Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thank you. Does anyone have any tips to identify a Filipino who is only looking for money front their past experience ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    Thank you. Does anyone have any tips to identify a Filipino who is only looking for money front their past experience ?
    Cheekee

I've no personal experience met Mrs D over here

Have a look at these

http://cherryblossomsdating.info/201...e-philippines/

http://dragonladies.org/bbs/viewforum.php?f=9

Best of luck on your mission

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    Hi and good luck in your search.
    You will also find on this forum that London Manila has a very negative attitude towards all things Filipina.
    Much better to take notice of all the members who have a much more positive attitude even if they themselves have had the odd bad experience.
    Take your time and once again the very best of luck in your search for that special one
    I stand by my postings and anyone who takes a short look at the "date in asia" dating website will be able to see that for themselves

My attitude is not negative to all things "filipina" so you are quite wrong there

Because you happen to be in a relationship with a filipina at present (as i am ) that does not mean you have to defend anything negative said about the philippines or its people

Some people do need some guidance and its important that they know and read that not all the woman in the philippines are perfect

Respected Member
    Where do i start

Most on the dating sites looking for money will not be slow in asking for money with many excuses for needing the money

sick relative
    hurt in a road accident (them or a relative)
    need money for medicine
    hospital bills
    no foods
    need to pay internet connection
    roof blown off in a typhoon
    pc needs to be fixed
    money to pay for university fees

These are just a few of the "old favorites" but really any excuse will be used

Demand to see them in webcam at a early stage and all internet cafes have webcams over there

Very few will actually look like their posted pic on the website

Not all are bad on these dating sites its just takes time to weed out the scammers ladyboys and people just after money

Not all are bad on these dating sites its just takes time to weed out the scammers ladyboys and people just after money[/QUOTE]

this is the best few words you have said, we all have our own way of doing things and most learn by there mistakes, some dont, but life is a teaching curb, just go in with both eyes open, take your time talking to the one person you think is right and just talk, everyone will trip themselves up if they are the wrong ones

my only advice is be careful because some filipinas are only after for money

and some english men are only after sex, it works both ways, good and bad in all

Trusted Member
    The ones who have profile pics with their tits hanging out, posing in Bikini etc are best avoided....except for reference purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    The ones who have profile pics with their tits hanging out, posing in Bikini etc are best avoided....except for reference purposes.
    would those pictures be hanging down trip over ones, sticking out purt like ones, or just in your face ones

Trusted Member
    Control yourself Steve !

Control yourself Steve !
    It's ok Gra,' Steve can say that because Emma has her nose down playing on her new iphone, she has no idea what Steve is doing right now
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    It's ok Gra,' Steve can say that because Emma has her nose down playing on her new iphone, she has no idea what Steve is doing right now
    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not so loud

Yes.

I have come across girls in these scenarios:
    1) one asked for money as her laptop had been stolen and she couldnt do her online teaching
    2) One needed medicine for her sick father
    3) One girl was stuck in the USA after becoming a "cam" girl and needed help.
    4) One girl couldnt teach because she couldnt afford her "teaching licence
    5) One girl recently tried to get me to pay gold membership on this website before she would let me see her on skype. She constantly told me she loved me (She was so over eager it was hilarious).

I also think maybe girls who ask for gifts very soon should be avoided.

I think true filipinos are proud of who they are and if genuine will be happy to get to know me over time.

I also take what is said about not all Fillipina women are perfect. But in all cultures this is the case. But I am more attracted to Filipina women than western girls and I'm sure I will get to meet someone very special.

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Where do i start

Most on the dating sites looking for money will not be slow in asking for money with many excuses for needing the money

sick relative
    hurt in a road accident (them or a relative)
    need money for medicine
    hospital bills
    no foods
    need to pay internet connection
    roof blown off in a typhoon
    pc needs to be fixed
    money to pay for university fees

These are just a few of the "old favorites" but really any excuse will be used

Demand to see them in webcam at a early stage and all internet cafes have webcams over there

Very few will actually look like their posted pic on the website

Not all are bad on these dating sites its just takes time to weed out the scammers ladyboys and people just after money
    Thank you for this advice.

trust me, you'll know.. if a woman really loves you she wont use you for money. she will be more interested in chatting or talking to you than begging for money. sadly many filipinas do that because they are desperate there.. they are poor but they dont work . they just wait for a potentail foreigner victim to feed them. so please be very careful. and beware of boys posing as a girl ( also called ladyboys) they are dangerous..

hehe anyway, i dont mean to scare you. dont worry there are more good, decent , and educated filipinas than the bad ones

good luck!!!

Philip, you are going about it in the right way. Sorting the wheat from the chaff. It's a shame that there appear to be many many desperate ladies out there trying all sorts of tactics to either find a westerner or procure money from them.
    A genuine lady will be more interested in getting to know you and about your life, not about your wallet. Like probably most of us here who have met and married our Filipina wives, we were never asked for a penny during our 'courting' time. Of course, I think when we go to visit we treat them, but not over the top, none of us can afford to throw money away these days. I think a potential 'genuine' girlfriend will know the score, will have more moral respect and would be too proud to ask for money in the first place.

Good luck in your search Philip
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Errr... not sure if you'd be interested...I have an aunt but she's in Kuwait working there for years already and she's been widowed for a very long time. We've been telling her to remarry but she said she hasn't found the right guy yet. She's older than you though, 47 y.o., but she doesn't look like her age. Anyway, if you're interested, just say it and I can talk to you privately.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAna View Post
    so please be very careful. and beware of boys posing as a girl ( also called ladyboys).

Lol

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi...I'm single since birth...if u do come in the Philippines, particularly in Davao city, I will accompany u and know u better....Ty

Hi There I was reading the thread regarding your search for a Filipina GF.. Not that I am volunteering to be a prospective GF for you, just want to tell you my sincere intention to be atleast a friend or a chatmate maybe we could get to know each other *ONLY IF YOU WANT* but if not, well there's no problem with me )

By the way, there are a lot of Filipina girls on different dating sites that are open for a serious relationship, you just have to choose wisely and NEVER GIVE MONEY.. you will feel if that person is really sincere and if you felt that there's something wrong with her, then follow your instincts.. Trust me, I've been in that situation before.. and the most important, you must know at first if she's real, I mean you should able to see her atleast on cam just to be sure that he's not one of the fake "ladyboys" or Nigerian scammers out there. And take it easy..get to know her first and you will know and feel if she's the one for you..Just like the other members here who are married to a Filipina..

Good Luck! and Godblees

Trusted Member
    Always request webcam.

I am talking to someone in Manila and she has texted me lots and tried to phone me today.

I think she is really nice, and that it's a big thing her texting me as it must be expensive for her.

Do you all think these are signs she seems genuine ?

Trusted Member
    Difficult to tell in the early stages.

You'll just have to see how things pan out.

I've never had one text me ...but you are younger and better looking.

Anyway, try to hold off for as long as possible before putting all your eggs in one basket.

Meeting them in person can be quite 'interesting', if you get to that stage.

I am talking to someone in Manila and she has texted me lots and tried to phone me today.

I think she is really nice, and that it's a big thing her texting me as it must be expensive for her.

Do you all think these are signs she seems genuine ?
    just tread carefull remember there are lots to chose from, just take your time

Difficult to tell in the early stages.

You'll just have to see how things pan out.

I've never had one text me ...but you are younger and better looking.

Anyway, try to hold off for as long as possible before putting all your eggs in one basket.

Meeting them in person can be quite 'interesting', if you get to that stage.
    I'm intrigued by what you mean by interesting.

Trusted Member
    Simply that people can be so different when you meet them face to face, even with Skype, Yahoo Messenger webcam etc...which is why it really is so important...before getting too excited.

My advice would be to get her to show you as many pictures of her as possible and to see her on webcam. Write down specific things she might say and test her tactfully at a later date to see if she's telling the truth.

I'd also have a plan B in place just in case she turns out to be not the person you thought when you do go over. If it does go pear shaped spend the rest of the holiday getting to know other Filipina's thus not wasting cash on a 13,000 mile journey.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information