Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: spousal visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)

spousal visa

I just need more information and advice for applying a spousal visa. I just got married to a Scottish man last month and I am into a process of gathering my papers in applying. I would gratefully appreciate for any guidance and assistance with regards to this matter.

Welcome to this friendly forum.

where in Scotland is your husband?

here the site that might help your needs

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...pplying-in-uk/

Quote Originally Posted by elainy View Post
    I just need more information and advice for applying a spousal visa. I just got married to a Scottish man last month and I am into a process of gathering my papers in applying. I would gratefully appreciate for any guidance and assistance with regards to this matter.
    Hi elainy and a warm welcome to the forum.

Do take a look at the UKBA website as suggested by LeoLady, then take a look here to see some details of how to meet the requirements needed by UKBA:-

How To Apply For A Spouse Visa

The financial information in the above link will only be valid for those applications submitted and paid for on or before July 8th 2012

Applications on and after July 9th will require different financial information based upon minimum income levels of the sponsor of £18,600 annually for minimum of the previous 6 months.

Do you intend to submit your application before July 9th?

I am caught with my marriage certificate w/c is not yet release by NSO and delays the things that need to be done like the CFO seminar with out that NSO copy I cannot attend the seminar. I don't have the date yet when to submit my application.
    I already went online and check the necessary requirements somehow my concern is sometimes Philippine way of doing things requires more aside from what is ask. I was also chatting with my previous officemate and she mention that almost all those filipinas attended the CFO seminar have medical check-up do I need one. Thanks a lot for sharing important info, it is a big help

A medical check up is not required for the UK, I think its a requirement for the USA.

The CFO seminar can be done after the visa has been issued, so dont delay submitting your application if you have not done the CFO seminar yet.

Hope you get your certificate from the NSO soon.

thank you, that helps a lot. I wish and pray that everything will be done sooner. Being with my husband is the best thing and nothing more to ask.
    Again Thank you.

Hello elainy...Welcome to this forum....have you named your passport in your married name....if not... you will need the CFO seminar.....about the marriage certificate ask the local registrar to let you send by yourself the marriage certificate at the NSO...they will allow you to fast track the processing and after that you will just wait a week to get NSO marriage certificate...That's what I did..good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Hello elainy...Welcome to this forum....have you named your passport in your married name....if not... you will need the CFO seminar.....about the marriage certificate ask the local registrar to let you send by yourself the marriage certificate at the NSO...they will allow you to fast track the processing and after that you will just wait a week to get NSO marriage certificate...That's what I did..good luck
    Reading Marie's reply, it comes across that if your wife has her passport in her new married name then she will not have to take the CFO seminar?
    Is this right or am i reading this wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Reading Marie's reply, it comes across that if your wife has her passport in her new married name then she will not have to take the CFO seminar?
    Is this right or am i reading this wrong.
    I agree with Rory. It still has to be taken even if the passport is in the married name....

The best advice i can give you at first is join in with this wonderful site get to know some of the users of this forum. People on here love to share all their experinces with you as most of the users are Brits or Phills with a British connection they can offer the best advice for you be careful of listening to advice from people who have visa for other countries as it will get confusing.

Don't worry it seems almost impossible at times but its not and so much easier with a forum like this
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Yes we need to take CFO this is the requirements for all spouses even though I already change my passport to my married name. I even call Manila just to verify information. With regards to the marriage certificate right now even I already requested the electronic one you have to wait 30 days unlike before it is fast. Philippine government is really slow even we are already on a computer age paper works is still the same, crazy to think of but I guess I just have to have patience and I will just get there.
    Pls give me more information should I attach to my visa application so that everything they need I would be able to comply.
    thanks again...

Thread Information