Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    We are still waiting too Rayna although ours is just a mere 7 months and 2 weeks old and it seems whatever u do or say it falls on stony ground and they dont have the courtesy or decency to give u a sensible response or even a timescale for a successful outcome . What a sorry state of affairs the system has become and maybe UKBA are on a course to implode as they seem totally incapable of providing any kind of service and are just a cash cow for this shameless government we have been saddled with.

definitely something has gone wrong recently, maybe its the job cuts, i think it was a 20% cut in the work force, for years it took exactly 4wks in many cases to receive FLR or ILR. some have been waiting 7 or 8 months is totally unacceptable
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    The problem is that it pushes you (applicants in the future) to go for the more expensive alternative. Maybe that is their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    The problem is that it pushes you (applicants in the future) to go for the more expensive alternative. Maybe that is their plan.
    line of thinking makes sense. ... thing IS, though, of late, we've seen lots of folk on here trying in vain to secure an appointment at one or other of the seven UKBA Public Enquiry Offices up and down the country ... even IF, in many cases, it entailed applicants travelling a considerable distance - not to mention their willingness to fork out the grossly exhorbitant additional costs involved - in order to do so ... all for the sake of avoiding the stress factor inherent in the UNREASONABLY lengthy waiting periods we've become accustomed to witnessing for those applying for [what ought to be] straightforward 'Leave to Remain' in recent times.

IMO ... it's a seemingly endless vicious circle!

Red face

guys, we will call the UKBA tomorrow regarding my pending FLR(M) application, it's been a long and painful 6 months of waiting already. i hope and pray for a positive response from them
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

We had a reply in writing last week stating that it was still in the queue for consideration and that FLR's were being dealt with in date order. Ours is now 7 1/2 months old so it would be interesting to know if anyone in the forum applied after april and has received their FLR in which case it calls into question the statement issued by UKBA.

we called the ukba earlier (surprisingly it only took 5mins from them to answer) and as expected no luck but they said my application has been processed and so far there are no red flags, it's just a matter of waiting.
    well at least i now know what's going on.
    I will try to enjoy my FIRST christmas in england with my husband and hopefully i will get the result soon

Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    I will try to enjoy my FIRST christmas in england with my husband and hopefully i will get the result soon
    you'll have a great time if it snows

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you'll have a great time if it snows

yeah i love snow

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    No update yet... but just want to share this..I know someone posted a news article about the same thing (UKBA lost some of the applicant's documents)...things like these make me nervous about my application!

Shiva Chopra left an annotation (18 December 2012)

Applied FLR(M) on 28th March 2012 for my Wife and Daughter. Both on Fiance Visa.

Biometrics for Wife done on 21st April 2012.
    Biometrics for Daughter done on 8th May 2012. Delayed due the Post Office scanner unable to read the barcode on the letter sent by UKBA.

8+ Months since our application. No updates from UKBA until 13th Dec 2012.

After countless complaints and getting the local MP involved. Thanks to our local MP. We received update from UKBA on 15th Dec 2012.

UKBA update = They have processed our application but LOST my wife's passport. Expecting Biometrics cards today and need to apply for duplicate passport for my wife.

No wonder they were not processing our application or replying to us. How do you process an application for which you have already lost the passport of?

Most irresponsible and unprofessional goverment agency we have ever come across. Total waste of time and money.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...ncoming-344058
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Keep copies of everything people !

They may be your defence in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    We had a reply in writing last week stating that it was still in the queue for consideration and that FLR's were being dealt with in date order.
    A comment we now know is clearly a lie, based on visa's received by people on this forum and others.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

if you dont get a response by then, maybe worth contacting your MP and ask them to complain to http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

but its a joke, they should be forced to refund your money if it takes longer than 3 months, even 3 months is very poor service.
    21st December and I got no response from the NEYH Customer Service Unit about my complaint. 3 days late of their 20 day target date. I called and email them for an update and the guy on the other line told me there's no update from the system about my complaint yet. Also called UKBA for an update and as usual STILL PENDING STATUS!!!!!!!!! So I sent an email to our MP again to file a complaint to the ombudsman. I got a response from the MP's secretary forwarding my email to her colleague to handle my concerns and told me I'd be contacted.

BLOODY UKBA!!!!!!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Yes Rayna, they are a right bunch of swiss bankers, our application is now 8 months old ,what an appalling service and such a waste of our hard earned money to be treated like this but sadly I dont expect they are accountable to anyone and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    21st December and I got no response from the NEYH Customer Service Unit about my complaint. 3 days late of their 20 day target date. I called and email them for an update and the guy on the other line told me there's no update from the system about my complaint yet. Also called UKBA for an update and as usual STILL PENDING STATUS!!!!!!!!! So I sent an email to our MP again to file a complaint to the ombudsman. I got a response from the MP's secretary forwarding my email to her colleague to handle my concerns and told me I'd be contacted.

BLOODY UKBA!!!!!!
    Sounds like you've done everything you possibly could - just for the sake of good order and dotting the i's and crossing the t's it might be worth meeting the local MP at his/her local surgery

hang on though I forgot Christmas Recess till 1st March

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Sounds like you've done everything you possibly could - just for the sake of good order and dotting the i's and crossing the t's it might be worth meeting the local MP at his/her local surgery

hang on though I forgot Christmas Recess till 1st March
    -=rayna.keith=-

Just look at all the search terms people are coming here by at the bottom of this page, and they are just the frequently used ones, I have many many more in the database.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

hopefully early month of 2013 we all receive a positive response from the UKBA

ANY NEWS ABOUT YOUR FLR(m) APPLICATION GUYS?

Still no luck with us Ana, 8 1/2 months to date so its nothing short of a national disgrace considering the costs invloved.

Still waiting...for 9 months and 2 weeks now
    -=rayna.keith=-

same here 7 months and 2 weeks

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Four months and two weeks of waiting....
    Not so long, BUT no Biometrics appointment yet...
    So I suppose, it will take two years to arrive.....
    To UKBA be the GLORY!
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    To UKBA be the GLORY!
    You better call UKBA about your biometrics letter jlags..4 months is a long wait just for biometrics.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    To UKBA be the GLORY!
    You better call UKBA about your biometrics letter jlags..4 months is a long wait just for biometrics.
    oh my! yeah i think you should.
    the ukba are too much already.

i know lots of people have been waiting longer than me but this is starting to get me really depressed

I just got a copy of letter that my MP sent to Secretary of State and UKBA today. He's complaining about the process of UKBA and demanding an immediate response with regards to the way they handle my application and complaints as I haven't heard anything from UKBA and my application is still pending. He said on the letter that he would file a complaint to the ombudsman upon getting a response. I'm just gonna wait and see (AS USUAL) if something would happen or not.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I just got a copy of letter that my MP sent to Secretary of State and UKBA today. He's complaining about the process of UKBA and demanding an immediate response with regards to the way they handle my application and complaints as I haven't heard anything from UKBA and my application is still pending. He said on the letter that he would file a complaint to the ombudsman upon getting a response. I'm just gonna wait and see (AS USUAL) if something would happen or not.
    this news makes me more depressed. how long should we wait for it?!

He said on the letter that he would file a complaint to the ombudsman upon getting a response.
    i dont think you will be waiting too long now

i dont think you will be waiting too long now
    Oh I hope so Joe! Lots of plans have been put on hold because of this visa! Add the fact that my passport would expire on September this year and I have to file renewal of BRP and wait again!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information