Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

I Need to get My Mrs to Read This

I think she eats a level teaspoonful with her grapefruit....

"An estimated 14% of stomach cancers in the UK - one in seven cases - could be avoided by reducing salt intake to recommended levels, it has been claimed.
    People in the UK consume an average of 8.6g each a day, much of it hidden in processed food.
    This is 43% higher than the maximum recommended amount of six grams, equivalent to one level teaspoonful.
    Better "traffic light" food labelling is needed to reduce the number of stomach cancers linked to salt, experts have said.
    A standardised form of colour-coded food labelling would help consumers monitor their consumption of salt, sugar and fat, according to the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF).
    Kate Mendoza, head of information at the charity, said: "Stomach cancer is difficult to treat successfully because most cases are not caught until the disease is well-established.
    "This places even greater emphasis on making lifestyle choices to prevent the disease occurring in the first place - such as cutting down on salt intake and eating more fruit and vegetables."
    She added: "Because around three-quarters of the salt we consume is already in processed food when we buy it, WCRF would like to see traffic light labelling on the front of food and drink packaging to give clear guidance on the levels of salt as well as sugar, fat and saturated fat."
    Each year in the UK around 7,500 new cases of stomach cancer are diagnosed and almost 5,000 people die from the disease.
    Cutting salt intake to 6g a day could prevent 1,050 of these cases, according to the WCRF.
    Excess salt is also linked to high blood pressure, the main cause of strokes and a significant cause of heart disease, as well as osteoporosis and kidney disease.
    "
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/reducing-sa...011628512.html

no tocino for your wife then
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    I suppose Tocino once in a year isn't bad going....

But salt on the grapefruit, in copious quantities.....I ask you.....

Respected Member
    Seriously, the filipino diet is a walking disaster area.

Years ago I was having a seagoing medical at a new facility set up in Manila for that purpose and I had a bit of a chat with the very charming doctor who was running it. I made some remark about the healthiness of fish, vegetables and rice and she replied "Yes, fried fish, fried rice, fried vegetables, all with loads of salt, topped off with fat pork and duck eggs and a six pack of beer in front of the TV!"

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I suppose Tocino once in a year isn't bad going....

But salt on the grapefruit, in copious quantities.....I ask you.....
    Oh well thats bad, tell her that grapefruit and too much salt will make her lips pale ....

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Seriously, the filipino diet is a walking disaster area.

Years ago I was having a seagoing medical at a new facility set up in Manila for that purpose and I had a bit of a chat with the very charming doctor who was running it. I made some remark about the healthiness of fish, vegetables and rice and she replied "Yes, fried fish, fried rice, fried vegetables, all with loads of salt, topped off with fat pork and duck eggs and a six pack of beer in front of the TV!"
    It goes the same as here(UK) , the food taste bland, mostly processed and frozen

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    It goes the same as here(UK) , the food taste bland, mostly processed and frozen
    yep that's what I thought so too
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    True. If you buy processed and frozen.

Anyhow, the grapefruit was a fresh one, full of flavour.

Thread Information