Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Large Age Gap And Happy :)

Hello! I am 19 years old and in a very loving and happy relationship with a 48 year old man. We've been together for few months now. It wasn't always easy (just like any relationship), but we've stuck together and got through the rough patches, and now it has evolved into a very stable, committed, and caring relationship. We are starting to (seriously) talk about marriage and children!

Whenever I think about our large age difference being abnormal or strange, I just think about how I see all of these "normal" couples around me, who feign happiness and stability, only to find out that, behind the curtains, they are really miserable, separating, cheating on their spouses, etc. My conclusion is, if your happy, that's all that matters -- not your age!

total agree, being happy with yourself and with your partner is more important then a number,

Welcome to the forum Ann and u willl certainly get a lot of advice here from the members who post regularly. Just to reassure you a little, my pinay wife is 34 and I am 61 and the relationship works perfectly so dont worry about the age difference or whether others may raise their eyebrows in disbelief, as long as u are happy then thats all thats matters so good luck to the both of you.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I do agree that age doesnt really matter. Its tested and proven by me self and me partner, also for those couples here in this forum and outhere who are living happily together. The most important thing of all is you love, care, respect, listen and TRUST eachother in the end which makes and helps the relationship grow more stronger. Just IGNORE what people say, they are just BORED.

Hi Ann, welcome to the forum

Hi Ann, We have an age difference too, my wife (also from Tacloban) is 33 and me 58. We have been married coming up to 3 years now and are living in the UK now. The age gap doesnt matter as long as you are both happy. Good luck to you both

Trusted Member
    My first (Filipina) wife was 23 and me 39 when we married...together 12 years. First marriage for both of us.

My Filipina Fiancee is 26 now, and me...mental age 26 also.

I'm not sure how bothered she is about helping me with my walking frame, trying to dig my teeth out from down the back of the sofa and singing along with me to Bing Crosby.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    My first (Filipina) wife was 23 and me 39 when we married...together 12 years. First marriage for both of us.

My Filipina Fiancee is 26 now, and me...mental age 26 also.

I'm not sure how bothered she is about helping me with my walking frame, trying to dig my teeth out from down the back of the sofa and singing along with me to Bing Crosby.
    love it Graham .. my girl is 26 in August and age is nothing when you love each other.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member
    Well, I have just done a double take - a Filipino friend, having glanced at my sister in law's FB page, made a remark about "teenagers getting out of control if they have access to hard drinks" - the picture (admittedly blurry) was of my mahal, clowning about, fag in one hand, brandy in the other!

So here am I, in my late fifties, being accused, by a Pinoy friend, of "cradle snatching" a teenager...

Kay is actually just shy of thirty - but so slim and so drop dead gorgeous that Pinoy friends think she's a T-bird and foreign friends thinnk she might be a ladyboy!

I don't actually care, because we are both as happy as Larry, but coming to the serious point, there is always going to be a time in any May and September relationship when December happens - the older partner, having rattled along happily for years, falls off his (less often her) trolley and quite suddenly becomes old and infirm.

It's grossly unfair on the younger partner to expect him, or, more usually, her, to have to turn, in her forties, say, into an unpaid carer for the feeble minded, incontinent, wheelchair bound, older partner.

I think one has to plan for this.

Our two pennyworth is that on the one hand Kay needs to have a career to fall back on when I am gone and/or useless, and on the other hand I really don't want to end up "sans teeth, sans eyes, sans everything", so I intend to carry on sailing (my lifelong passion) until I go overboard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Well, I have just done a double take - a Filipino friend, having glanced at my sister in law's FB page, made a remark about "teenagers getting out of control if they have access to hard drinks" - the picture (admittedly blurry) was of my mahal, clowning about, fag in one hand, brandy in the other!

So here am I, in my late fifties, being accused, by a Pinoy friend, of "cradle snatching" a teenager...

Kay is actually just shy of thirty - but so slim and so drop dead gorgeous that Pinoy friends think she's a T-bird and foreign friends thinnk she might be a ladyboy!

I don't actually care, because we are both as happy as Larry, but coming to the serious point, there is always going to be a time in any May and September relationship when December happens - the older partner, having rattled along happily for years, falls off his (less often her) trolley and quite suddenly becomes old and infirm.

It's grossly unfair on the younger partner to expect him, or, more usually, her, to have to turn, in her forties, say, into an unpaid carer for the feeble minded, incontinent, wheelchair bound, older partner.

I think one has to plan for this.
    Actually, where my wife comes from in the Philippines they dont abandon there loved ones into institutions...they actually care and look after them by themselves....as is the norm in the Philippines....its whats expected of the family...unlike here in the west

Respected Member
    I think that may be changing - another sister in law who works in the States thinks there is a future in care homes in the Philippines - at least and initially for balikbayans.

But my real point is that those of us in an unequal age relationship need to plan for the moment - which will come - when the disparity suddenly becomes critical.

Of course, there's a pretty good chance that one will get carried off with a heart attack or a stroke or a fairly quick cancer...

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    total agree, being happy with yourself and with your partner is more important then a number,
    Exactly stevewool I do believe in the saying "Whatever it is that makes you happy, go for it"

Hello, Ann ... to this friendly site. Here's wishing you and your partner every joy and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by malchard888 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Ann and u willl certainly get a lot of advice here from the members who post regularly. Just to reassure you a little, my pinay wife is 34 and I am 61 and the relationship works perfectly so dont worry about the age difference or whether others may raise their eyebrows in disbelief, as long as u are happy then thats all thats matters so good luck to the both of you.
    Thanks for the warm welcome malchard888. I'm happy with what you've shared. It did inspire me, and yeah, when it comes to love, age does not really matter . I wish you all the best life may offer God bless you both

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome imagine. God bless you and your family as well

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    Hi Ann, We have an age difference too, my wife (also from Tacloban) is 33 and me 58. We have been married coming up to 3 years now and are living in the UK now. The age gap doesnt matter as long as you are both happy. Good luck to you both
    Thanks! wow its nice to know that your wife is from Tacloban too Wish you all the best in life lordna

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Actually, where my wife comes from in the Philippines they dont abandon there loved ones into institutions...they actually care and look after them by themselves....as is the norm in the Philippines....its whats expected of the family...unlike here in the west
    Yeah, i agree with you gWapito. I don't know if you are familiar with Zsazsa Padilla & the late Dolphy Quizon, they are both local celebrities here and was in a May-December relationship. Even during the last days of Dolphy, Zsazsa was still on his side, she never did leave her beloved Dolphy. Most of the filipinos have the same attitude We would never leave nor abandon the one we love until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hello, Ann ... to this friendly site. Here's wishing you and your partner every joy and happiness.
    Hi Arthur Little. Thank you for the warm welcome I wish you and your wife all the best in life God bless!

Hello! I am 19 years old and in a very loving and happy relationship with a 48 year old man. We've been together for few months now. It wasn't always easy (just like any relationship), but we've stuck together and got through the rough patches, and now it has evolved into a very stable, committed, and caring relationship. We are starting to (seriously) talk about marriage and children!

Whenever I think about our large age difference being abnormal or strange, I just think about how I see all of these "normal" couples around me, who feign happiness and stability, only to find out that, behind the curtains, they are really miserable, separating, cheating on their spouses, etc. My conclusion is, if your happy, that's all that matters -- not your age!
    Hi there Ann, and welcome to the forum
    Last edited by raynaputi; 13th October 2012 at 17:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there Ann, and welcome to the forum
    Thanks Terpe

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I agree Im 27 nd my husband s 70 ds y
    ear and we are really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I agree Im 27 nd my husband s 70 ds y
    ear and we are really happy.
    Glad to know that More happiness to come for the both of you

Trusted Member
    CBM is correct ( # 9 and 11 ) ! Happiness is a goal everyone would like to achieve. A large age gap need not be a barrier to a happy and stable relationship. Many forum members are in loving relationships with Filipinas, whether or not there is a big age difference, for several reasons including faithfulness.
    Each partner should look after their health, as one of their responsibilities. Being physically active is part of that. It helps strengthen relationships, improves quality of life, and reduces stress. Being inactive, obviously linked to obesity, increases the chances of many adverse health conditions ( including heart disease, diabetes and cancer ) and shortened lifespan. Two out of three adults in the UK, but less than one out of four in South-East Asia, don’t exercise enough. That doesn’t necessarily mean joining ( and actually using ) a gym. Walking 2 hours a week would help.
    More members have already looked at this thread than the one on inactivity (
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....any-as-smoking
    ) ! Our health is vital, not only to ourselves, but to those who love and care for us.

Trusted Member

Banned
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by feos158 View Post
    nice
    I can see why you only used one word in your reply, spamming all over the internet must be exhausting bye bye
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    My finger was hovering over the report button.

Romanian eh?

That would have wound Dedworth up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Aries View Post
    Thank you

Welcome to the forum Ann

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information