Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Gathering Evidence of Our Relationship

So here am I now engaged
    This is where I need help in what I should be gathering to support our genuine relationship.
    These are the things so far I have done:~

Each month since October 2011 I have kept a monthly log of all proof's of our relationship.
    October to May.
    1. PDf scans of mail she has sent me.
    2. PDF scans of photos of her holding my letters & gifts.
    3. Receipts for Flowers I sent.
    4. Receipts for Western Union Gifts.
    5. Monthly log of Skype to Mobile calls ( twice a day )
    6. Monthly log of Skype video duration times.
    7. PDF scan since June ( now we have met ) of twice weekly emails.
    8. Two A4 sheets of photos of my love & her mum / dad and brothers & sisters.
    9. Copies of Hotel Vouchers.
    10. Copies of Airline Tickets.
    11. PDF scan of various reciepts inc Engagment rings.
    12. Print screen of Skype chat ie typing chat.
    13. Emails / letters of my Parents letters to my love & theor support of us both..
    14. Emails / letters of her mum to me & my family and their support us both.
    15 Emails of my brothers & sister in laws support of us both.

Please are there any other evidence I can gather? I plan to be there again this October so will have yet more photos etc.

Does my love have to gather a massive porfolio like I do? as I am the sponsor.

I could print mails I sent her and some photos of things she has sent me and PDF scans of letters i have sent her but she has little resource to happily scan and print things accept at a cafe.

I am preparing for next July and want to be well organised well before the wedding and the time I have to send in all my evidence.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
    John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Banned
    Essentially it is joint effort so its a case of gathering the evidence between you. Your collection looks quite a comprehensive one. Keep going.

During my two trips to the Philippines I kept all significant receipts. I just put them together in an organised pile and we submitted them with everything else.

EG engagement wedding ring receipts and all receipts relating to the wedding. Hotel receipts and airline ticket stubbs. My way of thinking is that they are so easy to collect, just need to stick em in a folder as you go.

Any scanning or printing that needed to be done over and above any that I had done, my wife did at a local internet cafe / it shop.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Essentially it is joint effort so its a case of gathering the evidence between you. Your collection looks quite a comprehensive one. Keep going.
    Thanks I appreciate that
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

its looking pretty good to me

Banned
    With the photos, we submitted nearly 50 but I was told that was more than necessary. However I think it is important to ensure that the photos convey a relationship over time so photos of yourselves together in different settings and in different clothes is required. When you go back you will get another shot at some more photos so that should be good.

Oh thanks chaps .. makes me feel i am on the right track, my girl kept lots of reciepts etc and I brought them home and scanned them in onto A4, and yes photos we have lots of different shots and with family etc.
    As regards hotels & airlines all i have really is e-ticket reciept and hotel confirmation and vouchers I can re- print plus the PAL airline ticket, Hope thats ok?

I think next time we shall keep even more reciepts like eating out etc.

I will ask my girl to take photos of letters I post to her and send me the pics then I can print them off, thats what i did before it seems nice and clear and her big smile of joy speaks a lot!
    Like wise when she sends me a letter I hold it up and take a photo of it next to my face
    Do you think this is ok?

They say that the photos are worth "that bit extra" if they are of the two of you (just the two of you, not a group) in recognisable places, for example in front of a certain building or a resort or - anything.

Not sure how important that is, but it can't hurt and certainly won't be hard to achieve.

Other than that, your list looks impressive and surely no-ones going to have doubts when they see this

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    They say that the photos are worth "that bit extra" if they are of the two of you (just the two of you, not a group) in recognisable places, for example in front of a certain building or a resort or - anything.

Not sure how important that is, but it can't hurt and certainly won't be hard to achieve.

Other than that, your list looks impressive and surely no-ones going to have doubts when they see this
    Yes, the pictures need to be of the two of you. We submitted a range within that stipulation. Some on our own together and some with family etc. Both. And of course wedding photos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    As regards hotels & airlines all i have really is e-ticket reciept and hotel confirmation and vouchers I can re- print plus the PAL airline ticket, Hope thats ok?
    I am sure it will be okay. Like I say, it is so easy to collect the more significant receipts and submit them. We didn't bother with the insignificant ones.

Respected Member
    Photocopy of visa stamps in passport? Simpler than plane ticket stubs.

Respected Member
    something we have forgotten to do - use the date stamp setting in the camera!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Photocopy of visa stamps in passport? Simpler than plane ticket stubs.
    In my case I didn't submit a notarised copy of my passport. So the plane ticket stubs were more significant for us. Also in our case, we had only known each other for about 6 months so we sought ways to beef up the relationship area of our application.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    something we have forgotten to do - use the date stamp setting in the camera!
    Yes. Something we couldn't do as our camera was a bit naff.

Thanks guys, I have lots of photos of us together and ones with the family ( mum dad and sister brothers ) to show that they are part of our relationship. We will get some photos outside CDO airport next time and other places that have a definate wording to say where they are.Good idea about passport I will scan that in as prrof I went there

I really appreciate all your input many thanks John

I'm just going to send one photo and a fresh pooey diaper. Nuff said
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I'm just going to send one photo and a fresh pooey diaper. Nuff said
    Ha. Yes. Analyse the DNA in that, Mr ECO.

You may find the information in this forum thread very worthwhile

Especially as this is one of the targeted requirements for tougher/clearer guidleines for use by the ECO

Thread Information