Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I dont know where your marrying but look here and if you search my threads you can see what my arrangrements where

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Hi, from my own experience having got married 2 years ago in Philippines. Is that you can do a lot with that amount of money for a wedding. for me this is including all the paper work needed 60,000 pesos. so lets say £1000 that was for the wedding , priest, rented a bar for 3 hrs had family friends good parent/witness,etc. some 50 people all together. food for all. had drinks back at our own place which is where we safed our money. 500 pesos for kareoke job done .
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I dont know where your marrying but look here and if you search my threads you can see what my arrangrements where

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/
    Hey Keith long time no see, how are you buddy?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Hi

Can I ask, my missus to be and I are sorting our wedding out for October, and as I'm in the UK, and she's still working abroad (We fly back to phils together meeting up half way, aww innit romantic, fetch a bucket), we're somewhat reliant on her family finding wedding arrangers.

Her father has offered to get in a sack of rice and a load of pork, and holding a reception at their home to do it on the cheap..........but you only get married once (ok ok, tell that my ex, but let's move extremely quickly on), and it's her first time, and I'd like it to be nice for her.

Well, we've had a few quotes from people her family seem to know - including one who is a family member - and they are all coming out with quotes of a similar starting figure. For absolutely everything - hotel location, photographer, catering for 100 (What the hell, who are her family inviting......the whole village and a goat?), dress, loads of other things - I've had quotes of between 90k pesos and 150k pesos. The latter is near enough 2k in GBP.

The latest planner, he's sent me an e-mail, saying about "ohh the 120k I quoted her sister, it isn't my own arrangement, but I can do you something really special for 150k (Well he would say that wouldn't he! Cheeky git!)

Top and bottom of it is, I'm not stupid, some locals prob think "rich westerner involved".......which is far from the truth, but we've both been saving, and we could manage this.

Can I ask - does 150k sound okish, or is this comedian frankly taking the

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over the extra amount in the grand scheme of things. We're frankly getting no-where for less than 120k, so this is the ballpark figure we don't seem to be able to get away from.

Thanks in advance
    7 years ago me and the husband in civil wed with only close friends and some family members and relative a total of 25 people cost us 3,000 pesos only plus the hotel afterwards for 2,500 for 3 days and the extra 1,500 for some expenses a total of 7 thousand what else i could ask..
    but 150K pesos that will pay our mortgage for our home right now in PH maybe you could lend me some Iani
    but goodluck and think twice before making any decision with money..your future wife should know the cost i supposed
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Trusted Member
    Moy, by my standards that was positively extravagant....but good effort !

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Hi

Can I ask, my missus to be and I are sorting our wedding out for October, and as I'm in the UK, and she's still working abroad (We fly back to phils together meeting up half way, aww innit romantic, fetch a bucket), we're somewhat reliant on her family finding wedding arrangers.

Her father has offered to get in a sack of rice and a load of pork, and holding a reception at their home to do it on the cheap..........but you only get married once (ok ok, tell that my ex, but let's move extremely quickly on), and it's her first time, and I'd like it to be nice for her.

Well, we've had a few quotes from people her family seem to know - including one who is a family member - and they are all coming out with quotes of a similar starting figure. For absolutely everything - hotel location, photographer, catering for 100 (What the hell, who are her family inviting......the whole village and a goat?), dress, loads of other things - I've had quotes of between 90k pesos and 150k pesos. The latter is near enough 2k in GBP.

The latest planner, he's sent me an e-mail, saying about "ohh the 120k I quoted her sister, it isn't my own arrangement, but I can do you something really special for 150k (Well he would say that wouldn't he! Cheeky git!)

Top and bottom of it is, I'm not stupid, some locals prob think "rich westerner involved".......which is far from the truth, but we've both been saving, and we could manage this.

Can I ask - does 150k sound okish, or is this comedian frankly taking the

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over the extra amount in the grand scheme of things. We're frankly getting no-where for less than 120k, so this is the ballpark figure we don't seem to be able to get away from.

Thanks in advance

IAN...

If your fiance she want that way wedding ask her to share for the expenses Let say 50/50

If you cannot afford the payment. ....Till to her straight to the point coz too expensive and don't say yes if you don't like their idea

Very Interesting thread

Me and My husband had a Civil Wedding in our Municipal and a Reception in Restaurant for close friends and Family..We bought our Wedding ring in ONGPIN cheaper to buy gold...and since its Civil wedding we only bought RTW in mall...Even if my very Old Father in law (he is 82 that time ) Fly all the way from Scotland Just to meet her sons wife to be, He's giving us money to do BIG wedding, i told my husband not to ask help, ( he said when he do say..I impressed his dad that i dnt want only MONEY but i do love his son and thats Very TRUE) His dad presence is more important than anything...i was touch that he is there to see his SONs happiest Day
    What im trying to say is Its still up to you Ian and wife to be Cheaper or expensive Wedding, That will be one of the happiest day of your LIFE as long as u are so much inlove with each other ( I said one of happiest, coz when we had our BABY were very happy too ) ohhh im sorry if out of topic but I LOVE YOU very much my Husband ALLAN

HAPPY FOR YOU CAT! mhheeowww haha just kidding.. but yes that's true.. what you wrote... and Cgratzzz with the baby

Yes meowww Thanks Lhailhani

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBloodAda View Post
    It's all sorted now. Like I said, just the small things to sort out now. We looked through many venues (well, photos for me!) and this one instantly caught both of our attention. I ain't ever getting married again anyway, and neither is she so we want to go out with a bang! We can afford it (despite this government thinking I can't even afford bread and water) so why not do it. I got all my immediate family coming too, so we've saved budgeted money that we had planned for a blessing here. No need for that now as my parents get to see the real thing
    enjoy your vacation here!! have fun!! lots of places to visit... good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Moy, by my standards that was positively extravagant....but good effort !
    I THINK SO..if i assist it but we never have wedding ring the husband offer me before the wedding but i refused and now we cant afford yet..that time it was cost for 40 thousand pesos..one of the reason i refuse but i was blinded that time i thought he dont have that money to buy..just now that he told me its unfairrrrrrrrrrrr

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    When my best friend got married last 2009, their overall expense reached Php700,000! Both Filipinos btw..extravagant! although they got half of it back from families and relatives, GIFTS!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I can buy house and car for that in my wife's village
    Truly!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Truly!
    very true
    i send pm to you last night and now i hope u got it

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Truly!
    I know! good thing her hubby have 6 digits salary! hahaha well they both decided it to be that grand..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    IAN...

If your fiance she want that way wedding ask her to share for the expenses Let say 50/50

If you cannot afford the payment. ....Till to her straight to the point coz too expensive and don't say yes if you don't like their idea
    Exactly!....you gotta start as you mean to carry on Ian or you'll be making a rod for your own back.

Good to see Keefy again...welcome back..missing Apo too.

My first wedding in 81 cost £20...double wedding ...marriage lasted 25 years.

Trusted Member
    I was supposed to be getting married in 82...double-wedding also (identical twins...I was only marrying one though ).

Got cold feet and backed out of it.

Banned
    Wise man Graham

We got married with a sister of mine....that £ 20 included marriage licence...registry office and half reception costs...never had honeymoon, dad and i was shipping 2 days later for a 3 month run to the middle east..

Trusted Member
    Actually, probably the biggest mistake of my life (top of a long list ).

She was 'the one'....looking back. We'd already been going out 3 years and I had a nice house etc.

Killed in a road accident a few years later, when we were still seeing each other.

Banned
    Oh! Sorry Graham...I remember you mentioning it now be it a long while ago.

Sorry mate! Xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    It's a difficult one Ian. My initial reaction was £2k for everything including the dress for 100 guests isn't to bad, but perhaps some will disagree.
    Yes thats what my fiancee and I have agreed on with perhaps some change, but thats not icluding the hotel for our honeymoon etc
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    When my best friend got married last 2009, their overall expense reached Php700,000! Both Filipinos btw..extravagant! although they got half of it back from families and relatives, GIFTS!
    Expensive and extravagant!! as well as we did but it happened we're both happy we received more than what we expected from our guestss

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Actually, probably the biggest mistake of my life (top of a long list ).

She was 'the one'....looking back. We'd already been going out 3 years and I had a nice house etc.

Killed in a road accident a few years later, when we were still seeing each other.
    Sorry to hear that!! knowing you as a funny man I didn't know that you are hiding some sadness

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    7 years ago me and the husband in civil wed with only close friends and some family members and relative a total of 25 people cost us 3,000 pesos only plus the hotel afterwards for 2,500 for 3 days and the extra 1,500 for some expenses a total of 7 thousand what else i could ask..
    but 150K pesos that will pay our mortgage for our home right now in PH maybe you could lend me some Iani
    but goodluck and think twice before making any decision with money..your future wife should know the cost i supposed
    I thought filipina like your goodself were a myth (compliment) and it appears a wonderful cook...I hope your husband appreciates you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information