Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Applying for Fiancee Visa in Philippines

Hello Everyone,

I'm new in this forum.

Can somebody help me with some advise Please.

I'm planning to apply for British Fiancee Visa here in Philippines in a few months.

Do i need to hire an Immigration Lawyer for Fiancee Visa or Can we apply for a Fiancee Visa ourselves to save some money?

We have both been married before with Foreign Nationals and divorced in a past.We just little bit worried!!!

Many Thanks.............

Banned

thank you for sharing the link lastlid.

Cheers,
    Arjie

Banned
    Last edited by lastlid; 22nd July 2012 at 15:44. Reason: Apologies. Miss-post.

Banned
    Last edited by lastlid; 22nd July 2012 at 15:43. Reason: Apologies. Miss-post.

Once you've reviewed the guide and the UKBA website you'll be better placed to consider if your specific application will be straightforward or if there are some major complications.
    Or it may be that neither of you can really dedicate the time needed to put the application together.
    Remember though that you will both need to collect and put together all the needed documents.

Don't be shy to ask questions here.

If you both decide that you need an immigration advisor my advice would be to use a UK based resource.
    Use an OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) Immigration Advisor.
    Their main webpage is http://www.oisc.gov.uk

Thankyou .......Terpe

We don't have any major complications, other than waiting for both our Divorces to
    get sorted out,( I don't think that will be held against us?) we would like to file the Visa ourselves,

Many thanks for your time.

Arjie

Can anyone advise me please? after my Fiancee and I apply for a UK Fiancee Visa, how long will I have to stay in Manila for? Can I simply apply and return back to the UK in a few weeks...
    Regards Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Once you've reviewed the guide and the UKBA website you'll be better placed to consider if your specific application will be straightforward or if there are some major complications.
    Or it may be that neither of you can really dedicate the time needed to put the application together.
    Remember though that you will both need to collect and put together all the needed documents.

Don't be shy to ask questions here.

If you both decide that you need an immigration advisor my advice would be to use a UK based resource.
    Use an OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) Immigration Advisor.
    Their main webpage is http://www.oisc.gov.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pickwick View Post
    Can anyone advise me please? after my Fiancee and I apply for a UK Fiancee Visa, how long will I have to stay in Manila for? Can I simply apply and return back to the UK in a few weeks...
    Regards Chris
    ... not a problem, Chris; generally, the sponsor is present merely as a means of providing moral support to the applicant - nothing more - it isn't a specific requirement.

Hi Arthur, Thanks I thought I was needed to be present for passport details etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... not a problem, Chris; generally, the sponsor is present merely as a means of providing moral support to the applicant - nothing more - it isn't a specific requirement.

Hi Arthur, Thanks I thought I was needed to be present for passport details etc.
    Ah ... yes ... ! But once VFS counter staff have checked that *xerox copies of your passport, bank book/statements and other supporting docs specified in the Official Guidelines ["Pickwick Papers" in your case ] (*which you, as sponsor, supply at your OWN expense) tally, the originals will be returned to you straightaway.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I spent approx £500 for an immigration solicitor (not an advisor) to put together the application for my fiancée, best £500 I ever spent. The advice on evidence we were given was excellent, the visa package was very professional and the representative letter extremely compelling. It took 7 days to get the visa! Did using a legal person help? Well it definitely can not of being a bad thing.

Thanks mags, can you inform me the name of the solicitor, Iam interested....Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mags89 View Post
    I spent approx £500 for an immigration solicitor (not an advisor) to put together the application for my fiancée, best £500 I ever spent. The advice on evidence we were given was excellent, the visa package was very professional and the representative letter extremely compelling. It took 7 days to get the visa! Did using a legal person help? Well it definitely can not of being a bad thing.

Thanks Arthur, I get it now.... "The Pickwick Papers" great books, Charles Dickens Lived and died in my home town, Rochester Kent, many of his books has Rochester and Kent places in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Ah ... yes ... ! But once VFS counter staff have checked that *xerox copies of your passport, bank book/statements and other supporting docs specified in the Official Guidelines ["Pickwick Papers" in your case ] (*which you, as sponsor, supply at your OWN expense) tally, the originals will be returned to you straightaway.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thanks mags, can you inform me the name of the solicitor, Iam interested....Chris
    Chris

So we just used and I can recommend but I have no connection to Georgette or her company.

go here:

www.compasslaw.co.uk

Andrew is a barrister
    Georgette Thomas is a partner and I used her.
    Dipendre is an advisor; a little less expensive to use him but I wanted Georgette.

So just the 3 of them but they do an excellent job.
    The visa application was suitable for use in court if you need to go to appeal.

Phil

(Mags is my fiancée )

Thanks for this Phil, I have just picked up your message.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mags89 View Post
    Chris

So we just used and I can recommend but I have no connection to Georgette or her company.

go here:

www.compasslaw.co.uk

Andrew is a barrister
    Georgette Thomas is a partner and I used her.
    Dipendre is an advisor; a little less expensive to use him but I wanted Georgette.

So just the 3 of them but they do an excellent job.
    The visa application was suitable for use in court if you need to go to appeal.

Phil

(Mags is my fiancée )

Thread Information