Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    AND yet ... FREE of charge to partners of *non-British Europeans exercising *THEIR so-called "Treaty Rights"!!!
    Thanks Arthur we already know this but they will just keep blaming the fact that their hands are tied on that subject.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I will do Ian.
    Andy, where did you get "Ian" from?

Sorry mate I thought that was your name.

Banned
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-feb-2012.pdf

4th page in. Unit cost for ILR posted : £255. Price charged : £991. Whats fair about that especially if it takes 3 months.

That's one hell of a markup.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Sorry mate I thought that was your name.
    No problem.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    All the evidence one needs is in the document here....2nd page...written by Damian Green...

He also has openly said that some visas are charged over the cost....so they aren't hiding it.

"Fees will increase by only 2 per cent in the majority of cases, but there will be higher increases on certain routes." I.E. the family routes....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...-fees-proposed

It was plastered through the press aswell I seem to recall. On fairness, I don't think that is fair. Our visas fees are subsidising other things / services / fees or whatever.
    I don't think that is going to win much sympathy with decision-makers though.

FAIRNESS and REASONABLENESS:

We live in a country that gathers massive amounts of information and statistics about its residents and immigrants...all stored on computers and easily accessed.

1. How many Filipinos have been convicted of criminal offences of any kind in this country, compared with OTHER Asians ?

2. What is the divorce rate for Filipino/UK marriages compared to that of the indigenous population ?

3. How many of these marriages have been found to be SHAM marriages compared to other ASIAN/mixed couples ?

4 As above, but found to be FORCED marriages ?

5. How many Filipinos are in employment and contributing to the public purse, as opposed to other Asians ?

6. How many Filipinos have asked for the services of an interpreter ?

7. How many Filipinos have had to be removed from this country compared to other nationalities ?

8. How many Fil/UK couples are claiming benefits compared to other Asian families ?

9. How many Fil/UK couples are accommodated in public housing compared to other Asian families ?

10. How many Filipinos require special provisions to be made for schooling and places of worship compared to other Asian communities ?

The UKBA's entry requirements for citizens of the Philippines are total bullshit, and in the case of Settlement Visas the criteria should include the likelihood of the applicant being able to integrate into and to contribute to our society and its traditional way of life.

There should be a POINTS-BASED system taking into account the various factors which may affect the above in either a positive or negative way.

If the govt and the UKBA are to be allowed to discriminate in the way they have chosen to, then let it be based on FACTS and reality.

Have you got your list of ironies lined up? Working for the NHS, daughter in the army etc etc
    Yes mate I sent a attachment to the radio station pointing all that out. I think that is when they became interested.

Thanks Graham. I will ask (if they dont kick me off first.). and if they give me enough airtime.

4th page in. Unit cost for ILR posted : Whats fair about that especially if it takes 3 months.
    ... plus the recent much-debated surcharge imposed on applicants who [naturally] prefer not to wait that long!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... plus the recent much-debated surcharge imposed on applicants who [naturally] prefer not to wait that long!
    Yes. Exactly. Given this info, its all a great ripoff. Particularly felt by those least able to pay.

Good point Arthur.

Good for you Andy.
    As everyone has said, get your main points down on a piece of paper.
    The system is discriminatory. If you were Polish and working here you could bring your filipino wife and child here and pay nothing for the Visa.
    The £18600 is not right or fair as there regional pay differences in the country and living costs vary so much depending on where you live.
    I would also mention how you work in the NHS and your daughter serves this country in Afghanistan and yet this same government is putting up barriers to your right to a family life.
    The bottom line my friend is you are British and in love with a woman whom you have married and want to spend the rest of your life with and this government is preventing you from doing this.
    As a listener I'm sure it would appeal more to me to hear the emotional side to this story. A husband and wife very much in love kept apart by ridiculous Government Policies.
    Best of Luck matey

Yes. Given this info, its all a great ripoff. Particularly felt by those least able to pay.
    Thats if they grant you visa in the first place. Look at what bigmarco has been through.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post

As a listener I'm sure it would appeal more to me to hear the emotional side to this story. A husband and wife very much in love kept apart by ridiculous Government Policies.
    Yes, the story has many sides to it and the emotional side may be the best route or at least the opening gambit, especially if the time that Andy gets is limited.

Trusted Member
    Yes, the story has many sides to it and the emotional side may be the best route or at least the opening gambit, especially if the time that Andy gets is limited.
    I agree.

It's also an angle popular with the media...the people who REALLY control this country.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    If you were Polish and working here you could bring your filipino wife and child here and pay nothing for the Visa.
    Precisely what I implied ALREADY in #28! 's continually been a SORE point with MANY here. How about OUR Human Rights??? After all ... is EVERY BIT as much a part of the EU as ANY of the OTHER Member countries.

Thanks guys all your comments have been copied and pasted and printed out. Before I go on the show I want to make sure that this is not just a phone in. I want someone who will be there or on the phone to answer our questions. ie someone from the ukba and a government official. Having said that it might take some time to arrange. After all said and done they want me on the show so they should grant my requests. If not I will go to the papers and hopefully cause a right stink.

Here's wishing you the very best of luck with your radio interview, Andy. We're ALL behind you ... believe me. Shame the programme isn't being broadcast Nationwide!

Thanks Arthur as long as I get our points across thats all that matters.

Banned
    Can anyone see this from the point of view of the 'bureaucrats'? Perhaps a guideline minimum wage is considered necessary to support a family, and not to be a burden on other taxpayers through tax credits and benefits? Yes okay, I'll get my coat...

Trusted Member
    Yes, of course....but it's DISPOSABLE income that is important.

What about someone from say Poland, who is entitled to bring his Filipina wife here with no questions asked ?

Don't forget also that a Spouse is permitted to work as soon as she arrives anyway, so their figures and assumptions are bollox.

Banned
    No need to shout man, like wow. Not sure about the bit about the Polish man and Pinay wife, depends on her current nationality status I suspect?

Get a job as soon as she arrives? My own dear wife took 15 years to get a job, why work when some sucker (husband) pays for everything?

I want to know why people from pakistan and bangladesh etc are allowed in without speaking english yet philippinos must speak english discrimmination if you ask me .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
    Can anyone see this from the point of view of the 'bureaucrats'? Perhaps a guideline minimum wage is considered necessary to support a family, and not to be a burden on other taxpayers through tax credits and benefits? Yes okay, I'll get my coat...

This is the kind of question you are likely to get Andy....I would bet on it being the first question you will get.

Yes mate I know. But the poster does not know the circumstances. Anyway I dont expect support from everyone. I just want to get my point across. And if I did the same job in kent where the poster says he comes from I would make the minimum income threshold.

I would think the most obvious question the public might ask is -

Why should anyone just be able to bring in anyone? We're overcrowded, them immigrants are taking all our jobs/women/sheep

Why don't you go live over there then? Why must it always be them coming here!

And all this, you can be sure is down to one section of the community who has not integrated, who have caused problems and who have abused the system for decades. Due to this experience, some public opinion isn't that sympathetic in general.

If anyone ever asks me, I tell them the simple truth, which is that I can't go over there because I wouldn't get a work permit, I have family obligations here etc.

Good luck anyway and hope you can really get your point across

Dont worry Iani I have all the answers.

Banned
    Then after this Andy, maybe we will see you on Question Time?

Yes I will have the back up of Johnny Rotten.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
    No need to shout man, like wow. Not sure about the bit about the Polish man and Pinay wife, depends on her current nationality status I suspect?

Get a job as soon as she arrives? My own dear wife took 15 years to get a job, why work when some sucker (husband) pays for everything?
    It's called EMPHASIS ...on ONE word.

I think you were looking for an argument, but I'm not in the mood this minute.

Sunday morning and I've just got out of bed...might turn into:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information