Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Trusted Member
    Can I also add something...in case I'm ever miss-quoted ...

'Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the Union speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time – never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people.'

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Peter D,

I'm afraid that the quote you posted by me is not correct.
    I did not say that nor did I ever stay in Mayfield Park in Cainta

You may want to modify that.
    Terpe , I think I can see what happened , it was London_Manila who was quoting you first but clearly not in relation you to ever having lived in Cainta , it was actually London_Manila who once stayed in Cainta , not that there is anything wrong with Cainta its a luverly part of town apart from it being a nightmare driving to Makati during the rush hours which is 20 hours per day . It seems when using a post thats already been quoted from another post that its possible without intention to make it look like someone wrote something they did not write , an interesting possibility which I have not encountered before in my online life so apologies once again to Terpe for this incorrect quotation and in future I will try not do it again .

Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    Terpe , I think I can see what happened , it was London_Manila who was quoting you first but clearly not in relation you to ever having lived in Cainta , it was actually London_Manila who once stayed in Cainta , not that there is anything wrong with Cainta its a luverly part of town apart from it being a nightmare driving to Makati during the rush hours which is 20 hours per day . It seems when using a post thats already been quoted from another post that its possible without intention to make it look like someone wrote something they did not write , an interesting possibility which I have not encountered before in my online life so apologies once again to Terpe for this incorrect quotation and in future I will try not do it again .
    Hope you got a good lawyer.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter D View Post
    Traveling to Makati or Ortigas from Cainta was not good most of the time
    I ended up doing most of my shopping at SM Marikina and for food shopping
    i went to Sta.Lucia Mall
    As a place to live though i really liked Cainta and that part of manila
    Monthly in Mayfield Park was around 30,000 pesos a month = rent dues water electric
    So to live there comfortably (aircon on all the time) i would say you would need around
    45k a month

still seems a lot of cash, could be done cheaper i say and just as safe too, anyway its down to each of us what we could live with and also live without

Banned
    Yep. 'Orses for Courses and all that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    As forigners we're always going to attact attention its as simple as that. When out and about its like alot of other countries, make sure you're not displaying overt signs of wealth. I personally don't see any reason why you shouldn't have nice stuff inside your home (big tv, hi-fi, furniture etc) I think a dog, good quality windows and doors with locks, 10ft wall with crap covered barbed wire on top and a spikey gate should do it.
    I pointed that out to my wife's friends hubby and he said that they get around that with matting etc over the barbed wire. He lived there for 14 years.

Trusted Member
    That's correct, mattress or similar will defeat any amount of sharp stuff for the determined burglar....but still useful for the opportunist.

Noisy (free-roaming) dogs with sharp teeth are still probably the best all-round deterrent, and they work night and day whether you're in or out.

must agee with you graham, a good dog or two is the best

Banned
    Just chatting to the wife. Her mum's boss uses electrified fencing in his home. 4 dogs. And guards at the gates of the village.

Respected Member
    If people are reallly determined, they will get you.

Guards can be bribed, mattresses can be thrown over barbed wire, dogs can be shot or poisoned.

In particular, as shown by the recent assassination of Wilhemus Geertman in Angeles City:

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/429...tch-ngo-worker

a targetted political assassination is pretty much bound to get through.

The best you can hope to do is to deter teenagers looking for drug money to buy shabu shabu with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    If people are reallly determined, they will get you.

Guards can be bribed, mattresses can be thrown over barbed wire, dogs can be shot or poisoned.

In particular, as shown by the recent assassination of Wilhemus Geertman in Angeles City:

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/429...tch-ngo-worker

a targetted political assassination is pretty much bound to get through.

The best you can hope to do is to deter teenagers looking for drug money to buy shabu shabu with.
    I think I said the same in some earlier posts on this thread. Ultimately if people want to get in then they will. I guess it is a case of reducing the risk. I know the setup they have in Ayala Alabang works quite well.

I have come to the conclusion that if you can find the right people to help you keep your place secure (ones you can trust) then that is half the battle too.

And as someone else said, patrolling guards, not just one on the gate.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    I think I said the same in some earlier posts on this thread. Ultimately if people want to get in then they will. I guess it is a case of reducing the risk. I know the setup they have in Ayala Alabang works quite well.

I have come to the conclusion that if you can find the right people to help you keep your place secure (ones you can trust) then that is half the battle too.

And as someone else said, patrolling guards, not just one on the gate.
    Anvaya Cove, also an Ayala development, strikes me as very safe. Gate guards, patrolling guards, and they really do know who should be there and who should not be. The only problem is the eye watering prices!

http://www.ayalaprimeproperties.com/anvaya-cove.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information