Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    after all the frustrations that you've been through..u deserve this priceless gift..happy for both of you
    be positive,everything is gonna be ok

Banned
    To be honest, this is a major blunder on the part of the ECO. And confirms to me that they don't have a foolproof series of doublechecks in place to deal with such blunders. Clearly this ECO wasn't aware of the new ruling.

Amazing.

Yes I am very happy for both of you of course. But he might not appreciate me posting this but spare a thought for bigmarco and his wife they have been through a lot and have to go to a appeal. The very best of luck to you Bigmarco and your wife. Im sure you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    To be honest, this is a major blunder on the part of the ECO. And confirms to me that they don't have a foolproof series of doublechecks in place to deal with such blunders. Clearly this ECO wasn't aware of the new ruling.

Amazing.
    Like I said before Lastlid 6" high letters and make sure everything is clear to them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Like I said before Lastlid 6" high letters and make sure everything is clear to them.
    Yep. Exactly.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines.....

Quote Originally Posted by DanandClavs View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines.....
    Strictly speaking Chest X-Ray is not stipulated by UKBA guidelines.
    However, the Immigration Officers at the border control can and sometimes do request that they want it done at the airport. It depends on the airport also. Not all airports have that facility.
    It's not a major issue just a short delay.

its better to be prepare that to be stuck at the airport ..

as the other members said ... your lucky if they don't ask about your chest x'ray ..

Trusted Member
    " Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you are not required to take the TB screening if you are from the Philippines..... "

" Strictly speaking Chest X-Ray is not stipulated by UKBA guidelines.
    However, the Immigration Officers at the border control can and sometimes do request that they want it done at the airport. It depends on the airport also. Not all airports have that facility.
    It's not a major issue just a short delay. "
    " ...its better to be prepare that to be stuck at the airport ..

as the other members said ... your lucky if they don't ask about your chest x'ray . "

TB is a major global public health problem, the Philippines being one of the countries where it is especially serious. So, while you may “ get away with “ not being asked for a chest X Ray for the time being, changes are planned over the next year or so.

It’s intended that airport-based screening ( where it exists ) will be replaced with a pre – entry screening programme – and this WILL apply to the Philippines. Migrants wanting to enter the UK for more than 6 months will need to be screened before they are granted a visa. The UK government claims this will save the taxpayer, by not screening here and also requiring treatment – if needed - in the country of origin.
    Pre – entry screening is especially important to pick up active lung TB, as it has the greatest risk of infecting others. Public health action at airports to protect against people with infectious TB will remain.
    Screening for TB may include – in addition to a chest X Ray – a Mantoux skin test, a blood test , sputum ( spit ) sample if you have a cough, and possibly others . The cost - effectively added to that of the visa – will depend on where, and what, tests are available and treatment needed.

The actual chances of an intending partner, fiancée or spouse of a forum member having TB are slight. Those most at risk are people with HIV/AIDS, homeless, slum dwellers, refugees, illegal migrants, alcoholics, people who misuse substances, prisoners, miners, people on immunosuppressives, those with cancer and malnutrition, and health workers ( who are aware of the risk ).
    See also :-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....long-way-to-go. ( #20 )
    http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-c...uberculosis-UK
    http://www.hpa.org.uk/NewsCentre/Nat...22TBscreening/
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...may/42-tb-test

I see, I didn't realise it would even be an issue. So how much have you paid for your TB screens ? and do they have the facility to screen at Heathrow ?? Also, how long would it hold you up if they insisted on the screening at the airport ??

I see, I didn't realise it would even be an issue. So how much have you paid for your TB screens ? and do they have the facility to screen at Heathrow ?? Also, how long would it hold you up if they insisted on the screening at the airport ??
    Chest Xray at Heathrow airport is free of charge . fewer the immigrants who has not had their cxr done the quicker you can get it done. I was stuck also at the airport for 3 hours .

i got my x'ray for 200php in private clinic and i've got the result the next day ..Jehzroblenida get here chest x'ray done in UE yesterday and she paid 900php , she will get her x'ray result tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by travina View Post
    Chest Xray at Heathrow airport is free of charge . fewer the immigrants who has not had their cxr done the quicker you can get it done. I was stuck also at the airport for 3 hours .
    me ??? i stucked for almost 2hrs only for the queue in immigration and not because for the chest x ray

Thank you guys for 200Php £3 ! I think i'l send her for the x-ray... 3 hours delay after that long flight would have me

Quote Originally Posted by rhaichard View Post
    me ??? i stucked for almost 2hrs only for the queue in immigration and not because for the chest x ray
    Crikey Rhaichard.. why the hell was that..? Im sure whoever was picking you up from the airport was none too pleased either..

Crikey Rhaichard.. why the hell was that..? Im sure whoever was picking you up from the airport was none too pleased either..
    yeah im sure , but my hubby's with me at that time ... he also on my side when im in the queue instead go to quickest passport checking for him

a lot of arrival of foreign people want to visit at that time .. its 10th december last year ... and a lot of staff is on striked

Thank you guys for 200Php £3 ! I think i'l send her for the x-ray... 3 hours delay after that long flight would have me
    19hrs in the plane plus the stopover

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information