Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some advice about how I feel

Hi.

I just read a post on here for single filipino ladies and it talks about if the man worries about money, then it isnt good news really.

The thing is, I am a nurse living on my own paying my own mortgage and bills and its going to take me a good ten months to save to go and visit the Philippines.

Its also going to take time to save to get married and bring my lady back here.

I would love so much to meet a Filipino girl and bring her here but am I asking too much ? I dont earn a bad salary, but its not at the point where I can just visit so quickly.

I wont be able to say to a girl I can visit in 3-4 months, its going to be ten months. And I know about all of this sending money back to their families but as you all know its not so easy to live comfortably here in the Uk unless you are both working. Will a genuine Filipino girl be flexible in these matters.

I hope this post makes sense.

if she is genuine she will understand and wait, as long as she trusts you are genuine too, it works both ways

Banned
    Cheekee - what about a UK based Filipina ? In your job don't you come across any Filipina nurses or carers ? I know a lot of them might have partners here or back home but it's a thought. 2 years ago my wife had 2 fellow workmate nurses available but they've both now got Brit partners.

Sadly at the hospital I work they are all happily married.

I might ask one of them if they know anyone. There are not many UK based Filipino on the dating sites at the moment.

Respected Member
    try filipinas who are already in Europe. It is cheaper than travelling all the way to Philippines.

Trusted Member
    Cheekee...take your time mate.

Actually, compared to some you're well placed for bringing a Filipina back here (steady job, decent salary etc).

Don't worry too much about the time scale aspect. It will stop you from rushing into anything (tell me about it ).

The Phils is a fantastic place for taking a holiday, so well worth saving for. You don't have to spend a fortune there...ask me, I'm the expert.

Personally I'd rather hook up with a girl already in the Phils, but that's just me, and as you rightly say, most of those already here are in existing relationships (even if they claim not to be ).

Still, no harm in keeping your options open.

There will always be plenty of help and advice here on the forum from people who've 'been there done that'.

the time you spend chatting online between now and having the cash to fly out there, gives you the opertunity to to get to know her and time to figure if she is genuine and compatable,

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Cheekee...take your time mate.

Actually, compared to some you're well placed for bringing a Filipina back here (steady job, decent salary etc).

Don't worry too much about the time scale aspect. It will stop you from rushing into anything (tell me about it ).

The Phils is a fantastic place for taking a holiday, so well worth saving for. You don't have to spend a fortune there...ask me, I'm the expert.

Personally I'd rather hook up with a girl already in the Phils, but that's just me, and as you rightly say, most of those already here are in existing relationships (even if they claim not to be ).

Still, no harm in keeping your options open.

There will always be plenty of help and advice here on the forum from people who've 'been there done that'.
    Thank you so much.

I will need a lot of advice and Im very grateful for any received.

Fella, really chill a bit.

Firstly, you know your finances better than anyone else, but knowing your salary, you are in a good position as Graham says (You posted it here remember).

Flights...umm.......£700 ish, cheaper if you're near a London airport (Can't remember if you said) hotel to stay, cheap as chips.
    As to where to go over there, I can't advise. I'd say for flips sake don't go and stay in Angeles City if you hope to meet a nice girl, but maybe some guys on here can give pointers to nice places to go stay.

I would even regard this as a holiday first and foremost, where you might meet someone special. If you don't - then chill and enjoy the atmosphere

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Sadly at the hospital I work they are all happily married.

I might ask one of them if they know anyone. There are not many UK based Filipino on the dating sites at the moment.
    I'd try engaging in conversation with some of them, there's a strong chance they have single cousins, sisters etc. They can also get on the bush telegraph for you here and find out if there's any likely girls in neighbouring towns etc. Remember if you don't ask you don't get.

Good luck in your mission !

Trusted Member
    Good point Dedworth.

Never been easier 'networking' too...Facebook etc.

Before getting involved with a Pinay in the Phils make sure your salary covers the financial requirements to bring her over

If it does, you can spend a couple of weeks over there for under a grand if you watch what you spend. I've seen flights to Manila for under £500 lately, for 2013.

Depending on what time of year you go and where you go, you can get a place to stay for 600 pesos approx. which is about a tenner a night. OK, it won't be the Ritz but it's a bed for the night. But it maybe possible to stay at your mahal's.

You can get a meal with a drink from the Food Court in the malls or Chow King for around a £1, so for a fortnights stay you could get away with £700 which includes flights, hotel and food. Other than that, you'll just need maybe another £100-£150 if you're not going too far from Manila and watch the pennies.

Trusted Member
    A man after my own heart Jamie.

Actually I'm thinking of taking my tent next time and kipping in the woods.

Attachment 6664

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, slow down, you will give yourself a heart attack, you have to get the right one first, then if its the right one you talk and talk and talk some more, remember its not just you cheaking out the girl, she is also cheaking you out too, you seem just like many of us before, we all have our bills to pay here just to live, all this must carry on and the girl you meet will understand that, it took me over 2 years to meet Emma from talking to her but by the time we meet we knew everything there is to know about both wanted, then when we meet it was 6 months before she came to england, it all takes time my friend, just make sure she is the right one for you thats most important

Banned
    Cheekee remember Trefors suggestion on your other thread (post #10 here http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....uth-east-of-UK.) head out to the Dubai or Abu Dhabi sand pits and check out the hordes of Pinay nurses

A man after my own heart Jamie.

Actually I'm thinking of taking my tent next time and kipping in the woods.

Attachment 6664

And its best to stay away from the deeply religious ones and the ones that live in the Zamboanga area

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    if she is genuine she will understand and wait, as long as she trusts you are genuine too, it works both ways
    i kept the missing waiting for more than 2 1/2yrs b4 i met her, now she says she wished it was 10yrs
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Just be patient It is true that it's not really easy but once you found Ms. Right sure everything will be fine. Don't think about being away for long or other things because if she really loves you she will wait for you no matter how long and accept you for who you are and what you are

Many thanks. Great advice.

I was thinking I would need about £3000 for 2 weeks in Manila.

I will take you're advice and chat and get to know them.

I am speaking to someone at the moment and she seems nice. Not too religious and very beautiful. She has been texting me which I think says a lot.

Can I ask why I should avoid the overly religious type ?

Trusted Member
    It depends upon how religious you are yourself.

Are you including the airfare in that 3 grand ?

Even if you are....more than enough for a couple of weeks.

I would urge anyone to take advantage of the full 20/21 days visa waiver anyway.

Some of my Filipino friends were saying I needed about £2000 for 2 weeks. I guess I need to research more into visiting, but yes I should get to know someone well first.

What is the visa waiver you are talking about ?

Trusted Member
    I would budget for around £500 a week in Manila...staying in a reasonable hotel + airfare.

If it was me....would be a lot less.

Trusted Member
    What is the visa waiver you are talking about ?
    Just another way of saying...no visa needed.

Trusted Member
    Some of my Filipino friends were saying I needed about £2000 for 2 weeks. I guess I need to research more into visiting, but yes I should get to know someone well first.
    Well obviously you COULD spend a huge amount of money, depending on where you choose to stay.

IMO £500 a week is enough to permit a decent roof over your head, 3 meals a day for TWO, and some daily spending money.

It's somewhere to start from and certainly not on the cheap.

I would budget for around £500 a week in Manila...staying in a reasonable hotel + airfare.

If it was me....would be a lot less.
    Thank you.

I feel its going to be easier than I first thought.

Happy days

Hrmph, I suddenly feel like a dating agency, but a friend of my other half is really sad, has just finished with her boyfriend and would like someone to talk to.

Not sure if she's a good prospect for anyone, she is certainly a nice pretty lady, but.......well. Not right for me to say anything else.
    She's in Phils now, umm drop me a pm if you'd like introducing.

Thank you.

I feel its going to be easier than I first thought.

Happy days
    And yes, much easier. Think maybe you were overestimating the cost of getting over there for a holiday - but always better to overestimate than under.
    As anyone will say, it's the initial flights that are the expensive bit, once there - it's all good I believe.

Anyway, good luck

It all depends on several factors - what airline you use, when you book, what time of year you go, what level of hotel you want to stay at etc. etc.

On my last trip I spent around £1700 for two weeks, with around £700 of that gone on travel to get there and that was more than I wanted to pay (booked too late). I went to Boracay as well as Pampanga so that total cost included return flights/travel for myself and Maria as well as day trips, food/drink for both of us, decent hotels ranging from £15-£30 a night and I even spent between £150-£200 on gifts for my mahal and her family.

But if you can afford to spend £2000, it might be a good idea to stay for a third week or see as much as the Phils as your budget allows

As for meeting a deeply religious girl, it might cause a few problems if you're not religious yourself, like Graham said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information