Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie (Restricted Access) CATHERINEOFENDA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CATHERINEOFENDA View Post
    is there any other way... a lot of people is discouraging me... i dont think its impossible though... =(
    Hello Cathy! Welcome to the forum.
    Based from my experienced, I was already here in the UK and working in a Hospital but my visa was expiring and NHS has stopped sponsoring their staff due to financial problems. So I want back home to the Philippines together with a supporting letter from my matron incase i want to apply from the UKBA but when i read about the work visa, I thought i will never get one as I definitely need a reference from my sponsor even i had the rest of the qualifications. Plus the cost of the visa which was £450 for a working permit that i have to pay.
    A lot of people were prepared to get on the student visa coming over here to work in a nursing home and studying like 3 days a week and working in the weekends. Before there was no limit on hours for a student visa holder to work but now they have set a limit hours as they fail to attend and complete their courses.
    My sister is a cardiac nurse and ive been trying to find a job for her here in the UK. And i heard that private hospital do still employ from abroad like Cardiac Physiologist, Radiographers and Registered Nurses. The only thing im not sure if you need to take IeLTs exams.
    But im sure there are some recruitement agencies in the Philippines that are in contact with the UK hospitals NHS or NON NHS.
    Its very unlikely to get a work permit from a direct sponsorhip here in the UK.
    At the moment there is a recession going on with the Healthcares and cutbacks.
    Just keep an eye on any rescruiting agencies in the Philippines and you'll never know you might find some. Goodluck and all the best!
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information