Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Hi all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    What do you mean?
    Have spent 14 years living in the Philippines and the 'novelty' has never worn thin! Maybe you should spend some more time learning about yours wife's culture, instead of seeing everything as negative.
    Apologies for my late response. .I had work to do.

My marital difficulties, as you implied, has nothing to do with cultural differences.

Talking about my wife, these are the issues we actually agree on 100%..it was she who laid into Philippine airport staff over the 2 lbs over etc etc. .it was she who said to them that no wonder her own country folk are leaving in droves blah blah

You say the good in the country outweighs the bad, maybe for the westerner...not for the poor folks on the ground it isn't. Folks who can't get jobs. who can't feed there families who can't get medical treatment because of having no money. .you ask the folks fleeing the country whether they think the good outweighs the bad.

For your information, I still have neighbours that talk ..we still have neighbours that help out like taking in mail etc. .summertime in the garden, time permitted, we pass the time of day talking over the fence.

You called me negative. ..you ain't got a clue about me.

The Philippines is a great country if you have money, lots of it. ...These are not my words but the words of my wife and her family. ...either way, I'm not at all bothered at this moment in time.

Cheers
    Mark

Btw. ...it's my understanding it's the government wish to keep it a third world. ..With its mostly untapped mineral wealth alone could put it on par with its rich neighbours. ..you can only blame the electorate. .for it was they who put these people in charge. ..you were only talking about the new mayor of Manila yesterday. .not to mention the election a week or so back.
    I will stand corrected if I'm wrong in any of that.

Yes, the Philippine people are a wonderful people. .I thank mother in law everyday what she does for us.

Respected Member
    Hi mark , ( The next hoop of fire you got to jump through is luggage. ..namely keeping within luggage allowance. .most other countries allow a small margin of being over weight, this does not apply in the Philippines. ..believe you me, the Philippine airport authorities have turn't it into a nice little earner.
    If they can extract even more of your hard earned, they will. Make sure you weigh your bags before leaving for the the airport ) baggage fees don't have anything gto do with airport authorities -they are posted by the airlines when buying ticket and excess baggage fees are also listed ,I agree there should be leeway -but who decides how much ? for example you are allowed 7kg carry on on most flights -so if there were 2/3 passengers travelling together -and carryon allowance was below what is allowed -then if u were 1kg over check in -would they allow it -well answer is probably not -you have to take 1 kg out of check in and out in carry on -even though all of it is still going on plane -its not the check in staff -its the airline that make the rules and unfortunately check in staff don't have any authority to change

Banned
    Thanks for that. ..If that's the case, why wasn't i given the same grief at Heathrow. ..twas after all same airline. The ground staff at Heathrow didn't roll out state of the art 80 yo weighing scales either. ...I'll agree with the hand luggage being spot on but not the stuff for the hold. .anyway, it's over and done now. ..Thanks for your response

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

My marital difficulties, as you implied, has nothing to do with cultural differences.
    Mark, i never said anything about your marital difficulties. Sorry if you saw it that way.
    What i said was you should learn more about your wife's culture. Same goes for anybody else who is married to or has a girlfriend from the Philippines.
    Did i call you negative? No i said your views on the Philippines are all negative.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    You got a spare room Jake ?
    Next year we will have 2 spare rooms The moment i am dreading as no more kids in the house

Banned
    No problems Jake. .just me being my sensitive self. .If you ignore me I'll go away

If you can take positives out of being shafted for your utilities and fuel well, good for you. .even I had a job to stomach it on my western income. Goodness knows what the indigenous think about it.
    Apart from that, keep up with the informative posts of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    No problems Jake. .just me being my sensitive self. .If you ignore me I'll go away

If you can take positives out of being shafted for your utilities and fuel well, good for you. .even I had a job to stomach it on my western income. Goodness knows what the indigenous think about it.
    Apart from that, keep up with the informative posts of yours.
    No problem Don't plan to ignore you as everyone's posts are interesting whether i agree with them or not

There are a lot of negative things said about the Philippines and although some are true, quite often the story is exaggerated.

Trusted Member
    Awww.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Next year we will have 2 spare rooms The moment i am dreading as no more kids in the house
    That's been my situation since last September...on my own too.

Probably why I spend so much time on here.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Don't be so damned insulting.

You've been given an enormous amount of help and advice by total strangers on this forum, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Also, probably half of the membership are Filipinos, and now you start insulting their country.

This attitude of yours doesn't bode well for your marriage to a FILIPINA.

I also hope she's got brains to make up for your evident shortfall in that department.
    If you read more deeply into what I wrote on here, you will see that I am not insulting anyone. All I am doing is stating the facts of my own personal experiences.. So please don't go over the tops, And I have said thank you to everyone who has helped me with their advice.

Respected Member
    This attitude of yours doesn't bode well for your marriage to a FILIPINA.
    I saved a rose from dying in the Philippine hell-hole..
    I want to see this beautiful rose grow over here in my garden..

I also hope she's got brains to make up for your evident shortfall in that department

Look at who is insulting who?

Quote Originally Posted by louismc44 View Post
    I saved a rose from dying in the Philippine hell-hole..
    I want to see this beautiful rose grow over here in my garden..

Look at who is insulting who?
    Hey Louis do you not see that you are insulting a lot of our members and my wife's home.
    A lot of people have followed your story on here and have been rooting for you for a long time. Personally I must say you've changed my feelings in the last 24hours.
    I wish Olivia all the luck in the world, I think she's going to need it.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    How many times have you been to the Philippines??? How long have you stayed there??? I don't think the British members here who are currently living in the Philippines for years are living in hell-hole.. No foreigners would choose to live there if they can't see the beauty there. I've met some foreigners there who chose to live there even if they don't have a lot of money while they are there. They are struggling to make their own means of a decent life and yet they refuse to go back to wherever they come from. Anyway, I'm sure the Filipinos don't need a person like you visiting the country.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    How many times have you been to the Philippines??? How long have you stayed there??? I don't think the British members here who are currently living in the Philippines for years are living in hell-hole.. No foreigners would choose to live there if they can't see the beauty there. I've met some foreigners there who chose to live there even if they don't have a lot of money while they are there. They are struggling to make their own means of a decent life and yet they refuse to go back to wherever they come from. Anyway, I'm sure the Filipinos don't need a person like you visiting the country.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Hey Louis do you not see that you are insulting a lot of our members and my wife's home.
    A lot of people have followed your story on here and have been rooting for you for a long time. Personally I must say you've changed my feelings in the last 24hours.
    I wish Olivia all the luck in the world, I think she's going to need it.
    Oh well it just goes to show you can't please them all

Respected Member
    Anyway, I'm sure the Filipinos don't need a person like you visiting the country.
    Don't worry, I promise you that I won't go back there again.

There seams to be a lot of disagreements on this forum in the last few days, which as an open forum can be taken in whichever way the person reading the comments interprets them.
    Maybe time to throw another spanner into the works as it were, and divulge the one thing that I live by above all else:-

You are born with 2 ears and 1 mouth.......... use them accordingly

Have a think about what you are reading, where you are reading it, and what reaction you expect when people read your comments.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    This thread is now CLOSE since the OP already got all he needs from this forum. Time to move on to another person the members here can help.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information