Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

leaving the philippines

hi everyone, my wife and child are due to travel from the philippines in the next few week,s just waiting for my sons passport, my wife already has her visa and the cfo sticker,my question is about what other requirements they need, do they need medical certificates? i told her to find out but i would like to hear from someone who has recently arrived, also the cost of all the tax/fee,s thanks....jay

any one just come to the uk on a settlement visa?

Check if your son needs a CFO sticker....seem to remember he does!
    Also get a chest Xray done and carry it with you in hand luggage. no medical certificates needed but medical records might be useful when they sign up to a GP here.
    Sorry cant remember airport taxes...but someone on here will know.

When they do arrive start collecting letters etc in joint names or her name so you have plenty of evidence of cohabitation for when you apply for ILR.
    Register with the NHS/doctor and get NI card (if she will work)

thankyou for the reply my son will be coming here on a britsh passport,does he still need a cfo sticker, my wife seems to think she needs some sort of medical cert, she asked her ,ofw uncle,but ive told her to call the relavant office there but i would prefer someone,s advice from here who has recently arrived, cos im dreading them going to the airport ,only to get turned away, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jayupnorth View Post
    thankyou for the reply my son will be coming here on a britsh passport,does he still need a cfo sticker, my wife seems to think she needs some sort of medical cert, she asked her ,ofw uncle,but ive told her to call the relavant office there but i would prefer someone,s advice from here who has recently arrived, cos im dreading them going to the airport ,only to get turned away, thanks again!
    As your son has a British passport he wont need a CFO sticker. Your wife wont need any medical certificate , just a chest xray ...its to check she doesnt have TB. Thats all that was required 2 years agoand i dont think its changed.
    Last edited by lordna; 8th July 2012 at 16:39. Reason: mistake

Banned
    If its too much bother to get chest xray in Philippines she can get it done at Heathrow on arrival

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayupnorth View Post
    Your son wont need cfo, but will need exit clearance cirt from burea of immigration if first time to use brit pport..

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    If its too much bother to get chest xray in Philippines she can get it done at Heathrow on arrival
    Thats true but it means you have to wait for them to do it....so if theres nobody on duty when you arrive you have to wait until there is! Then when you eventually get through immigration you cant find your baggage as your flight landed hours ago. Much better to get it done beforehand.

thankyou so much for the help/info! so now ill i need is the xray and my sons permission to leave cert,hopefully i can get this done strait away and book their flights this week, thankyou all so much

Thread Information