Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

CNI Procedure to obtain one?

Hi again my learned friends.
    I have printed a document "marriage in the Philppines" at of cousre tells me of the CNI my question.
    1. Where do i get this CNI form?
    2. How did you guys obtain yours?
    3. How early can I apply for one ( marrying next June )
    4. Its says "Your notice to marry must be posted 21 days on his notice board before CNI Issued ..
    5. The Registra in the uk will issue me a CNI DO I have to make an appointment with him / her to obtain this CNI?
    6. I have to advertise my propsed wedding for 7 days in a well know local paper.

What I am asking is can someone tell me A to Z the order of things that i have to do? and the time scales?

many thanks
    as ever,

John
    Last edited by songz777; 2nd July 2012 at 18:41. Reason: added more
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Banned
    It took me 3 weeks from the day I applied for a UK CNI through the Registrar. I arranged it with about 5 weeks to go before I left for Manila to present to the Embassy for exchange. In our case we had to collect the local CNI in Manila the following day after presenting them with my UK CNI.

I didnt have to advertise intent in the local paper.

When you see the registrar, you do the form filling and pay the fee, then wait for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    It took me 3 weeks from the day I applied for a UK CNI through the Registrar. I arranged it with about 5 weeks to go before I left for Manila to present to the Embassy for exchange. In our case we had to collect the local CNI in Manila the following day after presenting them with my UK CNI.

I didnt have to advertise intent in the local paper.

When you see the registrar, you do the form filling and pay the fee, then wait for 3 weeks.
    Thanks very much appreciated that helps me a lot to get to grips
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Banned
    I didn't make an appointment. Just had to turn up and queue. But it may be different elsewhere. A quick call to the registrar will help. I found that I could phone mine quite easily. Save a wasted journey.

Banned

PS. I cant remember about validity but then that wasn't a problem for us as we needed it in a hurry.

PS. I cant remember about validity but then that wasn't a problem for us as we needed it in a hurry.
    Thanks Lastid, I found it it last 3 months from date of issue so if I get married 1st week July 2013 I will apply end of April and with 3 week wait that will give the right ammount of time

Use the search ...top right ... there is lots of info on CNI's
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Use the search ...top right ... there is lots of info on CNI's
    Thanks Steve

Respected Member
    Summer time is peak wedding season. I recently booked an appointment to apply for my CNI here at Bournemouth, UK. The next available appointment was for 3 weeks time. As you are marrying next year you have plenty of time to book that appointment!

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi again my learned friends.
    I have printed a document "marriage in the Philppines" at of cousre tells me of the CNI my question.
    1. Where do i get this CNI form?
    2. How did you guys obtain yours?
    4. Its says "Your notice to marry must be posted 21 days on his notice board before CNI Issued ..
    5. The Registra in the uk will issue me a CNI DO I have to make an appointment with him / her to obtain this CNI?
    6. I have to advertise my propsed wedding for 7 days in a well know local paper.

What I am asking is can someone tell me A to Z the order of things that i have to do? and the time scales?

many thanks
    as ever,

John
    1. at your local registry office.
    2, Just join the queue.
    3,Apply 6 weeks before the date of your wedding. Dont forget to leave at least 14 days before your wedding because you have to apply for your marriage licence over there and that take 10 days.
    4, Yes it is posted for 21 days
    5 When you take your documents to apply for the CNI the registra will make a appointment for you to pick it up.
    6 I didnt advertise. But if in doubt ask the registra.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    1. at your local registry office.
    2, Just join the queue.
    3,Apply 6 weeks before the date of your wedding. Dont forget to leave at least 14 days before your wedding because you have to apply for your marriage licence over there and that take 10 days.
    4, Yes it is posted for 21 days
    5 When you take your documents to apply for the CNI the registra will make a appointment for you to pick it up.
    6 I didnt advertise. But if in doubt ask the registra.
    Hi Andy once again thank you for your advise and help

Clarification on some points

I am reading through British Embassy document " MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES
    Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Contemplating Marriage in the Philippines"

¨ CNI fee (£ 65 for the issue of the CNI) payable only in Philippine pesos, in cash, calculated at the current Consular rate of exchange.

1. For British National applicant born in the UK:

¨ Original UK passport. If applicant is overseas, a certified copy of the data page; a photostatic or electronic copy of the certified page is not acceptable.
    ¨ Original UK-issued CNI

Question:~
    1. The £65 fee do i pay that in uK and then again in Manila?
    2. I presume this means I just present my Passport even though I am from overseas?
    3. CNI simply refers to the one I will bring with me?

Many thanks

John

Untitled.jpg

Banned
    I am reading through British Embassy document " MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES
    Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Contemplating Marriage in the Philippines"

¨ CNI fee (£ 65 for the issue of the CNI) payable only in Philippine pesos, in cash, calculated at the current Consular rate of exchange.

1. For British National applicant born in the UK:

¨ Original UK passport. If applicant is overseas, a certified copy of the data page; a photostatic or electronic copy of the certified page is not acceptable.
    ¨ Original UK-issued CNI

Question:~
    1. The £65 fee do i pay that in uK and then again in Manila?
    2. I presume this means I just present my Passport even though I am from overseas?
    3. CNI simply refers to the one I will bring with me?

Many thanks

John

Untitled.jpg
    1] Two separate fees John. A fee for the CNI in the UK paid to the registrar. And a fee paid at the Manila embassy for the local CNI. Also there is a seperate fee for the CENOMAR of course. 3 sets of fees.

3] CNI is the one that you bring with you, yes but in the above the fee is for the local CNI that you will receive from the embassy staff in exchange for your UK CNI.

Banned
    2] Yes. Present your passport.

Thanks Lastlid I thought as much, double costs etc .. but hey it worth it

Can any one tell me how long it takes to get the converted CNI? i mean say i booked Monday got that date had the interview paid the fee how long will i have to wait before I can take it to CDO and log our 10 day wait?

Many thanks John

Respected Member
    Sometimes same day, sometimes the next day. Mostly is handed out on the same day.

Banned
    Can any one tell me how long it takes to get the converted CNI? i mean say i booked Monday got that date had the interview paid the fee how long will i have to wait before I can take it to CDO and log our 10 day wait?

Many thanks John
    John. It was explained to me by the embassy staff when I did a preliminary visit and also on some documentation that it might, in some cases, take more than the specified time, but that would be a little unusual, but still needs to be born in mind. I made an allowance for that in our time schedule. In our case I dropped it off one day and collected the local CNI the next. But I beleive now, under normal circumstances it is the same day.

John. It was explained to me by the embassy staff when I did a preliminary visit and also on some documentation that it might, in some cases, take more than the specified time, but that would be a little unusual, but still needs to be born in mind. I made an allowance for that in our time schedule. In our case I dropped it off one day and collected the local CNI the next. But I beleive now, under normal circumstances it is the same day.

Thank you very much for your help, i think based on your answers I will allow one extra day for a non same day completion you guys are very blessing!

Banned
    Thank you very much for your help, i think based on your answers I will allow one extra day for a non same day completion you guys are very blessing!
    I don't think that is a bad idea, especially if you have the days in your calendar to do that.

I don't think that is a bad idea, especially if you have the days in your calendar to do that.
    Well I am booking off 20 days which in effect is 30 days to get married I am lucky I have given years notice!

Banned
    Well I am booking off 20 days which in effect is 30 days to get married I am lucky I have given years notice!
    I see, with weekends I presume. You have a bit more breathing space to get it all done in.

I had only 2.5 weeks to do it in.

my husband's CNI was sent to me via DHL with his passport, application for marriage(authenticated by phil embassy) and an authorization letter and i was the one who went to the embassy and have the UK issued CNI exchanged with the local, i got the exchanged CNI in 15mins.

I see, with weekends I presume. You have a bit more breathing space to get it all done in.

I had only 2.5 weeks to do it in.
    Yes that includes weekends ...I am just blest that I can take this length of leave ..

Thread Information