Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Fiancee holiday

Fiancee holiday

Hi, my (unofficial) fiancee and I are currently living in Thailand but about to go back to the Phills a second time. In December I want to bring her to England to meet my family.

What immigration problems or issues can we look forward to and what is the maximum duration she can stay?

Secondly, if we decide we want to stay longer can I just ring immigration in London and say, "I love my wife so we're staying and you let that Abu Hamza stay here so then get on with it - that's not what I will do but what could they really do about it, hunt us down and put us in jail?

[Admin: Swearing edited out. This is a public forum with respectable people. Please treat it as such.]

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by troubled View Post
    Hi, my (unofficial) fiancee and I are currently living in Thailand but about to go back to the Phills a second time. In December I want to bring her to England to meet my family.

What immigration problems or issues can we look forward to and what is the maximum duration she can stay?

Secondly, if we decide we want to stay longer can I just ring immigration in London and say, "I love my wife so we're staying and you let that Abu Hamza stay here so then get on with it - that's not what I will do but what could they really do about it, hunt us down and put us in jail?

[Admin: Swearing edited out. This is a public forum with respectable people. Please treat it as such.]
    As The Boss posted in the forum, you should do your homework and searching, you can find all the info you will need. I am skeptical about telling them your love for your wife would be enough to convince them. (And YES they will hunt you down and put you both in jail ) but yes they will not make your life easier if you break any immigration law. They are already facing a very difficult task to deal with immigration and as what I see they will not make it any easier for everyone.

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

Thread Information