Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Letter Received from The Home Secretary

Received a letter today from Theresa May regarding illegals released on so called immigration bail and fines imposed on employers of illegals.

11 July 2012

Dear Dedworth

Thank you for your emails regarding the deportation of illegal immigrants and the fines imposed on those who employ people illegally.

Although the Government prefers that people leave voluntarily, the UK Border Agency has set up local immigration teams across the UK to gather intelligence, tackle illegal working, and track down and detain immigration offenders. These teams work to prevent and disrupt illegal activity and arrest then deport offenders. Last year more than 4,500 foreign national offenders, many of whom had perpetrated crimes, were removed from the UK. When a foreign criminal poses a risk to the public, they should stay in detention, and the Government always opposes bail. However, as you will appreciate, UKBA has to act within the law. It is also important to note that foreign criminals awaiting deportation in the community will be subject to stringent reporting restrictions, with every effort being made to deport them as soon as possible.

With regard to the fines levied against businesses that employ illegal workers, from January to September 2011 I,111 fines were issued, 176 of which were for more than £10,000. In the same period £5.1 million was collected however it is important to make clear that some of this £5.1 million figure relates to penalties issued in previous years.

Thank you again for raising your concerns on this matter and I hope I have been able to provide you with some reassurance.

Yours sincerely,

The Rt Hon Theresa May MP

Tel.. 020 7219 5206 Fax.' 020 7219 1145
    E-mail: mayt@parliament.uk

I'll obviously be responding

a) About the paltry amount of fines imposed and collected - I've said before it must cost more to administer than the money collected in

b) The whole flawed logic of releasing these people on "immigration bail". Their presence here is their crime and by giving them their liberty it hands them the chance to vanish again. They are here illegally we know nothing about them, they could be diseased, criminals or mass murderers therefore it should be assumed that they are a risk to the public and should be detained.

c) I also wrote - Am I stupid in thinking that to avoid deportation these people need merely to move towns and fail to “report” ? Are there any figures available eg for 2011 showing how many people released on so called “immigration bail” go missing after failing to report. I'll ask for a response to this

Respected Member
    haha well done. When did you e-mail her? I'm still waiting for a reply to an e-mail I sent a month ago, didn't even get an acknowledgement.

Trusted Member
    Well done Dedworth.

So they have to work within the law ?

Well change the damned law then, because clearly it's not 'fit for purpose'.
    That's what governments are for.

Just do what OBVIOUSLY the majority of voters in this country want.

I'm tired of hearing their pathetic excuses.

Spineless imbeciles !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    haha well done. When did you e-mail her? I'm still waiting for a reply to an e-mail I sent a month ago, didn't even get an acknowledgement.
    21 & 23 June Ricky

I agree kick out the illegals but leave the genuine law abiding British guys alone who have found love with a Filipina and wish to live there lifes here in UK.
    Its the Illegal ones who have made the goverment make these new laws and people like me and many others may suffer for something someone else as done.

Trusted Member
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack1969_uk View Post
    I agree kick out the illegals but leave the genuine law abiding British guys alone who have found love with a Filipina and wish to live there lifes here in UK.
    Its the Illegal ones who have made the goverment make these new laws and people like me and many others may suffer for something someone else as done.
    Exactly. It's about time this country started looking after it's people.

At least you got a reply. I think your points b and c are very important. It would be interesting to know how many are released on bail and how many disappear.

dedworth

so out of a possible 4,500 illegals who were deported, 176 employers were fined. thou not all the 4,500 were caught working illegally, but looking at the daily tally of illegals arrested it must be alot more than 176 !.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respect to you Dedworth
    More power to you.

When you reply to her, can you stick some doggy doo in the envelope

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Received a letter today from Theresa May regarding illegals released on so called immigration bail and fines imposed on employers of illegals.

11 July 2012

Dear Dedworth

Thank you for your emails regarding the deportation of illegal immigrants and the fines imposed on those who employ people illegally.

Although the Government prefers that people leave voluntarily, the UK Border Agency has set up local immigration teams across the UK to gather intelligence, tackle illegal working, and track down and detain immigration offenders. These teams work to prevent and disrupt illegal activity and arrest then deport offenders. Last year more than 4,500 foreign national offenders, many of whom had perpetrated crimes, were removed from the UK. When a foreign criminal poses a risk to the public, they should stay in detention, and the Government always opposes bail. However, as you will appreciate, UKBA has to act within the law. It is also important to note that foreign criminals awaiting deportation in the community will be subject to stringent reporting restrictions, with every effort being made to deport them as soon as possible.

With regard to the fines levied against businesses that employ illegal workers, from January to September 2011 I,111 fines were issued, 176 of which were for more than £10,000. In the same period £5.1 million was collected however it is important to make clear that some of this £5.1 million figure relates to penalties issued in previous years.

Thank you again for raising your concerns on this matter and I hope I have been able to provide you with some reassurance.

Yours sincerely,

The Rt Hon Theresa May MP

Tel.. 020 7219 5206 Fax.' 020 7219 1145
    E-mail: mayt@parliament.uk

I'll obviously be responding

a) About the paltry amount of fines imposed and collected - I've said before it must cost more to administer than the money collected in

b) The whole flawed logic of releasing these people on "immigration bail". Their presence here is their crime and by giving them their liberty it hands them the chance to vanish again. They are here illegally we know nothing about them, they could be diseased, criminals or mass murderers therefore it should be assumed that they are a risk to the public and should be detained.

c) I also wrote - Am I stupid in thinking that to avoid deportation these people need merely to move towns and fail to “report” ? Are there any figures available eg for 2011 showing how many people released on so called “immigration bail” go missing after failing to report. I'll ask for a response to this
    Good for you Dedworth .....so many tom titters in this world, good to see you are the real McCoy!
    Please post more of your correspondence with these types Ded, it'll give, me included, hope!

Well done dedworth. You did well to get a reply. I bet that cost you a bit in a backhander . Joking apart mate I cant see them getting to the stage where they want to be. i.e in full control of this matter. You made some valid points though. Well done mate.

Thread Information