Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Respected Member
    1. Photocopy or actual credit card used for the online purchase(s).
    2. Photocopy or original photo ID of the credit card holder.

Hi filbrit

Thank you for your advice

1. Photocopy or actual credit card used for the online purchase

I paid for the ticket over the phone

Not all visa/debit card holders here in the UK have a photo of themselves their cards

In my case I don't have a photo of myself on my visa/debit card

Regards
    Louis & Olivia

Trusted Member
    Just scan in or make a photcopy of the card you used to buy the ticket.

A photcopy or scan of the photo page of your passport should keep them happy, in the absence of another form of 'photo ID'.

All this has to do with money-laundering/fraud/anti-terrorist regulations etc. It's no big deal. Nobody is trying to steal your ID. Just go along with their little rules.

Upload them into your PC and send them off to your lady. She prints them out. Job done.

Banned
    Hi Louis
    As Graham said, just go along with their little rules. .luck or as it now seems unlucky for me, my wife wasn't asked for such proof.

The next hoop of fire you got to jump through is luggage. ..namely keeping within luggage allowance. .most other countries allow a small margin of being over weight, this does not apply in the Philippines. ..believe you me, the Philippine airport authorities have turn't it into a nice little earner.
    If they can extract even more of your hard earned, they will. Make sure you weigh your bags before leaving for the the airport.

Trusted Member
    Those little Filipinas are STRONG....dragging around those 100 kilo bags.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Those little Filipinas are STRONG....dragging around those 100 kilo bags.
    They don't have a problem dragging muggins around

Respected Member
    For security reasons, the following are required upon check-in or ticket reissuance,
    failure to produce these documents may result in denied boarding:
    1. Photocopy or actual credit card used for the online purchase(s).
    Hi filbrit

I have complied with your very helpful advice with a copy of my passport photo ID and copies of my visa/debit transactions with the receipt to show that I am the one who paid for the flight ticket
    I hope this is all in good order?
    Thank you
    With kind regards
    Louis & Olivia

Respected Member
    I don't know why people from the Philippines get so patriotic about it?
    The two times I have been there

Two hours power cut every day, and sometimes in the evenings too.

We talk over the internet in yahoo messenger, if we are lucky? We might go about 5 minutes before we are cut off again and again.

Scorching heat all day long, in the mid 90's
    and not much cooler in the nights, around the 80's

The rain, that is another thing, it don't rain like it does here.
    It comes down like sheets, flooding everywhere and if your plumbing is not working properly, then God help you, because no one else can.

Yes you have to be either tough or stupid to live and survive over there, believe me it helps.

I thought it was an absolutes hell-hole and that is putting it mildly, and I was so glad to get out of it.

It reminds me of that song, 'There Is A Rose In Spanish Haarlem'?
    That is exactly how I see, and feel about Olivia
    I want to take that rose out of there and watch her grow over here in our UK gardens.

Of course, the UK is not perfect, we have a lot of problems over here, but least I feel we do have a chance to make our lives a little bit better then those poor so and so over there have.

We speak over the phone a lot.
    One bit of good news for all those who call the Philippines 'Virgin Media allow me to call up to 250 minutes per month with an extra £5 added to my bill.

I've always believed that life is what you make it.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    That description of the Phils is a partial list of why I love the place.

It IS a third world country.

Personally I love its craziness and the challenges involved in living there, despite the annoyances that us mollycoddled Westerners sometimes experience.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    No life is not only what you make it
    It is also what other's will let you make of it too

Respected Member
    That description of the Phils is a partial list of why I love the place.

It IS a third world country.

Personally I love its craziness and the challenges involved in living there, despite the annoyances that us mollycoddled Westerners sometimes experience.
    Then tell me great O great one.
    Why are there so many people from around the world, making a bee line for the western way of life?

Respected Member
    I know what I know, and what I have seen, and that is it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by louismc44 View Post
    Then tell me great O great one.Why are there so many people from around the world, making a bee line for the western way of life?
    Come on Louis...let's be nice. .I would imagine the westerners that are partial to the place is because they have the option that when the novelty wears thin, they can revert to normality on a whim.I remember us staying in our dream paradise in a remote part of Bicol..we were there 3 weeks. .it was sure good to get to a kfc in Manila.

Banned
    I have seen and met many westerners while's travelling in Asia
    They walk around like the own the world with a young woman hanging onto their arms.

They lord it up over there with the high pensions that can buy servants , food and almost anything else that the can afford to have. I've seen the way they have given themselves a veneer of high important of which they never could archive here in the west, where they came from.

Its not nice to see and I think those Philippines know that they are being looked down upon and they try to make up by you double, or treble or even fourfold the cost of things. The yanks and the Spanish were there for years.
    I think it has made the Philippines nation into a bunch of pirates

Of course there are maybe 1 or 2 very nice decent people from all around the world.

Life is very cheap over there. Did you know you can have someone bumped off for about £20 or even less?
    Come on Louis, don't sit on the fence, say what you really feel.

I think you been talking to my wife Louis. .that's how she views it well, maybe just us westerners.

I didn't realise it was as much as £20...worth bearing that in mind. ..I'll award you with a rep for that.
    Cheers.

Respected Member
    I think you been talking to my wife Louis. .that's how she views it. ..I didn't realise it was as much as £20...worth bearing in mind. ..I'll award you with a rep for that.
    Cheers.
    Oh yes, I almost forgot
    One does need a great sense of humour too

Trusted Member
    Then tell me great O great one.
    Why are there so many people from around the world, making a bee line for the western way of life?
    Don't be so damned insulting.

You've been given an enormous amount of help and advice by total strangers on this forum, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Also, probably half of the membership are Filipinos, and now you start insulting their country.

This attitude of yours doesn't bode well for your marriage to a FILIPINA.

I also hope she's got brains to make up for your evident shortfall in that department.

Don't be so damned insulting.

You've been given an enormous amount of help and advice by total strangers on this forum, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Also, probably half of the membership are Filipinos, and now you start insulting their country.

This attitude of yours doesn't bode well for your marriage to a FILIPINA.

I also hope she's got brains to make up for your evident shortfall in that department.
    A rep coming your way Graham!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    this whole visa application process is sooo stressfull.
    i found out yesterday my g/f's general visit visa application was refused. its been a long 9 months since she went back.

Very well said Graham

Louis, i find your comments disrespectful and arrogant. If your attitude was like that when you visited the Philippines i am surprised that anybody even gave you the time of day.

Yes there are some problems in the Philippines but the good points far outweigh the bad in my opinion. No electricity for 2 hours. Wow what a major problem!

Some things you see in the Philippines are similar to what you might have seen 50 years ago in the UK. Neighbors who actually talk to each other and help when they can. Is that a bad thing?

Some of the friendliest and most hospitable people in the world are found in the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Very well said Graham

Louis, i find your comments disrespectful and arrogant. If your attitude was like that when you visited the Philippines i am surprised that anybody even gave you the time of day.

Yes there are some problems in the Philippines but the good points far outweigh the bad in my opinion. No electricity for 2 hours. Wow what a major problem!

Some things you see in the Philippines are similar to what you might have seen 50 years ago in the UK. Neighbors who actually talk to each other and help when they can. Is that a bad thing?

Some of the friendliest and most hospitable people in the world are found in the Philippines.
    A rep for you too jake!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Come on Louis...let's be nice. .I would imagine the westerners that are partial to the place is because they have the option that when the novelty wears thin, they can revert to normality on a whim.I remember us staying in our dream paradise in a remote part of Bicol..we were there 3 weeks. .it was sure good to get to a kfc in Manila.
    What do you mean?
    Have spent 14 years living in the Philippines and the 'novelty' has never worn thin! Maybe you should spend some more time learning about yours wife's culture, instead of seeing everything as negative.

Banned
    please excuse my ignorance--but just what is all this "rep" business? i'm on several other internet forums--and havent come across this practice before

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    please excuse my ignorance--but just what is all this "rep" business? i'm on several other internet forums--and havent come across this practice before
    Look here in the forum FAQ's

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Means we have to do a push up to calm us down

I think you know exactly what it means? If not you can use the search function and someone who is much more articulate than myself will explain the process.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. You can always come and live in the hell-hole like some of us have chosen to do. Its not that bad. Honest!

Trusted Member
    You got a spare room Jake ?

Banned
    I think you know exactly what it means? If not you can use the search function

i took your advice--and entered rep in the search box. yeah right.

i'll stay here thanks. the cons way outweigh the pros with regard to moving over there.

No life is not only what you make it
    It is also what other's will let you make of it too
    That's a tad too negative for me.
    I'll stick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    A rep for you too jake!
    I suppose it would be out of the question for your good self to send me a rep too ...I was after all trying to make it jovial.
    No harm in asking.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    What do you mean?
    Have spent 14 years living in the Philippines and the 'novelty' has never worn thin! Maybe you should spend some more time learning about yours wife's culture, instead of seeing everything as negative.
    Steady on cowboy. .as I've just said, I was being jovial trying to stop this thread descending into a slanging match. .I suggest you wind it in a tad.

Thread Information