Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

TB screening for uk visa applications .

I will be applying for my visa to join my husband in Scotland soon and I'm aware the Philippines is now on the list of countries where TB screening is required .
    However the ukba website doesn't list approved centers for screening in the Philippines , does anyone know if such a thing exists here or whether my regular xray and skin test records from my clinic here would be enough ?
    If anyone can advise me about this I would grateful . Thanks in advance .

My wife just obtained a chest x-ray but wasn't asked for it when she arrived.
    Good luck with your travels.
    Tone

Respected Member
    Same for my wife. She obtained a chest x-ray in Philippines and brought it with her to the UK. In my wife's case, she was asked to show it when she arrived, so it really is 50/50 I guess as to whether you will be asked on arrival.

As far as i know Philippines is not on the list for TB screening because i didn't do any x-ray before when i left there last July but still I'm not sure yet if it belongs to the new rule. Anyways what i always did before if i have a question regarding to the requirements aside here from the forum is that i always emailed VFS (Info on UK Visa in Philippines <info.ukph@vfshelpline.com>) and they used to reply back like 24 hours after. Try to email them about that

Trusted Member
    New measures have been announced by the UK Home Office – to replace airport-based screening ( where it exists ) with a pre – entry screening programme. They WILL apply to the Philippines, but have not yet been implemented. This means migrants wanting to enter the UK for more than 6 months will – in the future - need to be screened before they are granted a visa. The UK government claims this will save the taxpayer, by not screening here and also requiring treatment – if needed - in the country of origin.
    Pre – entry screening usually applies to active lung TB, since it poses the greatest risk of infecting others. It’s already been piloted in several countries ( not the Philippines ). The intention is to “ roll out “ screening to countries such as the Philippines over the next 18 months. Public health action at airports to protect against people with infectious TB will remain.
    Screening for TB may include – in addition to a chest X Ray – a Mantoux skin test, a blood test ( IGRA or interferon gamma release assay ), sputum ( spit ) sample if you have a cough, and other clinical tests depending on symptoms. A new test ( Xpert MTB/RIF ) shows promise. The ( future ) cost - effectively added to that of the visa – will depend on where, and what, tests are available and treatment needed.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-c...uberculosis-UK
    http://www.hpa.org.uk/NewsCentre/Nat...22TBscreening/
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...may/42-tb-test

Until the pre-entry screening programme is introduced, just bring your medical record(s) including list of vaccinations and any X Rays you may have. Even if they’re not required when entering the UK, they will be useful when registering with a doctor ( GP ) here.
    Much more information is available about TB on this thread (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....long-way-to-go. ).

Tnx guys for the help. Yeah i did the same ReemaOwens I emailed the vfs before posting here but it said i have to wait 5 working days for the answer and I cant wait that long lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReemaOwens View Post
    As far as i know Philippines is not on the list for TB screening because i didn't do any x-ray before when i left there last July but still I'm not sure yet if it belongs to the new rule. Anyways what i always did before if i have a question regarding to the requirements aside here from the forum is that i always emailed VFS (Info on UK Visa in Philippines <info.ukph@vfshelpline.com>) and they used to reply back like 24 hours after. Try to email them about that
    My wife arrived here December 2009...on arrival she was asked for chest x ray.....she had it done in Philippines...local hospital being St Dominic, Imus....she was offered x ray there in airport if she didn't have.

Like its been said...its pot luck whether you get asked or not

Banned
    TB or not TB, that is the question.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    TB or not TB, that is the question.....
    That's the spirit

Thread Information