Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    We have been waiting 5 1/2 months now for FLR, I could almost tolerate the wait if the service was free but they charge top dollar for such an appalling service so should hang their heads in shame.
    My sentiment entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    My sentiment entirely.
    ... MINE too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... MINE too!!
    That's God's honest truth! ! Okay ... MY wife has "run the full gamut"; she's been in the UK for more than 31/2 years and is now a British Citizen. However, it most CERTAINLY doesn't stop me from feeling genuine empathy with Rayna, Malcolm & Loida, Miss Ana and the many others currently awaiting their legal 'RIGHT' to Remain and/or Permanent Residence ... both of which are - or OUGHT to be - implicit, straightforward formalities ... leading on from the hard graft ... the "spadework" ... not to mention the HUGE expense ALREADY entailed ... in order to entitle them to join their partners here in the first place. Delays of 6 months and more to deal with what SHOULD be natural, follow-up extensions to the lawfully-wedded spouses of native Britons are totally unacceptable.

Banned
    What is distressing about this, if your application is in there hands is they have got you under house arrest...without a passport you can't go anywhere..your life is on hold. Its criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I just saw that our MP here is Tory!!!
    Well ... ... regardless of his/her political affiliations ... he/she - as your elected Member of Parliament - has an idisputable moral obligation to act, first and foremost, in accordance with the best interests of his/her constituents.

Failure [on his/her part] to do so is likely to consign him/her to HIStory! And he/she knows that full well.

Good Luck, Rayna!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    What is distressing about this, if your application is in their hands is they have got you under house arrest...without a passport you can't go anywhere...your life is on hold. It's criminal.
    I am on house arrest already gwapito. That's what I'm tired of telling my friends

Painted two rooms in the house already... Husband doesn't want to do more coats in the bathroom....

Who else wants to have their house painted? IT'S FREE!
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post

Painted two rooms in the house already...
    ... ...

... thank God for "small mercies"!!! ... that's at least ONE type of "voluntary" work the blasted Government CAN'T prevent you from doing : ... not YET,anyway!

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    ... ...

... thank God for "small mercies"!!! ... that's at least ONE type of "voluntary" work the blasted Government CAN'T prevent you from doing : ... not YET,anyway!
    Most of our neighbours know I have been painting some parts of the house...
    Oh , I hope they won't tell UKBA that I am working... Hahahaha!

If they won't allow me to paint, then, I'll just repair our house's roof.... lol
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

That's God's honest truth! ! Okay ... MY wife has "run the full gamut"; she's been in the UK for more than 31/2 years and is now a British Citizen. However, it most CERTAINLY doesn't stop me from feeling genuine empathy with Rayna, Malcolm & Loida, Miss Ana and the many others currently awaiting their legal 'RIGHT' to Remain and/or Permanent Residence ... both of which are - or OUGHT to be - implicit, straightforward formalities ... leading on from the hard graft ... the "spadework" ... not to mention the HUGE expense ALREADY entailed ... in order to entitle them to join their partners here in the first place. Delays of 6 months and more to deal with what SHOULD be natural, follow-up extensions to the lawfully-wedded spouses of native Britons are totally unacceptable.
    Very eloquently put Arthur,all of us at some time or other go through this long winded scenario and it would put many a mind at rest if the process took a reasonable length of time taking into account the outrageous cost of doing the right thing rather than what so many do and flaunt the rules and even get away with it.
    I havent mentioned this before but Loida is 9 months pregnant and due to give birth any day soon so receipt of her FLR this coming week would be the icing on the cake for us and give us peace of mind until the final hurdle of ILR rears it very expensive head.

Banned
    ....... and give us peace of mind until the final hurdle of ILR rears it very expensive head.
    I don't know if my thinking is right but I tend to think our cases are stronger as we approach ILR, after the birth of any offspring, here in Britain.

we applied for the ILR visa in JUly and last week got a biomentric letter- 2 months later

i am due to fly abroad beginning of december which i thought would be plenty of time.....

again they took our money within a week

dont these people realise that we have lives that we have to get on with- i have already had to miss one trip abroad with work cos of no passport

its absolutly disgrsaceful- they have had my passport for months surely they can check what they need to in that time and return it

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Just an update..I wrote to the local MP last Friday about this UKBA shambles, complaining about how slow they are..His secretary replied to me right away that she forwarded the email to her colleague..and this morning, I got a call from that guy asking me about the case reference number and other details and told me he would be chasing this case and send UKBA a follow up. I was actually surprised he called me up considering it's Sunday! Anyway, I just hope something good would finally happen!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Well done Rayna
    Hope something will happen soon. It's really a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Well done Rayna
    Hope something will happen soon. It's really a disgrace
    ... here's wishing you all the very best, Rayna.

Rayna
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    I am on house arrest already gwapito. That's what I'm tired of telling my friends

Painted two rooms in the house already... Husband doesn't want to do more coats in the bathroom....

Who else wants to have their house painted? IT'S FREE!
    I did our house through while on paternity leave last year..not an ideal time to do it, with new baby in the house...still, its done now

E mail just been sent to my MP with Theresa May in copy if I get any kind of reply, ill let u all know.

E mail just been sent to my MP with Theresa May in copy if I get any kind of reply, ill let u all know.
    Well done, Malcolm ... my very best wishes to you and Loida also.

UPDATE

Well, still not a positive update though! Anyway, I got a response from the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber (NEYH) Customer Service Unit of UKBA regarding my complaint that I sent them last week. It just said that they received my complaint letter last 20th November. The letter also said that they aim to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days. But they cannot provide any progress check of the complaint until after the 20 day target date has passed, which they said is after 18th December.

Oh well, I did everything I can to get them to process my application..it's really hopeless and just an agonizing constant waiting game.. My application has reached its 8th month yesterday! Also, no use emailing Theresa May as she has never read any emails I sent. I always tick the option read receipt when I sent emails to her and our local MP so I'd know if they have read it, but I NEVER once got any read receipt from Theresa May.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

UPDATE

Well, still not a positive update though! Anyway, I got a response from the North East, Yorkshire and the Humber (NEYH) Customer Service Unit of UKBA regarding my complaint that I sent them last week. It just said that they received my complaint letter last 20th November. The letter also said that they aim to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days. But they cannot provide any progress check of the complaint until after the 20 day target date has passed, which they said is after 18th December.

Oh well, I did everything I can to get them to process my application..it's really hopeless and just an agonizing constant waiting game.. My application has reached its 8th month yesterday! Also, no use emailing Theresa May as she has never read any emails I sent. I always tick the option read receipt when I sent emails to her and our local MP so I'd know if they have read it, but I NEVER once got any read receipt from Theresa May.
    they are getting ridiculous
    No amount of makeup can mask an ugly heart

Banned
    UPDATE

I am joking when I say this but I wonder if my wife will get ILR before you get FLR?

Also, I wonder if when someone applies for ILR they are still waiting for the result of their FLR application?

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I am joking when I say this but I wonder if my wife will get ILR before you get FLR?

Also, I wonder if when someone applies for ILR they are still waiting for the result of their FLR application?
    That's what Keith and I were talking about..by 2014, I would be on my 3rd year of residency in the UK, would qualify already for the required years of stay for citizenship, but would probably still be on the FLR(M)'s first year of validity.
    -=rayna.keith=-

UPDATE

You wont get a email from that stone faced bitch May. Just keep your chin up.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    You wont get a email from that stone faced bitch May. Just keep your chin up.
    hahaha..your description of her Andy made me laugh!
    -=rayna.keith=-

hahaha..your description of her Andy made me laugh!
    You have my full sympathy. You are legally here and you deserve to be treated better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    You have my full sympathy. You are legally here and you deserve to be treated better than that.
    thanks for that Andy.. you really just can't figure out how UKBA people do their work.. If you pay the extra £300, they can give their decision in just a matter of 30mins the least..seems like money talks for them
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member
    Sorry to hear they still are not giving you any info. Our thoughts are with you.

thanks for that Andy.. you really just can't figure out how UKBA people do their work.. If you pay the extra £300, they can give their decision in just a matter of 30mins the least..seems like money talks for them
    And my wife tells me the philippines is corrupt. I keep telling her this place is too. Just hang in there it will come good in the end.

UPDATE

The letter also said that they aim to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days. But they cannot provide any progress check of the complaint until after the 20 day target date has passed, which they said is after 18th December.

if you dont get a response by then, maybe worth contacting your MP and ask them to complain to http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

but its a joke, they should be forced to refund your money if it takes longer than 3 months, even 3 months is very poor service.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if you dont get a response by then, maybe worth contacting your MP and ask them to complain to http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

but its a joke, they should be forced to refund your money if it takes longer than 3 months, even 3 months is very poor service.
    Thanks for this Joe. I will do that if nothing would happen after 20 working days. This really is so unfair.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information