Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Terpe your a star.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hello

Hi guys,
    Quick question. I'm already 5 years in the Uk but I got my ILR 3 years ago and I'm not married or anything, can I apply for naturalisation now? I've looked online but I'm a bit confuse when they say 5 years of residency does that mean the day I got my ILR or the day I came in the UK? Please help don't want to submit my app then it will not be accepted and loose my money. Thanks kabayan

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey boo View Post
    Hi guys,
    Quick question. I'm already 5 years in the Uk but I got my ILR 3 years ago and I'm not married or anything, can I apply for naturalisation now?
    how did you get in the UK? what is your visa before you had the ILR?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I did apply my first visa when I was in Dubai and receive a two year visa which was a spouse visa but I'm not married.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey boo View Post
    I did apply my first visa when I was in Dubai and receive a two year visa which was a spouse visa but I'm not married.
    So who signed your ILR declaration that the marriage is continuing and that you're still living together?

You should extremely cautious with any further visa applications.

Helloo terpe me plan to apply spouse visa next month but my hubby is no job yet and any properties he leaving to his parent he only have 69,000saving to his bank it is more than 6months old now do you think do you think it will be granted in uk embassy? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shie View Post
    Helloo terpe me plan to apply spouse visa next month but my hubby is no job yet and any properties he leaving to his parent he only have 69,000saving to his bank it is more than 6months old now do you think do you think it will be granted in uk embassy? thanks
    Hi shie,
    Based on the information you posted the Financial Requirement part of the application would be met.
    You need to be sure all other sections are also compliant.

There's plenty of information available here in the forum. Just make a quick search then ask any questions .

Good luck

In the part, CAN WE APPLY?...you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK...
    Unfortunately, me and my partner happen to both work in Saudi Arabia where we met, and we cant meet this criterion...Any advice, please

How did you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by kats_27 View Post
    In the part, CAN WE APPLY?...you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK...
    Unfortunately, me and my partner happen to both work in Saudi Arabia where we met, and we cant meet this criterion...Any advice, please
    If you cannot comply with UKBA immigration requirements then unfortunately any application you make will fall for refusal.
    My advice is to not make any application until such time that you can be fully compliant with all requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    If you cannot comply with UKBA immigration requirements then unfortunately any application you make will fall for refusal.
    My advice is to not make any application until such time that you can be fully compliant with all requirements.
    Sound advice Peter.

My husband to be is a British and I am a Filipina and we have been in relationship for two years and a bit, we both have good jobs in Saudi Arabia and will be on doing so due to our working lives in the next five years plus, then we may decide to go to UK to live and so, would be automatically granted a spousal visa as the first step in ultimately for British citizenship. Does this mean I mean I would have to wait for up to five years in the UK before perhaps being granted citizenship? My husband has a high savings in the UK and I believe this should help me being allowed to get a spousal visa.

Quote Originally Posted by kats_27 View Post
    My husband to be is a British and I am a Filipina and we have been in relationship for two years and a bit, we both have good jobs in Saudi Arabia and will be on doing so due to our working lives in the next five years plus, then we may decide to go to UK to live and so, would be automatically granted a spousal visa as the first step in ultimately for British citizenship. Does this mean I mean I would have to wait for up to five years in the UK before perhaps being granted citizenship? My husband has a high savings in the UK and I believe this should help me being allowed to get a spousal visa.
    Unfortunately kats, securing a UK Spouse Visa is never "automatic".
    Regardless of how long you've been in a relationship you and your husband will be required to comply fully with all UKBA requirements.

In principle, there is a requirement for employment within UK and also salary of £18600 per year for a couple along with other evidence that you are both living together in UK
    And yes, it will require that you renew your visa after 30 months for further leave to remain until you may apply for Indefinite leave to remain after another 30 months.
    Thereafter you may be eligible for British Citizenship application.

Of course many changes of immigration law can happen during the time before you decide to settle here in UK so it's not possible to predict what regulations will need to be complied with.

BTW, savings are of no interest to UKBA unles they are above £16,000.
    Even then it's only savings above the £16,000 that may be used in the event of any shortfall in earnings.

Reviewing the threads and postings here togther with the website of UKBA will provide you with a basic understanding of the current immigration requirements for Spouse

Thanks a lot

Hello Terpe
    All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Awesome, what an incredible amount of information that you have posted on here

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information