Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aww many congratulations to Sir Arthur and Myrna God bless you both xxx
    ADAMGRACE

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Melissa:

Being conscious of the fact that you will become eligible to apply later in the year, I would DEFINITELY recommend using the Service. Here, then, is a bit of background information about it:

Nationality Checking Service

The NCS is a partnership between the City of Edinburgh Council and the Home Office Nationality Group. It is registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Its officers are trained and authorised to check and forward completed applications to the Home Office.

The Nationality Checking Team can help reduce the chance that your application is delayed. It does this by:

(i) Checking your forms to ensure everything is completed correctly

(ii) Making sure all the required documents and fees are attached before the application is sent to the Home Office.

The team is able to return all your important documents (such as Passport & Marriage Certificate) rather than you having to submit them to the Home Office.

N.B. The Checking Service Team is not able to give advice or answer queries regarding an application. Any queries should be directed to the Home Office. Alternatively, telephone: 0845 010 5200

The Address & Telephone No. of the Edinburgh Office:

The City of Edinburgh Registrar's Office,
    59-63 George IV Bridge,
    EDINBURGH
    EH1 1RN

Phone 0131-529-2600 for an appointment ... and pay the Checking Service fee of £66 at that time.
    Thank you so much for this information Arthur. I will take note of this. Hopefully there will be no changes this year for British citizenship. I will be next in line... Once again, Congratulations to Ate Myrna!

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAdam View Post
    Aww many congratulations to Sir Arthur and Myrna God bless you both xxx
    Grace & Adam, we ...

Quote Originally Posted by aim_angel View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    ... and likewise, Angel.

Great news well done Mryna

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Great news well done Mryna
    Stevie ...

And all the best to Florsel, when it comes to her turn for ILR.

And a special to our good friend - and fellow "Perthite" - Aileen ( acs ) for her kindness in first proclaiming the 'glad tidings'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

The NCS is a partnership between the City of Edinburgh Council and the Home Office Nationality Group. It is registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Its officers are trained and authorised to check and forward completed applications to the Home Office.

The Nationality Checking Team can help reduce the chance that your application is delayed. It does this by:

(i) Checking your forms to ensure everything is completed correctly

(ii) Making sure all the required documents and fees are attached before the application is sent to the Home Office.

The team is able to return all your important documents (such as Passport & Marriage Certificate) rather than you having to submit them to the Home Office.

N.B. The Checking Service Team is not able to give advice or answer queries regarding an application. Any queries should be directed to the Home Office. Alternatively, telephone: 0845 010 5200

The Address & Telephone No. of the Edinburgh Office:

The City of Edinburgh Registrar's Office,
    59-63 George IV Bridge,
    EDINBURGH
    EH1 1RN

Phone 0131-529-2600 for an appointment ... and pay the Checking Service fee of £66 at that time.
    These fees vary as local authorities can charge whatever amount they want - our rip off Britain Royal Borough .currently want £70 which will be increasing (obviously not in line with inflation) to £74. The London Borough of Sutton in comparision is a bargain £50.00. I might be wrong but I believe you can shop around and do not have to use your own council

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    These fees vary as local authorities can charge whatever amount they want - our rip off Britain Royal Borough .currently want £70 which will be increasing (obviously not in line with inflation) to £74. The London Borough of Sutton in comparision is a bargain £50.00. I might be wrong but I believe you can shop around and do not have to use your own council
    Yes ... you're RIGHT! Noticed that myself only last night for the first time - when refreshing my memory on the advantages purported to be gained through the use of this Service.

Tbh, I was more than a little surprised to discover the disparities between local authorities in the different fees they charge for more or less the same function.

Personally, I believe that the Checking Service does offer some benefits despite the cost.
    Solely based on experience it does seem that when using this service the processing time to decision appears to be significantly less.
    Also, it does give a certain level of confidence.
    The applicants spouse does not need to surrender their passport.

These benefits seem especially useful for the long wait associated with ILR applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Personally, I believe that the Checking Service does offer some benefits despite the cost.
    Solely based on experience it does seem that when using this service the processing time to decision appears to be significantly less.
    Also, it does give a certain level of confidence.
    The applicants spouse does not need to surrender their passport.

These benefits seem especially useful for the long wait associated with ILR applications.
    Oh ... undoubtedly, ! Regardless of the *variations in fees, *those are fairly put into proper perspective - as mere drops in the ocean - compared with the high costs of Settlement Visas and/or Citizenship. And this is particularly true when one considers the feelings of confidence, satisfaction and peace of mind to be derived from knowing for sure, that one's documents have, at the very least, been presented correctly and the need to surrender one's passport obviated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information