont know what planet your on? Like I said before your alright JACK.
    Actually im on the looking at the bigger spectrum planet.

Im comparing living expenses here and the Philippines...that's what my good lady does.

Yes, expensive here but at least after we put expensive fuel in our cars...paid our expensive utilities etc we can still eat without going cap in hand to friends and relatives and save for holidays halfway around the world namely, the Philippines.

Over there its quite different...Graham we tell you that.

Dame Margaret Thatcher was a knighted for goodness sakes....on the whole people who fail dont get knighted.

She may of been disliked up north but down here in the South she was loved.....as I said before, if she was so unpopular as you claim how come she was prime minister for so many years.

Remember the three day week?....that was labour's fault.

Who owns interserve Lastlid?

Banned
    Dont know. I notice they have a big contract with the NHS. Based in Reading, Berkshire. Also the home of Dedworth and British Gas.

Looks like it could be British.

http://www.interserve.com/

[QUOTE=gWaPito;388424]Actually im on the looking at the bigger spectrum planet.

Im comparing living expenses here and the Philippines...that's what my good lady does.

Yes, expensive here but at least after we put expensive fuel in our cars...paid our expensive utilities etc we can still eat without going cap in hand to friends and relatives and save for holidays halfway around the world namely, the Philippines.

You ever heard of foodbanks? How many kids are there now having free school dinners?
    You havnt got a clue have you?

The reality is YOU gwapito can put fuel in your car. YOU gwapito can afford expensive utilities. YOU gwapito can afford to go half way round the world. So everything is ok.

Banned
    The reality is YOU gwapito can put fuel in your car. YOU gwapito can afford expensive utilities. YOU gwapito can afford to go half way round the world. So everything is ok.
    im getting the distinct impression you dont like me very much

Anyway, there is a moral to this story.....

I'll say no more on this thread.

Its your attitude I dont like. I will just remind you there hard working honest people on this forum who are not as fortunate as you so spare a thought for them. I have met people like you in the past when everything is ok they dont care but when the crap hits the fan they turn round and start asking questions as to why they cant get a job or how can they feed their kids? That is the real world we live in. Its a well known fact that the thatcher era bred people like you who dont give a toss about others. Sorry about messing your thread up Ded..

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Dame Margaret Thatcher was a knighted for goodness sakes....on the whole people who fail dont get knighted.

She may of been disliked up north but down here in the South she was loved.....as I said before, if she was so unpopular as you claim how come she was prime minister for so many years.

i think your the only one who loves her gWaPito , the southerners who love thatcher are they the same ones who voted for the Labour Party to win three consecutive general election victories
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think your the only one who loves her gWaPito , the southerners who love thatcher are they the same ones who voted for the Labour Party to win three consecutive general election victories
    Loadsamoney......

I was going to mention that Joe.

Banned
    I wish you guys would read posts on threads you are commenting about...really so annoying.....Graham stated towards the end of her relm it all started going pear shaped ending with her own putting the knife in her back.

Thus the decline of the conservative party...Hague was brilliant even Portilo would of made a great prime minister but the liberal cancer had already taken hold by then.

This day on only UKIP can save our nation...dont waste your vote by not voting then have the bear faced cheek to moan about the state of our elected goverment.

Banned
    Old British Leyland Advert

Portilo would of made a great prime minister dont waste your vote by not voting then have the bear faced cheek to moan about the state of our elected goverment.[/QUOTE]

i must agree with this about portilo, with what i know, but i dont vote and yes may moan a little who ever is in, but hey its a free country

I wish you guys would read posts on threads you are commenting about...really so annoying.....Graham stated towards the end of her relm it all started going pear shaped ending with her own putting the knife in her back.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Portilo would of made a great prime minister dont waste your vote by not voting then have the bear faced cheek to moan about the state of our elected goverment.
    i must agree with this about portilo, with what i know, but i dont vote and yes may moan a little who ever is in, but hey its a free country[/QUOTE]

' I dont vote' 'moan' and 'free country'...this surprisingly (considering us Brits have short arms with deep pockets) is the view of over half of the electorate.

Quite a terrible situation...schools of all levels should make politics a staple of daily life...getting the kids to form there own opinions rather than go with what there parents have told them.

we are in a terrible situation, whos ever fault it is, and maybe it started back in the 70s but i think if it carried on how it was with the strikes , 3 day week, powercuts and all that we had in them days given by the unions and the goverment, we would be just like greece, and spain, are now, i did like thacher myself, infact i think that may have been the last time i voted, but as many said in the end she stayed on for two long, another thing here is even though we have a great deal of sympathy to our fellow members about visas, the cost of this and that, all we can do is listern and give advice if we can, Number 1 person or people to look after is your own family and then friends

Banned
    Anybody notice which party had all the luck with North Sea oil coming on stream? And its affects on the fortunes of the respective parties? And what the respective parties have done with it....

Banned
    And heres an interesting article from march 2012. See what Norway did they we didnt....

"Britain has squandered golden opportunity North Sea oil promised
    Norway saved up its North Sea revenue to pay for an ageing population, but the UK has frittered its windfall away

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/e...nue-squandered

Banned
    More Oil Gloom

"Who gets the oil in the event of Scottish independence? It depends who you speak to and any division of the spoils will be hotly fought over by politicians in Edinburgh and London. If you draw a median line out across the North Sea from the border then 90% of the oil tax revenues will accrue to Scotland. If the calculation is done on the basis of population then that figure will be reduced to 9%, according to the (London-based) National Institute of Economic and Social Research (Niesr)."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/r...me-independent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information